Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gains going down the toilet, literally

Options
  • 05-09-2014 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

I know its not a very nice though but I think two bowl movements a day is restricting me from gaining weight/muscle. Any food suggestions to change this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Two bowel movements a day is fairly normal!

My boyfriend would have more than that and os having no issues bulking.

Before blaming it on pooing, I'd take a look at your diet and exercise regime :)

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

Two bowel movements a day is fairly normal!

My boyfriend would have more than that and os having no issues bulking.

Before blaming it on pooing, I'd take a look at your diet and exercise regime :)

its obviously not helping though?

WhiteWalls wrote: »

It makes no difference. The only way too poo less is to eat less. If you eat less, no gains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

You simply don't understand the digestive process. The body is excreting unwanted/unusable material.

smcgiff wrote: »
    You simply don't understand the digestive process. The body is excreting unwanted/unusable material.

I definitely don't. So basically if the food was of a higher quality then there wouldn't be so much waste?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

I definitely don't. So basically if the food was of a higher quality then there wouldn't be so much waste?

Possibly, but all food has elements of useable and an useable food.

However, a good proportion of what you excrete is made up of dead bacteria and dead red blood cells, that's what gives it its colour.

But, what you excrete isn't that heavy. It even floats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Poo is not your problem

• Registered Users Posts: 39,114 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Why do you think that?
    It's not the reason you can't put in muscle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Hold it in? :confused:

Good advice above.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭helliwen

If you were suffering from chronic diarrhoea then that would be having an effect on how you were absorbing nutrients, but normal twice a day excretions is not going to affect your gainz.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

repost but very relevant here

242czmu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,561 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

conzy wrote: »
    repost but very relevant here

Zackly.

In Canada it's a dish called 'pootine'.

So basically all this talk about people with fast metabolisms is nonsense?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

What has your metabolism rate got to do with your bowel movements?

corkonion wrote: »
    What has your metabolism rate got to do with your bowel movements?

I thought its to do with how quick your body processes food? So a person whose bowel moves every second day will gain weight a lot quicker than one whose bowel moves everyday?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,561 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I thought its to do with how quick your body processes food? So a person whose bowel moves every second day will gain weight a lot quicker than one whose bowel moves everyday?

No. Just no.

So basically all this talk about people with fast metabolisms is nonsense?

Metabolism is about how quickly one's body burns down and utilises food for fuel.

Nothing to do with waste excretions.

If you're not gaining, look at your diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Does eating less really mean you poo less?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

Metabolism is about how quickly one's body burns down and utilises food for fuel.

Nothing to do with waste excretions.

If you're not gaining, look at your diet.

Metabolism is actually a definition for your whole bodily functions, but in its most common use can be defined as an 'excuse'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Does eating less really mean you poo less?

Don't eat for a few days and see how little you poo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Hold it in. I used to poo twice a day, now only once a month. Have gained 15 pounds - all muscle. Poo is rich in collagen building proteins that are vital for gaining muscle. Anyone who says otherwise has merely been fooled by propaganda from the big toilet paper companies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Macavity. wrote: »
    Hold it in. I used to poo twice a day, now only once a month. Have gained 15 pounds - all muscle. Poo is rich in collagen building proteins that are vital for gaining muscle. Anyone who says otherwise has merely been fooled by propaganda from the big toilet paper companies.

If you're not a selfish asshole like this guy you will instead consider donating at least half of your poo to people in need! Everyone has the right to poo gains. One poo for every member of the audience

Are you sure your not severely constipated? I got an impacted bowel a few months ago and all I can say is I hope I never again feel pain like it. Now I make sure that I go at least once a day, using laxatives if needed. Its waste that needs to be removed from the body. I remember watching a video aimed at kids and the Dr said doing a poo is like putting your rubbish out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

This is a sh1t thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,114 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ryanf1 wrote: »
    I remember watching a video aimed at kids and the Dr said doing a poo is like putting your rubbish out.
    I seen a video that said we should all be recycling our waste. Better fr the environment.

Mellor wrote: »
    I seen a video that said we should all be recycling our waste. Better fr the environment.

I was attempting to draw an analogy to explain that excreting waste regularly is important. It can vary but once a month is not normal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

I certainly wouldn't recommend this. Seriously bad advice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I am not sure who is being serious and who is not now???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I am not sure who is being serious and who is not now???

Yea I can't be the only person who thinks macavity is taking the Piss?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Oh he defiantly is taking the piss, its the people responding to him that that I am unsure of.

Advertisement