Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclocross Season

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

lennymc wrote: »
    bonus points if anyone spots lenny crashing.....

0:54

How do I claim the points?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Ugh. That was tough. Almost got taken out of it exiting the gravel section into the second corner. Someone lost balance and knocked into me. Stayed up thankfully. Good race, fast, safe, tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

That was brilliant craic. I'm still grinning. Started at the back in the B Race. Stayed there. Watched in awe as guys with big guns made short work of the course.

Punctured after 3 laps. Someone must have heard my prayers :-) Many thanks to the organisers.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Still knackered, thank feck I only had to do 5 laps :-p -great fun,thanks to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

that was hard. Lots of boardsies in attendance. thanks to the organisers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

First cross race I wasn't lapped, still in shock that had to ride the full distance.
    Muscled out of the last corner after the boards by an unmitigated thug who obviously didn't deserve to finish ahead of me....

RobFowl wrote: »
    First cross race I wasn't lapped, still in shock that had to ride the full distance.
    Muscled out of the last corner after the boards by an unmitigated thug who obviously didn't deserve to finish ahead of me....

you should report him. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

you should report him. :)

I'm telling my mammy on him later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭GMCI

See what happens when u give him gears!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Was fun. Must have been on Raams wheel when that lad cut across the group, interesting moment. Also got tangled on the first set of boards, wrecked my shorts! Then, my flu, which I haven't shaken, decided to prevent me from breathing from lap four on. And my left shifter slipped around and gap skinned the spot between my thumb and index finger

Despite this, it was actually great fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭crosswords

Great venue. Great course.

A race felt fast. Looking forward to some mud.

GMCI wrote: »
    See what happens when u give him gears!!!

one more lap and i would have caught you too....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

If anyone picked up a red Multitool near the coffee stand or pits let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,520 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Well done to everyone who raced today, very fast in both the A and B races..

A quick report with results here: IrishCX

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭GMCI

one more lap and i would have caught you too....

Nah, eased up judging the distance, had time to play with

My first CX race, and any race for that matter. Savage fun!

Except I've punctured on lap 2 of the B race, too far from the start to do anything about it. So I've signed into the A race and didn't finish the last!

Super tough too.

What is the story with the results - I can see myself on pos. 33 of the B race, but I haven't even finished the 2nd lap?

Note to organizers: one portaloo for 200+ people is definitely not enough...

Let em know and they can correct it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Alek wrote: »
    My first CX race, and any race for that matter. Savage fun!

Except I've punctured on lap 2 of the B race, too far from the start to do anything about it. So I've signed into the A race and didn't finish the last!

Super tough too.

What is the story with the results - I can see myself on pos. 33 of the B race, but I haven't even finished the 2nd lap?

Note to organizers: one portaloo for 200+ people is definitely not enough...

Few mistakes, there was a rider in front of me in results who was a lap down and DNF afaik. Great intro to the series.

GMCI wrote: »
    Nah, eased up judging the distance, had time to play with

I'm pushing you into a ditch next time!! :)

nak wrote: »
    Few mistakes, there was a rider in front of me in results who was a lap down and DNF afaik. Great intro to the series.

Two of the top 10 in the results in the B race punctured out.

• Advertisement

Raam wrote: »
    Two of the top 10 in the results in the B race punctured out.

Well they did say it was provisional results. I was ahead in the prizes, just not online. Really enjoyed it, tougher than it looked.

nak wrote: »
    Well they did say it was provisional results. I was ahead in the prizes, just not online. Really enjoyed it, tougher than it looked.

That is true!

Those steps... the first two times I bounced up them nicely, the last few laps... ugh, it was a struggle.

Those steps... the first two times I bounced up them nicely, the last few laps... ugh, it was a struggle.

For the last few laps I had a cramp-like feeling in my calves when going up them... Every time I thought the race is over... or maybe hoped... No cramps saved me though.

That is true!

Try being more vertically challenged, don't know how the wee guy on the mountain bike managed those.

Results updated now..

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Results updated now..

58th!I assume my prize will be posted to me.

53rd in A :D yay

colm18 wrote: »
    58th!I assume my prize will be posted to me.

Of course! ;)

Almost broke the top 20 myself, only for the road parts.. damn my MTB legs! :D

9th in the Bs for me. I thought I was directly behind an IMBRC rider but maybe he passed someone else near the finish.

• Advertisement

8th in the Bs for me. I thought I was directly behind an IMBRC rider but maybe he passed someone else near the finish.

Nice one, up to the A's next time! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement