Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SuperValu having a laugh!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Janerose

Lots of replies anyways, even if some not very friendly!.... Doing my shopping this morning in SV again & I tried to buy Kelkin Muesli.... None there.... asked the lady in the shop and she said that they weren’t stocking it anymore but that I could buy Alpen. So Kelkin made in Ireland, Alpen made in Britain. Is this a new policy by SuperValu?...

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Janerose wrote: »
    Lots of replies anyways, even if some not very friendly!.... Doing my shopping this morning in SV again & I tried to buy Kelkin Muesli.... None there.... asked the lady in the shop and she said that they weren’t stocking it anymore but that I could buy Alpen. So Kelkin made in Ireland, Alpen made in Britain. Is this a new policy by SuperValu?...

Why don't you get onto their head office?

I've just gone onto their online store, and they have both avonmore soup, and kelkin muesli available. Sounds like it's just your local store, so not a supervalu policy.

edit: I also notice they have items which are Irish, clearly marked as such which is handy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

It could be a simple fact that it wasn't selling well enough in your local SuperValu to warrant it being stocked full time or else they've had problems getting it to where you are. I know the former happened in relation to something I really like that a different supermarket used to stock. When I enquired from management (not just a shop floor person who may not know the ins & outs), I was told that demand was too low to justify keeping it in the shop. If they thought there was sufficient demand, they would return to stocking the product.
    While a shop may try to support buying Irish, they are a business and have to operate as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Lots of replies anyways, even if some not very friendly!
    have you seen this alleged advert again? nobody else seems to have seen it and it was core to your complaint/issue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Lots of reply, but yet the advert you've described simply does not exist, perhaos its in your imagination?

Its very possible that the Kelkin Muesli wasn't a big seller, or there may be supply issues.

Do you expect shops to still stock items if they don't sell well?

Rather then ranting here why not contact Supervalue with your query? Head office might be a good place to start.,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Is this a new policy by SuperValu?...

No, no its not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

BTW on the soup thing, they're own brand (probably Irish??) is the best one they sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Even if such an ad exists, that doesn't automatically mean that all staff have been instructed to try push the Irish products they do have in store onto customers.

Maybe (s)he has advised those products because (s)he thinks their good from having tried them personally, or has seen them sell a lot and assumes they're the best of what is available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Cully and Sully is an Irish brand.

They're based in Cork and are a pretty successful small Irish food company. They were recently acquired by a U.S. Company.

http://www.cullyandsully.com

http://www.irishexaminer.com/business/cully-sully-reserves-boosted-by-2m-after-sale-to-us-foods-group-254413.html

That's just the nature of business. I'm not sure how Supervalu staff are supposed to keep track of Irish companys ownership.

Sure eircom was technically a Singapore semi-state until a few years ago!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Just out of interest, did they have Avonmore soup back in stock?

Advertisement