Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bumbulance equipment stolen at Ploughing Championships *DONATION DETAILS IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Last Christmas my husband and I both decided not to buy each other gifts and instead donated the equivalent monies to the bumbleance. I feel personally aggrieved over this. Just donated my €4 so feeling a little better!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

If you want to help to replace the stolen Bumbleance equipment text BUZZ to 50300

Let's get this info stickied. We'll have them back on track in no time!

**** the thieves. Help the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I posted this yesterday evening.http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92339252&postcount=31
    Little did I think we'd need to be doing this today.
    Just made a donation now.

As Dr B said **** the thieves and help the children.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

Just donated now - hopefully everyone who reads this does the same.

The Bumbulance really strikes a chord with me. My heart goes out to Tony and his wife for all they have had to go through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

I'll donate a third time if the font colour in the announcement can be a less eyeball melting colour.

• Advertisement

KeithM89 wrote: »
    I'll donate a third time if the font colour in the announcement can be a less eyeball melting colour.

How about you just donate out of the goodness of your heart. Seriously like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

How about you just donate out of the goodness of your heart. Seriously like.

I did :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Done.

Hopefully a few hundreds boardsies donating 4 quid each can get their stuff replaced quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

F*ck me that is the lowest of the low.

I sat opposite the bumbulance today while eating my lunch...the amount of families looking at it was unreal. Some may need it, some might have used it.

I'm in on this donation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

Donated and shared on Facebook.
    Genuinely upset that this has happened, but hopefully they can replace the equipment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

alie wrote: »
    Its awful. My daughter attends crumlin regularly and we ofter hear hospital complaining of play equipment being stolen from St Johns. (Cancer unit). People who do stuff like that have no empathy for anyone.

Same happens in Children's Heart Centre up there.

In fact, a tip I was given by one of the play therapists is that if you wish to donate anything to Crumlin hospital is to contact the play therapists directly and ask what they need and donate the toys rather than the funds as if you donate funds it's taxable but if you donate the actual toys, everything goes directly to the hospital then.

Absolute scumbags robbing an ambulance that is designed for children. I'm sickened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Keep it up, everyone, this is such a fantastic cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Had actually never heard of this before but just donated €4 after reading the thread. Hopefully they get the price of the stuff stolen and a bit more to help them out with what seems like a great cause

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Had actually never heard of this before but just donated €4 after reading the thread. Hopefully they get the price of the stuff stolen and a bit more to help them out with what seems like a great cause

Bring back naked Mod this year :D
    Kersplat up first.

Ah Jaysus! No one wants to see that!!!

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus! No one wants to see that!!!

€4 more from me says they do :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I also want to see a naked Kersplat!

Lets focus on Bumbulance for now folks and when SSF comes around we'll sort something out :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

I never knew what the Bumbulance was until last week and a couple I know and their terminally ill child had to use it.

What a fantastic service the Bumbulance is.

What a scummy thing to do. To rob from an ambulance and a children's ambulance at that. I hope the gates of hell open up on the person/people who robbed from the ambulance. Probably hoping to make some money for themselves by selling on equipment. God only knows.

I just texted BUZZ to 50300 and donated 4 euro. It's not much but I hope to text again during the weekend and here's hoping more people help and donate. Wishing all the very best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

For anyone outside the country who wants to donate (or anyone that doesn't want to text), you can do it on their website :)
    http://www.bumbleance.com/product/make-a-donation/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

A few bob sent there. SSF should invest in a pair of pliers and a blowtorch this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

_Brian wrote: »
    Yea.. My wife had a clinic and there was a family of the mobile type in, she watched them like a hawk but they made it off with the bin from her office !! I reckon they took the bin as they had no idea what it was.. not like they knew what it was..

Awful carry on about the bumbulance, saw it at the ploughing and showed my daughter inside it, she thought it much nicer than the one she was in.. Have to say though, it was completely unattended when we called to the stand, but to think some knacker would steal from it is unbelievable.

Hate to say this, but it's a bit crap that it was left unattended at least twice that day I.e. When you were looking at it, and when the theft occurred. No one expects a child's ambulance to be robbed, but at the same time - if I had been the person responsible for it at that time - it shouldn't have happened. The person should have arranged some one else to be on call that day, if being on call meant abandoning that big asset which so many have donated money towards. Some people are ****s, its common knowledge.

I donated before, but tbh I'm not particularly inclined to do so again. I'd question anyone who would leave valuable electronic goods lying around unsupervised.

Of course its only the thieves who are responsible. But at the same time, if you're going to donate to a charity, you'd hope that they could be entrusted with the safekeeping of such valuable equipment ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Hate to say this, but it's a bit crap that it was left unattended at least twice that day I.e. When you were looking at it, and when the theft occurred. No one expects a child's ambulance to be robbed, but at the same time - if I had been the person responsible for it at that time - it shouldn't have happened. The person should have arranged some one else to be on call that day, if being on call meant abandoning that big asset which so many have donated money towards. Some people are ****s, its common knowledge.

I donated before, but tbh I'm not particularly inclined to do so again. I'd question anyone who would leave valuable electronic goods lying around unsupervised.

Of course its only the thieves who are responsible. But at the same time, if you're going to donate to a charity, you'd hope that they could be entrusted with the safekeeping of such valuable equipment ...

From the news reports it was medical equipment that was stolen, not the toys and gizmos. And the guy who was there turned away to take a call from someone who NEEDED the thing. Don't donate if you don't want to. Just don't get high horsey about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

From the news reports it was medical equipment that was stolen, not the toys and gizmos. And the guy who was there turned away to take a call from someone who NEEDED the thing. Don't donate if you don't want to. Just don't get high horsey about it.

The implication so far on the thread was that it was the electronic equipment that was stolen. Maybe that's incorrect.

considering all the people who support the cause, it's just amazing there was no one else available on the day to take calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Donated.

MarkR wrote: »
    Special place in hell reserved for people like this.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/childrens-ambulance-has-equipment-stolen-at-ploughing-championships-643159.html

TO HELP RAISE FUNDS TO REPLACE THE STOLEN EQUIPMENT TEXT "BUZZ' TO 50300. TEXT COSTS €4 AND ALL MONEY GOES TO THE CHARITY.

You can also donate on their website
    http://www.bumbleance.com/product/make-a-donation/

Done.

"Medical equipment including oxygen masks, bandages, and sterile equipment were taken from two cupboards in the children’s ambulance.
    The BUMBLEance transports extremely ill children and their parents from their homes to hospitals around the country.
    Tony Heffernan, founder and CEO of the Saoirse Foundation, which operates the interactive ambulance, was helping a mother and her sick child to access the service when the goods were stolen."

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Scum of the earth, but can't say I'm surprised or shocked. There's always people like that out there. People who don't give a **** about anyone else.

Donated just there.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

He correctly prioritised the call from a distressed parent. Stuff is just stuff and can be replaced.

Of course, you've never left your posessions unattended even momentarily in an unsafe area to be stolen, have you?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Done and retwitted their incident.

Advertisement