Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20% Off in Smyths Toys from Friday to Monday

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭barneyrub

Is the baby stuff on offer, bottles, mattresses etc?

Ya. Everything except software

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭paddyirish23

Does anyone know if this is included in the 20% off? i've tried ringing them but no answer..

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/baby/in-the-nursery/c-601/nursing-chairs/p-5702/babylo-oxford-glider-chair/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Does anyone know if this is included in the 20% off? i've tried ringing them but no answer..

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/baby/in-the-nursery/c-601/nursing-chairs/p-5702/babylo-oxford-glider-chair/

Is it from their software zone?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭paddyirish23

Is it from their software zone?

Just back got that feeding chair, 175 to 139 not a bad deal at all! ya everything but the computer/software so all baby stuff included, was like Christmas week out there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

jontr wrote: »
    is Lego included?

Yes, lego is 20% off :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

A little OT, but PLEASE dont buy your kids bikes in Halfords or Smyths. I have two kids and made the mistake of buying a bike in Halfords for my 5 year old. Its a bloody tank, it weighed nearly 13kg (and he only weighed 17!)

If you can afford it (as they are in the €200-300 range), buy a frog bike, islabike or early rider. The resale value on these bikes are fantastic (you'll get at least half it back) and they are proper light bikes made of proper bike parts! 6kg vs 13kg!!

smiths bikes are chinese crap

halfords have some ok bikes with shimano parts that can be maintained properly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭cena

The amount of people in the Athlone store last night doing the Christmas shopping trolley loads.

Anyone fancy buying me the empire state building jigsaw. Only 20 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ken Blacks in Carlow was packed today,Christmas shopping being done early.

The missus will have to make a trip minus kids tomorrow.The new catalogue is out too & of course the young lad picked out the dearest Lego set in it, €350 for the Death Star:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

FYI 20% off also includes toys that are 2 for €20 :-)

e.g. I bought 2 items today that were priced at €14.99 each. They were also in the 2 for €20 toy range, so I saved €9.98. Then with extra 20% off, I saved another €4.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Why are these things always the week before payday??

Gonna go have a look this morning (they open at 11 locally) and see if I can get a few bits for the little fella for Christmas but this "end of the world" stuff is putting me off.. I hate shopping as it is, without having to circle for a spot for half an hour etc :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭MadamX

Great competition out there. Came across this place near Ikea http://www.toyboxshops.ie also have 20% off this weekend. Get them in early folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Update.. got what I needed anyway but there was already about a dozen people queuing when the doors opened.

Looked like plenty of stock though but I'd imagine today will be very busy as people will be back to work tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I presume the thomas the tank engine stuff is reduced?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I presume the thomas the tank engine stuff is reduced?

Everything bar software/video games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

zerks wrote: »
    Ken Blacks in Carlow was packed today,Christmas shopping being done early.

The missus will have to make a trip minus kids tomorrow.The new catalogue is out too & of course the young lad picked out the dearest Lego set in it, €350 for the Death Star:eek:

got one of those, BIGGEST lego box ever! was in smyths again yesterday and lego section looked like it was through a tornado

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Was in Smyths on Saturday morning, the crowds in the place, the car park was full and people going around with trolley loads. Great that some can be so organised for Christmas and worthwhile with the bargains. As my son's birthday is in Sept, Christmas is not really on the radar with us ATM. We were looking for a bike for himself but there was a poor selection and he seems to be between sizes, 24" too small but 26" too big. He was looking at the trolley loads going around, I hope he thinks loads of other people have birthdays to buy for....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I popped in to Cork Kinsale yesterday morning, thinking the weekend crowds would have died down. Not a bit of it, it was like the last days of Rome in there, except with trolleys and fisher price toys. I had my eye on a few Lego things for Christmas, but for some reason, the Lego section while full had only the cheap sets (anything above say 50 quid being mysteriously absent).

I'm going to go back in there this weekend and if the sets I had my eye on are back on the shelf, I'm going to demand my 20% off (plus 10% for emotional whiplash) - will that work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I saw nothing like this in Blanch Smyths. Usual crowd for Sunday when I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

corblimey wrote: »
    I popped in to Cork Kinsale yesterday morning, thinking the weekend crowds would have died down. Not a bit of it, it was like the last days of Rome in there, except with trolleys and fisher price toys. I had my eye on a few Lego things for Christmas, but for some reason, the Lego section while full had only the cheap sets (anything above say 50 quid being mysteriously absent).

I'm going to go back in there this weekend and if the sets I had my eye on are back on the shelf, I'm going to demand my 20% off (plus 10% for emotional whiplash) - will that work?

You may have something here, I was in Tallagth and had to ask for some of the bigger sets. Anything that was 200+ was kept away from the lego section. Same with Smyth in Carrickmines. Mind you the sets were still on display just not where you would expect them.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i found Kinsale Road in Cork on Sunday Afternoon to be very tame, good crowd but staff very helpful getting things up high, loads of stock etc. Nice few bobs saved on stuff we had planned to get anyways..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Smiths font hill road had a tail back coming out of it on Sunday afternoon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Evening Herald has a coupon for €6 off €25 spend. Paper costs €1.20

• Registered Users Posts: 28 KBRADY

snubbleste wrote: »
    Evening Herald has a coupon for €6 off €25 spend. Paper costs €1.20

Would that incl software zone?

Advertisement