Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got any bus driving Anecdotes?

Options
  • 06-09-2014 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

I have been a bus and coach driver since 1984.

Started with Top Deck, later Consolos Express (London -Athens), London Transport, National Express (UK), Bovo (NL), Club Cantabrica (UK), Jan de Witt (NL) Collins (IRL) and my own company Midnight Express (UK to Amsterdam)

An Anecdote that comes to mind...

In the 90's double-manning a National Express service out of London Victoria to Burnley in the UK late at night on a quite stretch of road between Bolton and Burnley on the last leg of the trip, my mate decides to save time by emptying the toilet as I'm driving down the hill into the town of Darwen.

Just after I pull up at a set of traffic lights in the town, a guy starts banging on the passenger door and then calls me over to his car which is directly behind the bus, the bonnet of which is covered in a mixture of piss and faeces and toilet blue disinfectant. :eek:

I thought my goose was cooked.

Then he turns to me and says: "Looks like you are leaking antifreeze, you better get it looked at" :D

Advertisement