Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring a purebred pig in from the uk

Options
  • 30-09-2014 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Anyone have any information on importing a pig from the uk.
    Ideas on how to bring them in as no ferries will take a jeep and trailer with livestock .
    Any unformation at all apreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Aghoney

I heard of people taking livestock up to Scotland, taking the ferry into Belfast, then driving south. I don't know which ferry company they used.

You can also ask the BPA to find out how the breeders in the north get their pigs from Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Large amount of paperwork involved i think, most farmers get livestock importers to handle it

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

Did you make a dicision on this yet? Why da choice of the UK? Is there no purebread pig breeders here which would save you all the paper work and the hassle. Just interersted to see what's the reasonin behind this. Makes for a great thread title to ;-)

Advertisement