Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kickboxing in Dublin for women

Options
  • 22-09-2014 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi There,

I was just looking to take up a hobby in Dublin and I'd really like to take up kick boxing or some form of martial arts. I am a 22 yr old female and would like to ease myself into this in a friendly environment. I work in the city centre so Ideally I'd be looking to join a club in Dublin1 - Dublin2 area. if anyone knows of any decent place I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

Wild Geese on Lombard street is one option. I think they do Tuesday and Thursday nights.

You might also want to look at SBG on Exchequer street. I think they have some kickboxing, but they charge a flat monthly rate, so if you are not interested in the other classes, it might not be the best deal for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Balance mma in drumcondra is very friendly and has women's classes

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭SVJKarate

ejb92 wrote: »
    I was just looking to take up a hobby in Dublin and I'd really like to take up kick boxing or some form of martial arts.

SVJ Karate Club in Fairview has classes on Monday and Thursday nights. It's traditional karate taught in an informal manner, but classes are all for both men & women. If you wanted a women-only class it would not suit, but if you're up for some safe fun and exercise we can do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KyuzoMMA

Hi There!

Great that your thinking about taking up Martial Arts. You won't regret it! All the clubs already mentioned are great.

We are based in Glasnevin and are a friendly , beginners focused gym. We've also recently started to offer female only classes!

Check us out on Facebook or on our web page. Kyuzogym.

Best of luck with your search.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ejb92

Thanks for all the suggestions I will check them out for sure and decide on which suits me best.
    Anymore suggestions keep them coming
    Cheers guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

ejb92 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the suggestions I will check them out for sure and decide on which suits me best.
    Anymore suggestions keep them coming
    Cheers guys

Shamless plug www.redstar.ie

www.facebook.com/redstartkd we have a women only class to if you are interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 vivikadar

Hi there! I know it's a few years later but any update? I'm wondering as I am a female looking for a hobby and was thinking of martial arts or kick boxing. I live in the Dublin 15 area, if anyone knows of any I'd appreciate it !! I did look up all the recommendations from this page, but I'm just wondering if there's more or new ones. Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭coleslaw

Hi Vivikadar. Dublin Combat Academy in Phibsboro might fit your description. They have recently added a woman only class, but honesty any of the classes would suit. Its a very friendly environment, my daughter who is 11 has been there 4 years. The lads and the girls would look after you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 vivikadar

Hi coleslaw! sounds amazing, I looked them up and they look very good, will pop into them tomorrow and hopefully start some classes. Thank you !

Advertisement