Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on calories

Options
  • 18-09-2014 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

I was gaining around a half to a pound a week eating 3000 kcals and was up 10 in around 12 weeks. I presume 2500 would be maintanace. So I was eating 2000 and lost 2 pounds each week since. I assumed first week was some water weight. Any ideas as to why its dropped so much. Im gona up it to 2500 to see how this week goes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,561 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

How many weeks at 2,000/day were you that you lost 2 lbs/week?

There could be several different factors. One could be that you dropped the kcals a bit too low. See how it goes when you adjust to 2500.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭mcbobbyb

Its been 2 weeks now and 4 pounds in total which was alot quicker than expected. Find it alot harder to put on than off! The way that went 2500 should be to lose a pound

• Registered Users Posts: 24,561 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

It's not always linear, i.e. 3000 kcals adding 0.5-1.0 lbs/week won't necessarily mean that 2500 is maintenance and that 2000 would cut 0.5-1.0 lbs/week.

Tweak the kcals and see how it goes.

Advertisement