Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RDAs and MFP

Options
  • 13-09-2014 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

So I'm trying to lose weight /get healthy, and along with exercise I'm watching what I'm eating, MFP is great for monitoring my macros, but when it comes to vitamins/minerals I'm so lost. I've never gotten anywhere close to my potassium requirement, has anyone else found this?
    Is MFP unreliable when it comes to it's nutrient information?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,114 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The data is often user inputted. They often haven't bothered to put in the vitamin and mineral data.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,561 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

So I'm trying to lose weight /get healthy, and along with exercise I'm watching what I'm eating, MFP is great for monitoring my macros, but when it comes to vitamins/minerals I'm so lost. I've never gotten anywhere close to my potassium requirement, has anyone else found this?
    Is MFP unreliable when it comes to it's nutrient information?

If you're getting a decent diet of unprocessed food, you'll get most of your vitamins and minerals. Even the information on packets of supplements can be confusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

In general i eat a wide enough range of fruit and veg etc. I think I'll just use MFP for macros and maybe sodium and fibre intake too then. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,561 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

There's an app - cronometer - that's supposedly good for micronutrients but, like I said, if your diet is decent there's no need to get bogged down in it but it's interesting to look at from time to time

Advertisement