Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protestors yay or no

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

YAY or NAY.
    YES or NO.

And never the twain shall meet.

:mad:

But to answer your question - it depends what the protest is about doesn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I die a little inside every time I hear someone say "no consent, no contract".

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭crannglas

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    YAY or NAY.
    YES or NO.

And never the twain shall meet.

:mad:

But to answer your question - it depends what the protest is about doesn't it?
    Ha ha
    Apologies always love to be awkward,I will refrain in the future :( Do you think so? I mean there is a hundred and one different reasons why a person or group of people may protest. Maybe if gang of pedos protesting their rights to be who they are and right to carry out such an act . But things like property tax,water charges, workers rights etc.. everyone has right to protest and given support to do so. Don't you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

crannglas wrote: »
    Ha ha
    Apologies always love to be awkward,I will refrain in the future :( Do you think so? I mean there is a hundred and one different reasons why a person or group of people may protest. Maybe if gang of pedos protesting their rights to be who they are and right to carry out such an act . But things like property tax,water charges, workers rights etc.. everyone has right to protest and given support to do so. Don't you think?

People have a right to protest peacefully. But that doesn't mean I have to support them.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    People have a right to protest peacefully. But that doesn't mean I have to support them.
    You obviously support their right to protest then don't you. Peacefully is not always going to happen is it. As I said always going to be trouble makers in fold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Ha ha

If there was a counter protest by the water conservation crusaders who believe that nobody should flush their toilet with water that had been treated for human consumption, would you support them just because they were protesting? What about a protest demanding the immediate reinstatement of the act of union and submission to the Crown?

alias no.9 wrote: »
    If there was a counter protest by the water conservation crusaders who believe that nobody should flush their toilet with water that had been treated for human consumption, would you support them just because they were protesting? What about a protest demanding the immediate reinstatement of the act of union and submission to the Crown?
    like I said everyone had a right to protest.

Not what I asked, do you support their protests?

Not what I asked, do you support their protests?

Yes, its their right to protest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

"I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it." - Mitch Hedberg

• Advertisement

Yes, its their right to protest.

So you'll get stuck in and join the protest?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

You obviously support their right to protest then don't you. Peacefully is not always going to happen is it. As I said always going to be trouble makers in fold.

It's up to organizers and those vocal on the Internet to publicly denounce the agitators and trouble makers. With IW, it seem the agitators and trouble makers have a primary role in organizing protests.

So you'll get stuck in and join the protest?
    Not protesting for my rights are they? However in matter if water charges and the bail outs etc.. they are for national right of Irish people. Nice try epic fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Protesting is what people too scared or indoctrinated into the system do, they don't give a sh*te about protestors, you have the right to protest because you're granted that right by the state.

If they ever went too far, it'd be fighting for me :), probably as some sort of underground resistance at first, I'd steal all the guns and food from the preppers by befriending them, and proceed from there.

That said, there's not much to give out about right now, unless you want a free ride in life.

Dean0088 wrote: »
    It's up to organizers and those vocal on the Internet to publicly denounce the agitators and trouble makers. With IW, it seem the agitators and trouble makers have a primary role in organizing protests.
    You would be completely wrong there. They are not. They do denounce it and have done previously. Only last week one of their speakers said any trouble maker s are not welcome on the radio. And majority of protests in Ireland are peaceful.
    Great assumption on your part and exactly the stereo type government want protestors to have so people like yourself won't take part.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

They do. But if a minority go too far they should be arrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

Protest for a true cause? Absolutely, I'll meet you on the barricades

Protest over an attempt to safeguard and husband a finite resource? Get away from me, you crusty and pay your fair share

Not protesting for my rights are they? However in matter if water charges and the bail outs etc.. they are for national right of Irish people. Nice try epic fail.

Of course they are, your life will be much better as a British subject who harvests rainwater to flush the toilet, you just can't see it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

Didn't the EU and Irish government bully harass,intimidate,threaten us.

No, they did not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

You would be completely wrong there. They are not. They do denounce it and have done previously. Only last week one of their speakers said any trouble maker s are not welcome on the radio. And majority of protests in Ireland are peaceful.
    Great assumption on your part and exactly the stereo type government want protestors to have so people like yourself won't take part.

Well, every comment I've seen online (be it on Facebook, twitter, YouTube, Boards etc...), often posted by these groups' official accounts, either claim there were no trouble makers when there obviously was, blame the gardaí or simply don't mention it.

Maybe I exist in some media black hole but I've only come across a deliberate ratcheting up of tensions.

My decision not to partake isn't as a result of gulping down government spin. I have read a lot on the issue, listened to arguments from both sides and made my choice.

I'm open to change on the issue but until I hear something other than "Raawr!! No water charrrges!", I don't think my mind will be changed.

From a neutral standpoint, most people don't get involved in protests in Ireland because of a few idiots that ruin marches. When I was a student, the USI failed to condemn troublemakers at the 2010 march or address the issue the following year. Attendance numbers plummeted not because students fancied paying an extra 2k the following year, but because (from my experience) everyone know it'd just be hijacked again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

Of course they are, your life will be much better as a British subject who harvests rainwater to flush the toilet, you just can't see it yourself.

British subject??? Jaysus they kept that quiet. Looks like there's more to water charges than I thought!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

The level of thought and coherency of the OP is similar to most recent economic protests in the country.

I assumed it was written by a disgruntled Cabinet member.

Zen65 wrote: »
    No, they did not.

Yes they did and continue to do so through Irish traitors. Bury your head. Or is that you enda?

Zen65 wrote: »
    No, they did not.

Yes they did and continue to do so through Irish traitors. Bury your head. Or is that you enda?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,488 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Didn't the EU and Irish government bully harass,intimidate,threaten us.

How? I have never felt harrassed or bullied by anyone and certainly never intimidated :confused:
    And now use garda and prison to make people pay?

Who has ben sent to prison?
    Its happened before it will happen again. 200 thousand or more will march to the dail. Will you be one of them?

You keep saying this, do you have evidence that 200,000 will turn up or are you just guessing?

Who are these traitors you speak of?

Advertisement