Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IFGC Presents - The Irish Open

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Over 5,000 people watched the stream.

And hosting a tournament in which we're trying to attract international participation so far away from our international airport would be a terrible idea.

5k is not worth the detrimental effect to the players in attendance. International seems a bit of a jump, build an Irish staple first.

Not everything has to be in Dublin, can get the gobus from the airport straight to Galway if that's an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

There are regularly events held in Dublin and Galway currently.

We wanted to try run an international event this time with overseas players and asking them to get on a coach for three hours or so straight after a flight would not be good.

That being said, if a large event like this was ever held in Galway we'd support it as much as we could.

One of the people running the SFIV tournament on Saturday was from Galway and he certainly wasn't complaining that it was in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Tekken was

1st - Fergus
    2nd - Kuro
    3rd - Bob/Trecs

4th was Mazman and 5th was Usurpur as far as I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 trole

Smash was eh

1: Khanye East
    2: Henriflame (me)
    3: ArmouredWolf
    4: Mikenyan

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MazManZero

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Tekken was

1st - Fergus
    2nd - Kuro
    3rd - Bob/Trecs

4th was Usurpur and 5th was Mazman as far as I can remember.

I was 4th. D:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Fixed!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 trole

I just thought, would eventbrite be an option for you to use to get signups?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

trole wrote: »
    I just thought, would eventbrite be an option for you to use to get signups?

It could. They charge percentages so we could just account for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

I just want to say thanks to ayjay and everyone on the team who made the whole thing happen- running tournaments, streaming, MC-ing, recording brackets and everything else. I know it was stressful and a lot of work, but you all did a great job. I'm sorry to see some people expressing their opinions in a less than constructive manner- there's always room for improvement, no matter what you do, but I hope you guys don't let some poorly-worded feedback give you the wrong impression of how the day went. It was the first big tournament I've been to, and I had a great time. Congratulations on running a successful event, and I'm looking forward to the next one!

http://rachelpirl.imgur.com/all/

Some photos from the open. Kindly donated by Rachel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

Just wondering what the stream viewership peak at ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Just wondering what the stream viewership peak at ?

The highest I saw it at was 628. It may have gone higher as I had to go off to play at that point.

There was 5,000 views for the stream. Both of these are the highest figures I've ever had (I'm really more of a youtuber than a streamer).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

The highest I saw on the mobile client was 698, so it may have tipped 700 at one point.
    This was during Sh4rin's match.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

PPC wrote: »
    The highest I saw on the mobile client was 698, so it may have tipped 700 at one point.
    This was during Sh4rin's match.

Ya sh4rin works for Riot Games and is pretty well known in the EU League of Legends community. He has about 30k followers on twitter and helped us a lot with promoting the stream on the day

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    Ya sh4rin works for Riot Games and is pretty well known in the EU League of Legends community. He has about 30k followers on twitter and helped us a lot with promoting the stream on the day

The guy is a legend in my book. Knows whats its about

http://www.the-arcade.ie/2014/11/randomselect-ie-ifgc-first-international-open/

In case any of you are not on the facebook :pac:

The Arcade were present on Sat and did up a piece on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I've resurrected the Twitter account.
    Last post was in September.

If anyone has content they'd like promoted let me know along with your @handle if applicable.

A-Trak wrote: »
    I've resurrected the Twitter account.
    Last post was in September.

If anyone has content they'd like promoted let me know along with your @handle if applicable.

USF4 tournament Saturday in alexander hotel and Sunday at Dominicon.

@brianvondoom

Was watching the archive earlier and Tigernorm vs Sebbie C is the most entertaining match we've ever recorded.

Was watching the archive earlier and Tigernorm vs Sebbie C is the most entertaining match we've ever recorded.

Timestamp?

• Advertisement

About 2h45m

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tigernorm

About 2h45m

Hi man can I watch archive on xbl twitch ondroid I seem to be having trouble finding it

tigernorm wrote: »
    Hi man can I watch archive on xbl twitch ondroid I seem to be having trouble finding it

Dunno about the app but the url is www.twitch.tv/brianvondoom

tigernorm wrote: »

The app on Android has no access to archives. It's the one bad thing about it.

Think the xbox app is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tigernorm

The app on Android has no access to archives. It's the one bad thing about it.

Think the xbox app is the same.

Cheers man its been doing my head in my vaoi laptop wont charge ( piece of crap cost 1300 5 years ago) so don't have pc access

GUYS it's up. Keep calm now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Who has the list of results for USF4?

Nutrient wrote: »
    Who has the list of results for USF4?

Rachel has them on her laptop, I'll very them up layer

Irish-Open-SF-Bracket.png

• Advertisement