Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protein Pancake mix

Options
  • 08-09-2014 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

just a question about making them and storing them in the fridge.

I normally just make a small amount for when I need them.. but was wondering if I could make a large batch for the whole week .. would they be ok in the fridge? .. or would they go off ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

NeVeR wrote: »
    Hi All,

just a question about making them and storing them in the fridge.

I normally just make a small amount for when I need them.. but was wondering if I could make a large batch for the whole week .. would they be ok in the fridge? .. or would they go off ?

What do you put in them that would go off? If it's just the protein you're worried about you could make the mix and stir a scoop of whey into however much you were going to use at a time!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Skuxx wrote: »
    What do you put in them that would go off? If it's just the protein you're worried about you could make the mix and stir a scoop of whey into however much you were going to use at a time!

Protein pancakes.. not just powder. there's Eggs / Banana in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,113 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I would fancy making mix up for more than a day or two in advance. Eggs, milk, protein, aren't going to stay fresh exposed to the air.

I keep a tub of the dry ingredients mixed. Saves me having to blend oats into flour every time, and it means I have oats and protein powder ready in the correct ratios.

Advertisement