Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

zefer wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can add a league to a game after you've started it?

Almost certain you can. Click on the FM beside your game date and you should see the option to there in the drop down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Almost certain you can. Click on the FM beside your game date and you should see the option to there in the drop down.

Yeah you can but it only comes into effect at the end of your current season!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Tried to buy Munir yesterday so made an enquiry.
    Barcelona: £70million
    Me: £40million
    Barcelona: £105Million
    Me: £45million

Offer accepted :D

What season are you in? He has a stupidly low release clause at the beginning of the game I think, something like €12m.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

YayaBanana wrote: »
    What season are you in? He has a stupidly low release clause at the beginning of the game I think, something like €12m.

2017, he was unhappy that he wasn't getting first team football. There's some serious gems on the transfer list at the moment but I can't find room for them all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Tried to buy Munir yesterday so made an enquiry.
    Barcelona: £70million
    Me: £40million
    Barcelona: £105Million
    Me: £45million

Offer accepted :D

Love it when that happens :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭JoeCole26

Hi, I see FM15 is released Nov 20th on iOS. I haven't played FM in years but would love to get back into it, but only have an iPad at the min.

Can I download the game from the official site (€50) and play it on my iPad?

Does it have all the same features as the PC version?

Has anyone played previous versions on iPad - how do you find it?

Thanks

3 promotions in a row in my Shrewsbury save. Finished 6th in the championship, Beat Villa in the Semi Final and beat Norwich in penalties in the final. Wage budged is currently €125k and stadium has just been expanded to meet PL rules, I'll have a massive 11,000 seater for next season. Don't know how I'm going to survive with this wage budget. Season has just finished so new budget will be set out soon. Going to be fun either way though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

JoeCole26 wrote: »
    Hi, I see FM15 is released Nov 20th on iOS. I haven't played FM in years but would love to get back into it, but only have an iPad at the min.

Can I download the game from the official site (€50) and play it on my iPad?

Does it have all the same features as the PC version?

Has anyone played previous versions on iPad - how do you find it?

Thanks
    It is pretty much a different game. Hopefully still worth the investment as I plan to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

10.25m ;)

20 goals and 16 assists in his first season playing number 10 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Going to finally take the plunge and buy it this evening.

any recommendations on the best young team to start with? England preferable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

Have to say really enjoying this years edition so far. The improved scouting is a big plus. Also feel the matches are more immersive and teams adapt their tactics better . Before I would get my tactic to a good state and barely even bother watching the matches but now I find im tweaking things more often mid game

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

RossieMan wrote: »
    Going to finally take the plunge and buy it this evening.

any recommendations on the best young team to start with? England preferable.

Villa, Southampton and Newcastle could be good. RB Leipzig if you go outside of England. Good budget for Bundesliga 2 and a blank canvas as regards history seen as the club was only est. a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Bradz213 wrote: »
    Villa, Southampton and Newcastle could be good. RB Leipzig if you go outside of England. Good budget for Bundesliga 2 and a blank canvas as regards history seen as the club was only est. a few years back

They also have Rani Khedira who is an absolute beast. Samis younger bro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I don't quit over results but I did quit fm15 when my new signing broke his leg a few days after signing. I was fuming.

Is there anything worse?!

Sign a guy and get a little message from his first training session that he has torn his hamstring, done his cruciate or broken a leg or something else that keeps him out for ****in ages!

3 promotions in a row in my Shrewsbury save. Finished 6th in the championship, Beat Villa in the Semi Final and beat Norwich in penalties in the final. Wage budged is currently €125k and stadium has just been expanded to meet PL rules, I'll have a massive 11,000 seater for next season. Don't know how I'm going to survive with this wage budget. Season has just finished so new budget will be set out soon. Going to be fun either way though.

Wow. 8 million in the bank and projected balance on 60 million at the end of the season and my wage budget is still 135k and that's leaving nothing for transfers. Can't sign players, can't loan players because I can't afford percentage of wages and struggling to keep my current players because 9k is my highest weekly wage. This is ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Rega

Wow. 8 million in the bank and projected balance on 60 million at the end of the season and my wage budget is still 135k and that's leaving nothing for transfers. Can't sign players, can't loan players because I can't afford percentage of wages and struggling to keep my current players because 9k is my highest weekly wage. This is ridiculous!

I had something similar before. Took Darlington from non league to the Premier League. When we got there I had a miserable transfer and wage budget that made even competing against the bottom prem teams impossible. I asked for higher budgets and was refused so I resigned and took over at Leeds who had just been relegated from the Prem. They had a massive budget and young talented players. I got promoted immediately and won the FA Cup. Darlington got slaughtered in the Prem and went into freefall through the leagues. Stupid short-sighted board of management.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

****! My United save corrupted.

Anyone wanna suggest me another team? Tempted by Spurs or Southampton, so that level...

Rega wrote: »
    I had something similar before. Took Darlington from non league to the Premier League. When we got there I had a miserable transfer and wage budget that made even competing against the bottom prem teams impossible. I asked for higher budgets and was refused so I resigned and took over at Leeds who had just been relegated from the Prem. They had a massive budget and young talented players. I got promoted immediately and won the FA Cup. Darlington got slaughtered in the Prem and went into freefall through the leagues. Stupid short-sighted board of management.

I can't even ask for more money or for them to increase player wage limit, it's not in the Board Request drop down, I'm going to ask for a new contract, I'm on about 2k a week so I think it's warranted, I might be able to get more money out of them that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Lord TSC wrote: »
    ****! My United save corrupted.

Anyone wanna suggest me another team? Tempted by Spurs or Southampton, so that level...

West Ham are pretty good. Enner Valencia and Zarate are lethal and you have a buy out clause on Alex Song

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Lads, anyone who is looking for a striker for lower league sides have a look at Craig Davies , I signed him on a free for Carlisle when I was in League two and he has been a goal scoring beast for me. Even at 32 now and in the championship he has scored 24 goals in 23 games averaging just over a goal a game.

Since making the switch to 3-4-3 attacking were on fire, balance in the team is right and in January were 23 points clear at the top and un beaten, yes 23 points! having beaten Cardiff (2nd) twice in the space of a week 3-0 at home and 5-3 away surely heading for the premiership now, Craig will be coming with me even at 33 would love to see him bag 15 next season up there...

Bargain striker lads get on it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Hi lads, purchased this game last night. Any lower league clubs ye would recommend to start off with? Don't want to start in the big leagues!

Also any good players yed recommend that won't cost too much?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Hi lads, purchased this game last night. Any lower league clubs ye would recommend to start off with? Don't want to start in the big leagues!

Also any good players yed recommend that won't cost too much?

Start unemployed, it's the ultimate challenge. Scrounge the players list for decent out of contract players to build your squad with.

I generally dump 80 percent of my team when taking over a lower league club and start to build my own based on the system I plan on playing...which is generally you score 3 I'll score 4 =)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Looking for recommendations for lower league players. have found a few so far, just started in League 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭sdowling04

Top of the table by one point with 7 games to go, coming into a big game against city at home and Lloris breaks his hand and Vorm gets knee tendentious on the same day...damm! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

This game is ruining my life - "just one more game"

If anyone still hasn't bought the game and is planning to let me know.
    I need to get rid of FM15. I haven't researched if it's possible to send other Steam users games from my library?
    If that's not possible, then I'm willing to give someone my Steam credentials, so they can have and play FM15.

Let me know if anyone is interested, free of charge of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

nbar12 wrote: »
    This game is ruining my life - "just one more game"

If anyone still hasn't bought the game and is planning to let me know.
    I need to get rid of FM15. I haven't researched if it's possible to send other Steam users games from my library?
    If that's not possible, then I'm willing to give someone my Steam credentials, so they can have and play FM15.

Let me know if anyone is interested, free of charge of course.
    lol WHAT? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Taylor365 wrote: »
    lol WHAT? :pac:

I'm not trolling if you think I am. I need to get my life in order as I need to stop acting the bollocks in work & wasting hours upon hours of trying to keep Leicester City in the PL isn't the right way to go about sorting **** out!

I highly recommend not starting with Leicester because they're so bad. I genuinely thought there was a glitch in the game when your team is defending and the opposition ALWAYS scores when they were on the attack, but no, Leicester are just really shít

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

nbar12 wrote: »
    I'm not trolling if you think I am. I need to get my life in order as I need to stop acting the bollocks in work & wasting hours upon hours of trying to keep Leicester City in the PL isn't the right way to go about sorting **** out!

I highly recommend not starting with Leicester because they're so bad. I genuinely thought there was a glitch in the game when your team is defending and the opposition ALWAYS scores when they were on the attack, but no, Leicester are just really shít
    Uninstall - DONE! :cool:

Give you steam acc to someone you might never have it back.

Leicester? $hit please. Just go hunt down Emile Heskey!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Made a bit of a cheat when signing Julian Brandt. Since Germany ain't licensed or whatever in the game, and i couldnt afford his proper wages I offered 60k and 180k when he got 1 international cap. Got a new contract 3 years later, 100k and 250k when 1 cap, delighted with myself

Feckin bastard then declares for England after 5 years and im stuck with him on way too much money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

i really hope they fix the slow save times, i usually set my autosave to weekly after fits of rage in previous editions where is was monthly and during the summer transfers window you spend way way too long scouting for the right player, only for the game to crash and your last autosave was 3 hours ago.

Advertisement