Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Downloading now :( Could/Will be a late night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Lads

Can someone give me an exact step by step guide on what to click in terms of nations and database size when starting a new game

I click England/Spain/France/Germany/Argentina/Brazil and a large database size but find myself missing loads of wonderkids

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EveAlex

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Mine told me Messi was probably not worth while looking at cause he's a bit selfish :pac:

In my current game, Mourinho annoyed Schurrle somehow, then annoyed Fabregas by buying Khedira, then annoyed Khedira by fining him for getting sent off, so Chelsea are down in midtable and everyone is angry at Jose :pac:

yes the player power feature is very annoyed

i have kevin stewart demanding a move, so i flog him and then the whole team is unhappy

like hes a reserve team player - why would stevie g or anyone else care?

also have new signings looking for new deals 6months into 4year contracts. maddening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

EveAlex wrote: »
    yes the player power feature is very annoyed

i have kevin stewart demanding a move, so i flog him and then the whole team is unhappy

like hes a reserve team player - why would stevie g or anyone else care?

also have new signings looking for new deals 6months into 4year contracts. maddening

Remember this is a Beta version of the game, make sure to send any problem you are having on to SI so they can look into it, this is the point of the Beta version.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Remember this is a Beta version of the game, make sure to send any problem you are having on to SI so they can look into it, this is the point of the Beta version.

That's what I told myself after I got relegated 1st season and fired.

"It's not real it's only the beta" :pac:

• Advertisement

Anyone know where to get new skins for the game ? The default one doesn't look great to me

Or would there be a way of using old ones from 13/14 ? When I go to preferences there is no option to change, if i move a skin to a certain folder would there be a way

• Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Anyone know where to get new skins for the game ? The default one doesn't look great to me

Or would there be a way of using old ones from 13/14 ? When I go to preferences there is no option to change, if i move a skin to a certain folder would there be a way

Possibly an option not available in beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Is there any difference between buying it from the cheap sites and Steam (apart from price)?
    Why is Steam ~20 quid more expensive?

No difference. Steam just want to make money. Sorta like how Gamestop can charge outrageous prices but online places will often be cheaper

Referee didn't give me a penalty so I gave him a yellow card

fUC7R.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Anyone got any facepacks working? I copied the one from FM14 and it isn't working.

Nevermind got it working.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Liking most of the new touches but my God I am struggling, usually have no problem putting together a couple decent tactics but I just can't work it this year, half way through my first proper season with 1860 Munich, 17 games, 59 for, 58 against, it's unusual to have a match with less than 4 goals before half time.

Anyone having success with any particular formation?

Referee didn't give me a penalty so I gave him a yellow card

fUC7R.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I'm struggling with tactics as well, Was fired from Blackburn Rovers in January tactics from last years version aren't working at all for me.

Managed to get a job at the end of the season at Carlisle Utd in Div 2....Long crawl back up now.

Are yiz finding the loading time between games slower? Takes longer to get to matchday between days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Are yiz finding the loading time between games slower? Takes longer to get to matchday between days?

Not noticing any problems with loading times, however, I find it takes ages to save the game!

Not noticing any problems with loading times, however, I find it takes ages to save the game!

YES!!!

Hopefully cleared up for full game

Irishcrx wrote: »
    I'm struggling with tactics as well, Was fired from Blackburn Rovers in January tactics from last years version aren't working at all for me.

Managed to get a job at the end of the season at Carlisle Utd in Div 2....Long crawl back up now.

I'm actually setting a vendetta against Venky's now , sacked me in January because of what I thought was a reasonable position , no money available , not a cent to bring in any players , 10 percent of transfers made available and they asked me to sell 15 million worth of players. Jordan Rhodes only player worth anything and he was the best player we had.

So they sack me , hire a new manager make him sell all their best players , still no money available , they then sack him...

I will come back to haunt them!!

YES!!!

Hopefully cleared up for full game

Yeah a little slower, I notice in game it's taking longer to get through a game as well.

On tactics , I mainly played Narrow last year and through the middle game didn't seem to like wingers , seems to be a U-Turn this season , wide is the way to go again...

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Yeah a little slower, I notice in game it's taking longer to get through a game as well.

On tactics , I mainly played Narrow last year and through the middle game didn't seem to like wingers , seems to be a U-Turn this season , wide is the way to go again...

Likewise, started narrow last year, once promoted I got wingers in.

I think this year I'll be going for wingers from the start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ManofStraw

Managed to win the league in my first season, but it was a serious struggle. I find the game a little unbalanced at the moment in favor of the home team, for instance I put 6 past Chelsea at home, then 3 days later I lose 4-0 away to Hull who got relegated. My away form all season has been shocking but I went unbeaten at home, I had some success late into the season but I had to adopt seriously negative tactics and hope to nick a goal.

Match engine could also do with some work, I have had so many chances where my striker misses from 6 yards out. Also I havn't noticed one long range goal so far in the game.

Anyone got links to this year wonderkid/free signings/bes coaches/best scouts list?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

when is it out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

s8n wrote: »
    when is it out ?

7th November for general release.

Anyone got links to this year wonderkid/free signings/bes coaches/best scouts list?

wonder kids from FM Scout :

http://www.fmscout.com/a-football-manager-2015-wonderkids.html

coaches, FM scout too :

http://www.fmscout.com/a-football-manager-2015-best-coaches.html

I've not checked either TBH but I did see them pop up.

I'm finding a lot of goals from rebounds. Goalkeepers just seem to parry it to the perfect position for someone to tap it in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone come across s system specs list and/or a comparison to last years requirements?

Anyone come across s system specs list and/or a comparison to last years requirements?

I'm nearly sure its pretty much the same as last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'm nearly sure its pretty much the same as last year.

Excellent thats what my 6 year old laptop was looking to hear!! Hoping to get one more year out of it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

The in game star speed for your system is a bit of a joke id say it says 5 stars on my 4 year old laptop and I select only a few leagues and its 4 stars, then when I play a game its quite slow TBH(Could be subjective). Will have to wait till I get home to use my custom built system to fly threw my game with about 15 leagues loaded id say :)

Advertisement