Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

James Corden is the new presenter of The Late Late Show

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

ha Tommy directed Ella Enchanted http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0641373/ Jeff Goldblum there with the puzzled look on his face, why do you think im ladies man James.

Funny that james didn't ask then. Of course anybody can call themselves a film maker and have something on you tube but this guy was living in -- and probably owned -- a big house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm a fan of Frozen so I really enjoyed this!

Corden is not bad himself is he?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Hes doing really well. I think marginally better than Fallon when he started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Mars Bar wrote: »

Corden is not bad himself is he?!

she put in a little more effort then Mariah Carey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Never liked Corden, and while the skits are well written and funny, don't think I'll ever take to him as a host to be honest. I genuinely don't find his type of comedy shtick funny. I'm sure he'll do well being the Brit as a different choice than the other hosts on TV there, but Ferguson will be really missed.

Corholio wrote: »
    Never liked Corden, and while the skits are well written and funny, don't think I'll ever take to him as a host to be honest. I genuinely don't find his type of comedy shtick funny. I'm sure he'll do well being the Brit as a different choice than the other hosts on TV there, but Ferguson will be really missed.

I wasn't a fan of Corden either and I do miss Craig. James is no Craig and what I like is that he is most definitely not trying to be Craig! There's a more Jimmy Fallon like feel to this show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

miralize wrote: »
    Hes doing really well. I think marginally better than Fallon when he started.

Wasn't there a bigger objection to Fallon taking over as i heard all the objectors came on his 1st nite with $1 afaik Bono was there?

I only tune into Fallon if someone interesting is on as its on the CNBC ch nightly.
    I see Conan's show got moved to 1am from 11pm on Trutv, David o Doherty was on it last nite, but too late for me.

I remember Letterman used to be on Sky1@midnite one time, i don't know what year, but i remember he did his show in London for 1 week & on the last night had Harry Ramsden's chipshop & fed the whole audience that night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Are they not talk shows anymore? They all seem to be presenters doing dull sketches and playing boring games. Fallon especially is guilty of the last one.

A Conan writer went on a rant basically saying that Jimmy Fallon sucks http://www.avclub.com/article/conan-writer-went-rant-basically-saying-jimmy-fall-218241

don't know what the guy expects, late night talks arn't really where its at comedy wise, don think they ever were, its is about celebrities and selling ads, people always talking about daring Letterman was when he started but I never saw it at the time so I can't get that.

interesting that one of Conan's late night writers left to join Colbert's new show.

his 2 cookiest long time writers writers have left

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Conan writer claims that other late night shows aren't funny. Who said Americans don't do irony?

lertsnim wrote: »
    Are they not talk shows anymore? They all seem to be presenters doing dull sketches and playing boring games. Fallon especially is guilty of the last one.

That video is only for the youtube community.

You're seeing these shows copying the format of youtubers now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I recently saw the Simon Cowell ep, Simon was ever the judge with his replies!
    Corden asked Simon would he make it in his boyband, Simon replied NO!
    Cowell had said he'd done good to get a No1 with Becks, but was terrible to work with :eek:

Corden's quick reply, "I gave my money to charity, you pocketed yours" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,518 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

His carpool karaoke gets better and better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

lertsnim wrote: »

I think talk is over. No one is ever going to have a spontaneous moment on tv ever again. Everyone is far too conscious that nothing is ephemeral anymore and any gaffe will live forever on youtube. They're just there to sell a show or represent a brand or agenda and prepped to the hilt by agents. I hate those games etc but they probably beat watching the same stiff celebs coming on several different shows all selling the same blurb to every show.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    His carpool karaoke gets better and better
    could have done without clooney and julia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Yeah it's clearly rehearsed but still brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

For anyone missing 'proper talk' on talks how's, go download The Nerdist and Marc Marron podcasts. They're both absolutely excellent and a million miles beyond anything seen in talk shows, either now or previously.

Tom Hanks and (randomly) both wwe wrestler Chris Jericho and Rose McGowan were some of the most fascinating conversations I've ever heard in that kind of medium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Wonder what the real reason for this is. Considering its common knowledge that Corden is a cnunt of the highest order Im guessing Ellen type negative revelations on the horizon.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-61267036

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

I hope he goes back to the UK to never be heard of again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Would he he getting another year out of it if he was leaving due to ‘revelations’ though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I'd say Ryan Tubridy would be a possible candidate to replace him. He might well take the job if offered as well now that his kids are a bit older and he could travel to the States. Would be a big loss for RTE but I don't think anyone would begrudge him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

I like James, I hope no bad stories emerging

I thought he was on very good pay

Who to take over now? Mr ScarJo Colin or Anthony Anderson or some one else?

What would the American audience make of our beloved lanky streak of piss, Ryan Tubridy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

• Advertisement

^ Classic. 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭phonypony

Hopefully some other BBC gimp like Jack Whitehall or Russell "I'll steal any joke" Howard

Advertisement