Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killing Floor 2 (COD Zombies Standalone) **March 2015**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

How are you downloading it now, I cant even buy it yet!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 PedroBear

How are you downloading it now, I cant even buy it yet!

in my mind im already playing

Getting good first impressions...

Aren't these the people that made Red Orchestra?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

PedroBear wrote: »

Indeed they are

Gonna pick this up later. Put a good chunk of hours into the original and very few games compare in regards the sound and meatyness of the guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

Ah, gotta love the cockney accents

Im a bit brassic, can anyone lend me a tenner?

• Advertisement

PedroBear wrote: »

Links?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

On the way home from work will be on this asap cant wait.

Can this and the other thread be merged preferably into the smaller thread and that stupid cod reference removed please

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Just popped on Steam there now and downloading now. Now to try chose between the rooty tooty of the Commando or shotty fun of Support.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

looks amazing this game, been watching it for a while but i think i will wait till its finished before picking it up. is it coming to consoles ?

Lone Stone wrote: »
    looks amazing this game, been watching it for a while but i think i will wait till its finished before picking it up. is it coming to consoles ?

It'll be released on the Playstation at some point.

No luck if you're an Xbox One owner.

• Advertisement

Played it there for a bit. Have to say i'm well impressed for an Early Access. It looks amazing and well polished already. Guns still feel meaty.

It feels a little different from KF1 (not in a bad way) and I found myself like I was back to square one in playing as the enemy AI reacts a lot differently and the mechanics feel slightly different.

Killing Floor 2 has knocked Grand Theft Auto 5 off the Steam top selling chart ffs.

This is becoming a nightmare for Tripwire....

They're sending out notifications to players saying that they can't deal with the amount of people trying to access the servers. Apparently, they have enough servers to accommodate 5,000 players but OVER 50K are trying to get on!!!

Christ on a bike!!!!! :O

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Had a play for about an hour or two. Pretty impressed so far. Quite polished. A little bit of warping but otherwise seems pretty solid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lulzordan

PedroBear wrote:
    They're sending out notifications to players saying that they can't deal with the amount of people trying to access the servers. Apparently, they have enough servers to accommodate 5,000 players but OVER 50K are trying to get on!!!

Yeah, I was trying to play last night after it launched, took ages to find a working server.

The game itself runs great and is lots of fun, now we just gotta hope for more servers to pop up

It took ages to actually get into a server, anytime you clicked on a server that had 0/6 players, as soon as you tried to join it was completely full. I only got lucky joining any random server.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Had the same problem with the servers but given the news that so many players were trying to log in its to be expected day 1. Things will probably calm down over the next few days and the number of active players will drop to more normal levels.

Managed to get one full game played in the lab and was pretty good - fast paced and nice level design. One thing that I found frustrating was the seemingly random slow motion kick in, not sure what triggers it but there are times when you are mid reload or out of combat and its a little annoying waiting for it to end when you just want to get back into the action. I know its only a few seconds but still its a little irritating at times.

The boss at the end was tough as well - he dropped our whole team pretty quickly. That corrosive attack does huge damage and he just soaks up the rounds. Maybe we hadn't prepared properly for him or fought in the wrong location but he straight up wrecked us.

So far - loving this game.

Jim Sterling likes it.

So it MUST be good.

https: // www . youtube. c o m / watch ?v =w9_ojEvymHU

Havent slept 2 days at home... Just walked in home and first thing I did was buy KF2, then ete wrap. :D Time for fag, shower and some KF2!!!

JD1763 wrote: »
    Had the same problem with the servers but given the news that so many players were trying to log in its to be expected day 1. Things will probably calm down over the next few days and the number of active players will drop to more normal levels.

Managed to get one full game played in the lab and was pretty good - fast paced and nice level design. One thing that I found frustrating was the seemingly random slow motion kick in, not sure what triggers it but there are times when you are mid reload or out of combat and its a little annoying waiting for it to end when you just want to get back into the action. I know its only a few seconds but still its a little irritating at times.

The boss at the end was tough as well - he dropped our whole team pretty quickly. That corrosive attack does huge damage and he just soaks up the rounds. Maybe we hadn't prepared properly for him or fought in the wrong location but he straight up wrecked us.

So far - loving this game.

Yeah, I haven't been able to play it that much, just finished a round on Paris, I think the best way to beat him is to face him in an open space so you can spread out and not get so much dmg from the grenades.

The fact that the healing dart now locks in is really awesome, I used to hate playing medic in KF1 due to having to aim the jumping lads, now no need to :D

How's the optimization for this? FPS etc..

• Advertisement

JD1763 wrote: »

One thing that I found frustrating was the seemingly random slow motion kick in, not sure what triggers it but there are times when you are mid reload or out of combat and its a little annoying waiting for it to end when you just want to get back into the action. I know its only a few seconds but still its a little irritating at times.

Have you played KF1? The random slow mo has always been a feature for this game. It randomly kicks in when someone performs a kill but certain classes have perks where the slow mo kicks in more frequently and chained, for example the Beserker can keep chaining slow mo if they get successive kills one after the other.
    M!Ck^ wrote: »

It's really good. It's more polished than most AAA games on release. It automatically detected 4k resolution for me and was running it between 40-50 FPS on a GTX 970.

I played a little of KF1 but not many of my steam friends played it so didn't really get into it. Don't get me wrong - I don't have an issue with the slow mo and its a nice feature at certain points, I just think its implementation could be improved. I know this will be difficult with 6 players all acting independently but getting stuck in a slow mo reloading animation is very annoying and really breaks the flow of the action. Just a very minor gripe I have with it so far.

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Its good. Runs fine on my 2500k and 680. If you got anything better then that it will be flawless.

So I had my first game and its great. More of the same, but better. 9/10 will play again!

Ah I get ya but it's the only way to effectively implement slow mo into an online environment. When the slow mo works in the right circumstance though it can be the difference of saving your bacon or using those last bullets effectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

There's a good few of us playing on gaellords teamspeak if anybody needs people to team up with. Not that hard to join servers now, but we might have our own one up soon.

Quite impressive for an Early Access game.

Only going to get better. :)

Yeah, I'm pretty confident in the team. The only issue I've encountered so far was a crash when switching characters in the menu but it only happened once

Much easier to get into servers last night and no problems with disconnecting or crashes. Managed to finally beat the boss on normal. Love the combat shotgun - nothing as satisfying as unloading a full clip into a large zombie or the boss.

Will anyone be on later?

Was playing this last night and after several rounds out comes the boss. All six of us shot everything we had into him and nothing.....a complete bullet sponge. Then we all went down one by one like flies until there was only one of us left. I thought that was it but when the guy had no ammo left he ran at the monster with his knife and low and behold after one swipe it was dead! LOL.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Add me on Steam, Azza is my username, if anyone wants a few games.

Advertisement