Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight to New York Late Dec 2014

Options
  • 16-09-2014 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭

Okay I am aware this will be an expensive time to be flying but I am looking to buy a one way ticket to New York anyday between the 28th and 31st. I'm looking for a direct flight. Aerlingus had it at 344 and when I was in the booking phase it changed and is now €443. E Dreams are picking random numbers out of their head and when you go to book it constantly changes price :mad: :mad: :mad: . Am I likely to get one cheaper than €443 one way for that time or should I go ahead and just book at that price? Is there any particular time or week that I might grab a bargain on these either?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Can I ask why you're looking at a one-way flight?

Unless you've a green card or hold citizenship, you're likely to encounter some real scrutiny from CBP.

Have you checked return prices too?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

I have just looked up www.kayak.ie
    On the 28 Dec they have a aer lingus flight leaving at 10.50 arr at jfk 13.25
    for €387 via opodo.
    You need to click on one way at the top of kayak home page - they also do mult -trip fights to you can land in New York and fly out of ie Washington.

If you are flexible with return dates you can also look at -/+3 days of the dates you put in for a return flight. You will see this when get the cost of return flights on the left hand side of the page.

I would agree with the last post. The last time I went to the Us on my own with a return ticket & hotels booked paid for I was asked why was I going on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Can I ask why you're looking at a one-way flight?

Unless you've a green card or hold citizenship, you're likely to encounter some real scrutiny from CBP.

Have you checked return prices too?

I'm moving out to America for a few months on a graduate visa so don't have to have a return flight booked is all but I get your point. I have looked at return flights but at the minute they are €600 odd and I just can't afford to spend that on flights at the minute as I'm away a fair bit between now and December and will need to save as much for moving as I can- probably a false economy but still.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭swatki

Which company did u go with for the visa ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

IIIC in Boston

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Advertisement