Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranormal Investigation Poll

Options
  • 21-09-2014 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭

To all the paranormal enthusiasts past and present.

Here is a poll to see how many paranormal investigations people have been on. It is for fun (and anonymous)!

How Many Paranormal Investigations Have You Done Ever? 25 votes

Never
    0% 0 votes
    1-5
    92% 23 votes
    6-10
    8% 2 votes
    11-19
    0% 0 votes
    20 or more
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Not2Good

I could be wrong but I anticipate that most will be 'armchair' enthusiasts like myself. I am also an armchair astronomy buff reading my monthly 'The Sky at Night' by the warmth of the fire!

I have promised myself that I would participate in more investigations and encourage others in the same boat to do the same. We just have to wait for the poll to close to see how wrong or right I am about who's posting etc....

I am glad to be starting off once again this Saturday at Wicklow Gaol...

By the way I stopped my monthly fix of The Fortean Times!

So far my hunch appears to be correct..... all may change!

Thank you to everyone who has voted so far.

• Advertisement

My first 'open' investigation was at Charleville Castle, and my second one and third one … The first one in particular was so much fun but I was willing to watch the 'experts' to see how 'it' was done!

I think there may be some first timers coming to Wicklow Gaol this Saturday so hopefully they will vote later and tell us all how their first open investigation went ...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Not2Good wrote: »
    monthly fix of The Fortean Times!

What's that?

What's that?

A monthly magazine dealing with news of strange happenings, the unusual and paranormal articles, some think its tripe but occasionally it has some good paranormal stuff ...

A monthly magazine dealing with news of strange happenings, the unusual and paranormal articles, some think its tripe but occasionally it has some good paranormal stuff ...

Forgot to mention it is easy enough to get in shops e.g. Easons (the larger ones!)

How many people who have never been on a paranormal investigation intend to try it at least once over the year or two? What would stop you trying it?

• Advertisement

I am glad to be starting off once again this Saturday at Wicklow Gaol...

Ah well, Wicklow Gaol got cancelled. I'll wait and see what else comes up.

Some where scary?! I'll Visit my in-laws house!

Some where scary?! I'll Visit my in-laws house!

Well back from investigating in-laws house which was truly the scariest one yet. Debunked some of the myths. 1)EVPs recorded and analysed were my father and mother in-law complaining about me in the other room. Debunked my wifes ' They really like... you...' 2) Green Pea vomitting was my reaction to her soup, nothing paranormal there, 3) They found skeletons in the closet, ( they found out I was engaged before) 4). The ' trigger object' ( a bun) disappeared mysteriously, my video picked up a luminous glow which turned out to be my sister in-laws' parker jacket, debunked... a sucessful trip.. . but wont be invited back for a follow- up investigation...

What would put you off going on an open paranormal investigation if you haven't been already?

Good on you for voting, it is anonymous so let us know how many investigations if any you have been on! Thanks

And if you went on one before, please let us know how you found it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Well back from investigating in-laws house which was truly the scariest one yet. Debunked some of the myths. 1)EVPs recorded and analysed were my father and mother in-law complaining about me in the other room. Debunked my wifes ' They really like... you...' 2) Green Pea vomitting was my reaction to her soup, nothing paranormal there, 3) They found skeletons in the closet, ( they found out I was engaged before) 4). The ' trigger object' ( a bun) disappeared mysteriously, my video picked up a luminous glow which turned out to be my sister in-laws' parker jacket, debunked... a sucessful trip.. . but wont be invited back for a follow- up investigation...

This gave me a good laugh thank you :D

This gave me a good laugh thank you :D

Cheers, if I got one laugh, it was worth it. Scary thing is that its all true.... well.... I fibbed about the pea soup (it was tomato)... lied about the bun too... (it was a whole cake) and the previously engaged bit... that was a total porky.... so essentially I regressed paranormal investigation credibility by about a hundred years by that post....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

So is there anyplace that ye have gone that ye defo say is haunted. in a team now and going around to places but haven't come across any yet that had any spooks

Great to see the experienced investigators making themselves known on the poll!

• Advertisement

Milly33 wrote: »
    So is there anyplace that ye have gone that ye defo say is haunted. in a team now and going around to places but haven't come across any yet that had any spooks

Getting a defo haunted public access place could be hard to find? Anyone out there brave enough to suggest the 'best' place to investigate!

mmm How come no one is ans here where ye all gone...

well so far out of the places we went to we haven't really felt anything,went to Innisfallen island, ducketts grove (got a weird recording alright), tempeal Michael and mmmmmm Il think of the others

Although Charleville Castle is oft said to be hyped up with little to show, my experiences were immediately AFTER the visits i.e Did I bring it home with me ??(see previous post and Johnny Be Goode posts!) Others including my self got stark EVPs recorded which seemed to self erase (if that is the right way of describing what happened) when we went looking for them again to catalog etc, Some others swear that its a waste of time going there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I know of a few places where there seems to be activity happening, but to be honest, I think if you are in this ghost hunting game and you have an interest in it, you shouldnt expect others to just tell you where the ghosts are. Part of the craic is figuring that out for oneself. besides - its better fun finding places no-one else knows about.

it would be a different story in regards research mind you. then again, those conversations dont happen on forums.

maccored wrote: »
    besides - its better fun finding places no-one else knows about.

Yes I hear people gravitate towards the same places, now to get 'results' in an unknown location, that is what its really about I guess.

It would appear that the 'established ' researchers obscure the paths for others to follow! So it is time maybe for the next generation of investigators to make their own tracks.... may be the next generation of investigators will pool resources and knowledge etc.... I know I am only an inexperienced enthusiast,so what would I know!! Good luck with your investigations, let us know how you get on. Thanks...
    Milly33 wrote: »
    mmm How come no one is ans here where ye all gone...
    well so far out of the places we went to we haven't really felt anything,went to Innisfallen island, ducketts grove (got a weird recording alright), tempeal Michael and mmmmmm Il think of the others

experience is best gained by doing it - thats all Im saying. Theres nowhere guaranteed to be haunted.

Carlow Shopping Centre though is worth checking out. I have no idea if they let people in to investigate all the same. I've been in there quite a bit and I know they've let one or two other local groups in but their contact info is at http://carlowshoppingcentre.ie/contact.php should anyone wish to chance their arm.

Note though, that the info above is already available online and none of it is secret. Anyone with a serious interest in the subject should have come across the place by now, googled up the management contact number and set something up.

• Advertisement

Oh I know I was just asking!!

Advertisement