Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

physio for knee problem?

Options
  • 19-09-2014 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is in the wrong section but I was reading a few posts in this section during the week and there was someone who is a physio coming highly recommended, could anyone point me in his/her direction or someone else who might help?
    My 18 yr old son has damaged his knee ligament(s) playing football last night and I'd like to get him looked at to see exactly what the damage is.he went to the hospital this morning and was given a phone number for physio in the hospital but god knows how long he'll be waiting on that..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Hi Op, you are probably right to get it seen to sooner rather than later. Perhaps if you gave an indication of where you are located, some one will have a recommendation.

If you are in south Dublin I can PM you the details of my go to physio when ever I hurt anything, fortunately I don't have to visit her very often these days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭lajoie

Hi OP,

If your son is in college, there may be an on-campus physio. I know UCD have a service and the cost is significantly less than external practitioners. I'd imagine others do too. I don't recall there being a long waiting time either. If you're interested in specific names/costs, feel free to PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

ooter wrote: »
    Apologies if this is in the wrong section but I was reading a few posts in this section during the week and there was someone who is a physio coming highly recommended, could anyone point me in his/her direction or someone else who might help?
    My 18 yr old son has damaged his knee ligament(s) playing football last night and I'd like to get him looked at to see exactly what the damage is.he went to the hospital this morning and was given a phone number for physio in the hospital but god knows how long he'll be waiting on that..

You might be thinking about the discussion that was in the Rave Thread ???
    menoscemo wrote: »
    Our very own Ecoli deserves a rave:

About 2 years ago I had a chronic pain in my hip. 3 different physios (some of them bluffers who had me back every week at €50 a pop, others who said they just couldn't help), MRI scans and thousands of € spent and it got no better. E.coli (then a student sports therapist) pm'ed me and offered me free treatment and 2 rubs later the pain was gone.

Early this week I had a foot so sore I could barely walk, was worried about a possible fracture. I took 2 days off running and when it wasn't getting any better got an appointment booked. 36 hours after that visit and I just did a 4 mile run with no pain whatsoever.

The lad is a genius and for anyone in the dublin area I highly recommend you go to him if you have any niggles/tightness/injuries or need a sports massage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭ooter

That's the one kit3,thanks for the replies lads.
    He has just started college so the timing of this is perfect, I must check to see if there's any physio on campus.

Advertisement