Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Spoilers** Series 8, Episode 5 - "Time Heist"

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Some nice touches, but I also found some of it quite boring. I did like the magician, eyebrows and calories quips. Capaldi's delivery just nails those kind of lines.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Whoah, who put together the audio mix in that episode, because it was pretty terrible; half the time mismatching the emotion on-screen, the other half just out of sync with the action & too loud. Feels like every week there's some element of sloppiness in the production these days and it's a little depressing to think the shows standards have slid so much. Considering how much of a money spinner Dr. Who is for the BBC, I wish they'd throw it some more cash.

As for the episode itself, I enjoyed it for what it was - light, breezy and disposable, not unlike the Robin Hood story that bookended the standout episode of this series so far in 'Listen'. This week's wasn't an essential story and definitely had pacing issues, but I liked it for the most part. Nothing special, but hey - at least it wasn't on the 'Fear Her' levels of bad.

I'll be honest though, I can't help shake the continuing feeling that the lack of a serialised plot is a growing weakness. Of course, the standalone, flexible format is historically the show's strength and mainstay, but maybe it's time the production team went down the series 7 (of the classic show) route and ground a series somewhere, keep things broadly in one place or time, applying a driving plot and some continuing stakes. UNIT has been well established by now in the new series, and with a Lethbridge-Stewart in charge once more, it'd make for a nice symmetry if a somewhat spiky Doctor had to work with that group again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,857 ✭✭✭✭flazio

flazio wrote: »
    It's on at 1:50 am Thursday night going into Friday morning, however it's the sign zone edition so there will be a sign language interpreter on screen.

Correction, it's on tonight at 1:50am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

flazio wrote: »
    Correction, it's on tonight at 1:50am.

Thanks for the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,781 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I think the "Shuttety up!!" was the closest we are going to get to "fcukety bye" with the Doctor :pac:

I really enjoyed the episode. We got to see more of the Doctor and his fight to be good (as discussed in the Dalek episode and any other). I do like that he's showing his vulnerability more, like trying to get Clara to go out with him instead of the date with Pink.

• Advertisement
Advertisement