Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madam Secretary [CBS] [** Spoilers **]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Dovies wrote: »
    Just watched episode 10. According to cider space the next episode is shown Jan 11th. Is that right?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭squonk

Looks like Bess got out of that bother handy enough. I was surprised that Ostrova was outright killed however. I really thought her character had a bit more to give really. It's a little disappointing that it has afforded the writers the ability to cleanly wrap up the arc now with the new Russion President being a seemingly reasonable guy.

I'm betting Russel's heart woes come back to haunt him. Could be the next arc, or else they'll save that for the finalé.

I don't buy that Dimitry is dead. Seems like a great setup to have him reappear only as a double agent who eventually returns to the right-thinking American side after a pep talk from Elizabeth's hubby.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Still watching this. René Auberjonois just popped up as a snarky veteran non-proliferation analyst - now there's an actor who doesn't slow down at all, even in his mid-70s ... :p

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭squonk

bnt wrote: »
    Still watching this. René Auberjonois just popped up as a snarky veteran non-proliferation analyst - now there's an actor who doesn't slow down at all, even in his mid-70s ... :p

Yup! I was delighted to see him! It's exactly the kind of show he'd shine in as well. I hope we'll see more of him in future!

In other news, it looks like they're scaring us with the prospect of Radioactive Man aka Mr. Secretary!

squonk wrote: »
    Yup! I was delighted to see him! It's exactly the kind of show he'd shine in as well. I hope we'll see more of him in future!
    Yep - René appeared again in the final episode of the series, which I just watched. Pretty tense stuff overall, with a nice little cliffhanger to boot. One thing that's much improved is that there's much less of the "Americans doing it all" attitude that annoyed me: the events of the last couple of episodes required a hefty dose of international co-operation and diplomacy. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Advertisement

Correction - Ep. 22 wasn't the final episode of the series after all, there was one more episode with a different sort of cliffhanger at the end. Let's just say that they aren't really following the Madeleine Albright book any more, if they ever were.

And it's back - S3 E1 "Sea Change" went out last week. I haven't watched it yet - that's tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

And it's back - S3 E1 "Sea Change" went out last week. I haven't watched it yet - that's tomorrow.

Excellent, when's it on TV?

Icsics wrote: »
    Excellent, when's it on TV?
    CBS, Sundays 9/8c. If you mean when it's on UK/IE TV, well, Sky Living is repeating the first season ...

This is different:

https://twitter.com/TeaLeoni/status/763026787974733824

and a trailer:

https://twitter.com/MadamSecretary/status/781609283326611457

This is even more different:

• Advertisement

Season 4 started, and nobody noticed? Damn. I'm going to watch the first episode tonight.

Season 4 starts on Sky Living next Thursday. I'm enjoying this season quite a lot. It's a bit bonkers in some aspects, and probably not all that representative of the US State Department in 2017, but it's enjoyable overall. ;)

Meanwhile, if you want catch up on Season 3, Sky Two is showing that starting next Friday.

I seem to be the only person here still watching this? Season 4 ended with a fairly terrifying episode, which I won't spoil, other than to say that it could have been the end of the whole show. It has been renewed for Season 5, but it if hadn't, it could have ended on a respectfully high note.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I seem to be the only person here still watching this? Season 4 ended with a fairly terrifying episode, which I won't spoil, other than to say that it could have been the end of the whole show. It has been renewed for Season 5, but it if hadn't, it could have ended on a respectfully high note.
    Nope I watched it too. I think it needs to move along now - they have run out of countries to save from themselves!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Nope I watched it too. I think it needs to move along now - they have run out of countries to save from themselves!

I've watched it and from the ending on a previous episode - (think I've seen the last episode in the series) I can see where they will take it and then it may require a title change, or they will end up leaving it at that

One more series, at least: started in the USA in October, starts on Sky Two next week. My DVR's TV Guide is confused, says they're reshowing the 1st season on Sky Witness, but all the advertising for the new season has been on Sky Witness. Stunt Casting
    Madeleine Albright has been on before, and in the first episode she's back and brings Hillary Clinton along for the ride too.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,156 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Advertisement