Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supervalu price displays

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 liptonvillage

I said I'd check boards.ie to see if there was any comments about over-charging see if there is a pattern nationwide of Supervalue over-charging at the check out. The main problem seems to be prices displayed on offers. When you go up to the till, you charged a price different then what the offer price is. The funny thing is that the price is never in your favour. I was curious because anyone that I talked to who shops in Supervalue at Fr.Griffin rd Galway all complain about the over charging. It also came to my attention today from someone in Barna in Galway who stopped shopping at supervalue there because they became aware of over charging at that outlet. She started paying more attention after a friend in Cork complained to her that Supervalue outlets in cork are getting a name for themselves around this issue. From the posts in the other threads it seems to be a widespread problem. I find it very annoying when i go to the counter and i have to pull up the girl on the price and cause a delay with other people in the line or someone else is pulling them up on prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

I've found this exact issue with a Cork supervalu. Again usually discounted items and happens every second time I shop there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

The damming fact is that with regards to pricing "mistakes" the house always wins! has anyone ever benefited from wrongly priced items? how to explain that?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

MYOB wrote: »
    Supervalu is a franchise so without knowing what branch this was in, its impossible to attribute it to any retailer - the vast bulk are owned by individuals who might have a few stores if even more than one.

Supervalu in Dublin are almost all run directly by Musgraves- the flagship store being the previous Superquinn headquarters in Lucan. They're not all franchises. The Superquinn acquisition was used as an opportunity for Musgraves to acquire a Dublin based distribution network (Blanchardstown)- which they closed the outsourced unit thereof- and moved everything over to Fonthill (hence the council investigation into the levels of commercial traffic on the old Clondalkin road etc).

Nationwide- Supervalu are by and large franchises- but not in Dublin (though some in Dublin are)........

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

gallag wrote: »
    The damming fact is that with regards to pricing "mistakes" the house always wins! has anyone ever benefited from wrongly priced items? how to explain that?

Tesco's double the difference back- means if you notice the misprice- and pay it- you can sometimes win handsomely. I was paid to take away 2 crates of antifreeze that were last winter's discounted stock recently- when the discount didn't come off- and the double the difference was more than the actual price I paid for the units.........

Dunnes are even pretty ok with their misprices lately- they tend to be few and far between- and when they do happen, they are very apologetic and there is none of this contacting head office crap you used get in the past.

Aldi/Lidl- don't tend to make mistakes- but when they do- the customer is always right.

Supervalu seem to be a<SNIP>s though- they really don't give a b<SNIP>x anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

My local SuperValu tends to display the offer signs about a week in advance of the actual offer period.

<SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Dynomutt

They're not even trying to hide it anymore. :D

r0e9tf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Dynomutt wrote: »
    They're not even trying to hide it anymore. :D

r0e9tf.jpg

Flash priced items usually have a different barcode.

Considering there are 15,000+ items in average sv store a small display error can occur.

Also this thread is 3 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Closing this thread as it is a few years old, and I don't feel anything new is being added to the discussion. Feel free to let the mods know if you want it reopened.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement