Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night Silva vs. Arlovski

Options
  • 12-09-2014 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_Fight_Night:_Silva_vs._Arlovski

Main card (UFC Fight Pass)
    Heavyweight Antônio Silva vs. Andrei Arlovski
    Lightweight Gleison Tibau vs. Piotr Hallmann
    Lightweight Leonardo Santos vs. Efrain Escudero
    Welterweight Santiago Ponzinibbio vs. Wendell Oliveira
    Bantamweight Iuri Alcântara vs. Russell Doane
    Women's Bantamweight Jéssica Andrade vs. Larissa Pacheco

Preliminary card (UFC Fight Pass)
    Featherweight Godofredo Castro vs. Dashon Johnson
    Welterweight Igor Araújo vs. George Sullivan
    Lightweight Francisco Trinaldo vs. Leandro Silva
    Welterweight Paulo Thiago vs. Sean Spencer
    Bantamweight Rani Yahya vs. Johnny Bedford

The last couple of events where Paulo Thiago was fighting I said he would most likely be cut if he lost and surprisingly he wasn't. This has to be last chance saloon for the Brazilian.

Would like to see Jessica "the female Wanderlai" Andrade go on a bit of a streak. Thought she would have gotten a bigger name being on a two fight streak but she's young so they may be trying to build her up.

Gleison Tibau will tie the record of number of fights for an active UFC fighter with Frank Mir and Josh Koscheck (22 fights) after this bout. Chances are he'll surpass them. As they're both pretty large light weights I wonder if this will be a record for the combined heaviest LW fight in UFC history, if that makes sense.

I've liked Arlovski for a number of years and whether he win, loses or draws I just hope he doesn't put on an embarrassing performance like his last one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

p to the e wrote: »
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_Fight_Night:_Silva_vs._Arlovski

Main card (UFC Fight Pass)
    Heavyweight Antônio Silva vs. Andrei Arlovski
    Lightweight Gleison Tibau vs. Piotr Hallmann
    Lightweight Leonardo Santos vs. Efrain Escudero
    Welterweight Santiago Ponzinibbio vs. Wendell Oliveira
    Bantamweight Iuri Alcântara vs. Russell Doane
    Women's Bantamweight Jéssica Andrade vs. Larissa Pacheco

Preliminary card (UFC Fight Pass)
    Featherweight Godofredo Castro vs. Dashon Johnson
    Welterweight Igor Araújo vs. George Sullivan
    Lightweight Francisco Trinaldo vs. Leandro Silva
    Welterweight Paulo Thiago vs. Sean Spencer
    Bantamweight Rani Yahya vs. Johnny Bedford

The last couple of events where Paulo Thiago was fighting I said he would most likely be cut if he lost and surprisingly he wasn't. This has to be last chance saloon for the Brazilian.

Would like to see Jessica "the female Wanderlai" Andrade go on a bit of a streak. Thought she would have gotten a bigger name being on a two fight streak but she's young so they may be trying to build her up.

Gleison Tibau will tie the record of number of fights for an active UFC fighter with Frank Mir and Josh Koscheck (22 fights) after this bout. Chances are he'll surpass them. As they're both pretty large light weights I wonder if this will be a record for the combined heaviest LW fight in UFC history, if that makes sense.

I've liked Arlovski for a number of years and whether he win, loses or draws I just hope he doesn't put on an embarrassing performance like his last one.

not the best looking card on paper but 4/5 fights there that could be decent,still a struggle to get excited about some of these brazilian cards given how many there are

surprised to see escudero back in the ufc however long he'll remain there

was thinking about posting up this card also and was just about to comment
    in the gambling thread about thiago and how the hell he's still there
    somebody likes the guy for sure, think he'll finally be getting his p45 when spencer takes care of him

can't call the hallman/tibau fight, maybe hallman not quite the outsider like the betting suggests

hard enough to make a case for aa after his performance against schaub
    silva ko looks most likely imo whenever he connects
    really hoping aa has a big performance left in him but he looked so hesitant against schaub, understandable I suppose being his first fight back
    has already lost to bigfoot over 3, I'm thinking bigfoot has improved since then with aa more or less having stood still
    Here's hoping it goes a few rounds anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

mailburner wrote: »
    in the gambling thread about thiago and how the hell he's still there
    somebody likes the guy for sure, think he'll finally be getting his p45 when spencer takes care of him

I read that Thiago got a new 4 fight contract before this fight! He's 13/8 on PP, I think thats big although I can't recall to many of his last fights off top of my head but obviously he's had terrible recent record.

Devastator wrote: »
    I read that Thiago got a new 4 fight contract before this fight! He's 6/4 on PP, I think thats big although I can't recall to many of his last fights off top of my head but obviously he's had terrible recent record.

wow! shocked reading that

15/8 with bet365 for anyone brave enough to back him

yeah it went 13/8 on PP, I already put it in double with Tibau before I read your post but I cant remember my bet365 details anyway lol

I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep my eyes open for the whole night but could be some decent fights in a nice lead up to the boxing a bit later

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/6/19/5825366/despite-skid-paulo-thiago-signs-new-four-fight-deal-with-the-ufc

Found the article, tonights card is in his hometown so he should be well up for it. I'm tempted to do it as a bigger single now aswell after reading that lol now where are my bet365 details :confused:

• Advertisement

at least thiago should be on around 11 being the second prelim
    rest too late for me

very tempted by hallman to beat tibao also, see it very much as a 50/50 fight and think he's value at 19/10
    ill need to see hallmans last fight first as I just cant remember how good he looked

Devastator wrote: »
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/6/19/5825366/despite-skid-paulo-thiago-signs-new-four-fight-deal-with-the-ufc

Found the article, tonights card is in his hometown so he should be well up for it. I'm tempted to do it as a bigger single now aswell after reading that lol now where are my bet365 details :confused:

damn it, didnt know that and it decreases my confidence a little with it being in his backyard, funny enough his odds have been drifting all week

don't want to say it too loudly but I am thinking that umalatov might be the
    bet of the year at 27/20
    already on it myself but will be going in again,if he loses I still wont be too
    disappointed

cue the onslaught :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Does anyone else get fed up of Brazilian fight night cards especially? Between the endless booing if a Brazilian gets taken down and watching the exact same Brazilian fighters on the under card all the time they are easily my least favourite events.

Davei141 wrote: »
    Does anyone else get fed up of Brazilian fight night cards especially? Between the endless booing if a Brazilian gets taken down and watching the exact same Brazilian fighters on the under card all the time they are easily my least favourite events.

sick to death of them to be honest
    the prelims are usually instantly forgettable most of the time
    doesnt help that i usually dont know some of these fighters also
    there was a card recent enough where most of the brazilians actually lost, think I enjoyed that one immensely :D
    think it was the card where cb beat ferreira and dan beat rua actually, remember how quiet it was in particular after those fights

sick to death of them to be honest
    the prelims are usually instantly forgettable most of the time
    doesnt help that i usually dont know some of these fighters also
    there was a card recent enough where most of the brazilians actually lost, think I enjoyed that one immensely :D
    think it was the card where cb beat ferreira and dan beat rua actually, remember how quiet it was in particular after those fights

Yeah the silence does be like music to my ears ha. There was a Brazilian event not too long ago were everyone was calling it great because there was a record number of finishes/subs. Pretty easy to get stoppages when the fights were hopelessly mismatched! Everything about the cards leave me uninspired.

• Advertisement

Yeah the silence does be like music to my ears ha. There was a Brazilian event not too long ago were everyone was calling it great because there was a record number of finishes/subs. Pretty easy to get stoppages when the fights were hopelessly mismatched! Everything about the cards leave me uninspired.

I backed ferreira thinking he'd take care of dolloway
    the silence in my living room was almost as deafening :)

I backed him vs Sarafian before, he got the win but i would never back him again as his weak chin and stupid tendencies made for a very nervy fight when he should have walked it!

I backed him vs Sarafian before, he got the win but i would never back him again as his weak chin and stupid tendencies made for a very nervy fight when he should have walked it!

backed him also v sarafian
    had he not sat on him for the entire third round we'd certainly have lost our money

such a bad performance so far

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

If he doesnt get cut after this i dont know what the **** is going on.

ASOT wrote: »
    If he doesnt get cut after this i dont know what the **** is going on.

that was embarrassing to be fair

no idea how he has a 4 fight deal, on the decline in a big way but hes getting
    worst fight by fight

that was embarrassing to be fair

no idea how he has a 4 fight deal, on the decline in a big way but hes getting
    worst fight by fight

It just annoyed me it looked like he didnt want to engage atall, constantly back tracking away. Really really poor fight.

jaysus can anyone explain that 4 fight deal at all?

he wouldnt beat the cat right now

if it were bisbing id say it was the uk market keeping him there but lord that lad
    was awful, worse than normal even unless he was carrying an injury

It just annoyed me it looked like he didnt want to engage atall, constantly back tracking away. Really really poor fight.

didnt look like he was able to at all, something not right
    fought like a lad how had slowed down about 5 years from his previous fight

Yeah exactly it was strange, This is a fairly decent fight, Silva wore himself out trying to get that RNC. Trinaldos after coming back strong.

• Advertisement

bookies were right :rolleyes::D

Not sure about that result there, taught Silva done enough but i suppose RD1 could have gone either way!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Judges continue to make everyone wonder what ****ing fight they are watching. Robbery of a decision

In other news im fully convinced bigfoot will KO AA tonight.

Judges continue to make everyone wonder what ****ing fight they are watching. Robbery of a decision

Every event there seems to be some weird decision without fail.

Cant wait for the next two events, 178 & 179 are going to be unreal :D

Not sure about that result there, taught Silva done enough but i suppose RD1 could have gone either way!

wow!
    is all

where it this card again? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

wow!
    is all

where it this card again? :pac:

Both brazillians, the unpopular one lost.....shocking

Brazilian crowds are so poor, it makes it unbelievably hard to watch.

Both brazillians, the unpopular one lost.....shocking

you wouldve thought one was american judging by the crowd
    imagine the same happening here, couldnt myself

• Advertisement

Lovely KO by Sullivan, Araujo is in bits on the ground.

Advertisement