Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross Country Fixtures 2014/2015

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

There's some photos here from the Dublin Novice races today:

women's:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/86489211@N00/sets/72157648002959528/

men's verrrrry slowly uploading to here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/86489211@N00/sets/72157648007114770/

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭eldiva

Could someone tell me how long Gerry Farnan and senior mens xc races are?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

eldiva wrote: »
    Could someone tell me how long Gerry Farnan and senior mens xc races are?

Gerry Farnan has two races a 5K and an 8K. If you are doing masters trials you have to do 5K if female and 8k if male, otherwise you can do whichever one you want (my understanding of what AI have released anyway)

Other races vary in distance depending on the event. Mens races are generally 6K - 10K(?)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Dundalk IT for Intercounties and Santry for the Novice...

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mrak

Gerry Farnan has two races a 5K and an 8K. If you are doing masters trials you have to do 5K if female and 8k if male, otherwise you can do whichever one you want (my understanding of what AI have released anyway)

Other races vary in distance depending on the event. Mens races are generally 6K - 10K(?)

What's the story with the Juniors.. 8k?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

mrak wrote: »
    What's the story with the Juniors.. 8k?

Nope, they'll be separately marked out courses. Probably the same ones as what they had on last Sunday in the Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mrak

"*Junior women are asked to enter the 5km open race and the junior men the 8km open race, any queires on the junior races please contact stevenmacklin@athleticsireland.ie"

okay - the above quote confused me, seems that the juniors run 3 laps and masters 4 - all starting at same time or diff races..?

mrak wrote: »
    "*Junior women are asked to enter the 5km open race and the junior men the 8km open race, any queires on the junior races please contact stevenmacklin@athleticsireland.ie"

okay - the above quote confused me, seems that the juniors run 3 laps and masters 4 - all starting at same time or diff races..?

My understanding is that they run at the same time and the juniors finish a lap early. I am not involved in the organisation, could be wrong

Connacht cross country is over 2 days its a League set up, Seniors and masters all in one. Most points wins medals at novice/senior/masters and team
    2nd Nov Bushfield Loughrea
    9th Nov Westport - Westport house grounds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

Munster Masters & Juvenile 'B' Cross Country Championships, Watergrasshill, Cork, Sunday November 30th. Juvenile schedule starts at 11:30am, followed by Masters. Course map on link above, along with map and directions, inc photos, to the venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Is the date for the Dublin Novice this year known or has it been even selected yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

I don't know - I just wanted to reply because I'm looking forward to this season's xc thread already.

I thought it was always the first Sunday in October, which would be the 4th, but it's been later.

Actually, it is the 4th, according to the OPW Phoenix Park list.

Sacksian wrote: »
    Actually, it is the 4th, according to the OPW Phoenix Park list.

Excellent. I'm away last week in September and was worried I'd miss it. Really looking forward to the XC season myself. I'll be seeing you regular on the hills in the Phoenix Park these Saturday mornings so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Wild Garlic

Anyone know when the Wicklow/Leinster XC fixtures are out?
    Thanks

Anyone know when the Wicklow/Leinster XC fixtures are out?
    Thanks

Leinster ones are on the AAI website

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/competition/fixtures/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Wild Garlic

Leinster ones are on the AAI website

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/competition/fixtures/

Cheers!

Excellent. I'm away last week in September and was worried I'd miss it. Really looking forward to the XC season myself. I'll be seeing you regular on the hills in the Phoenix Park these Saturday mornings so?

Eh...probably not for a while yet. Just graduating from a long run of 4 miles. If I avoid hills for the next month or so, I should be okay by October.

Should be a good battle for the team medals this year - DSD had a very young team last year, so I'd imagine most of them are still eligible, but I'll leave the more detailed analysis for the 2015 thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Myles Splitz

List I have so far in Leinster Region (Bar national Championships)

Date| Race
    20/9/2015| LizMcdonnell 5k
    27/09/2015|Star of the Sea Cross Country
    04/10/2015 |Dublin Novice Cross Country
    04/10/2015 |Kildare Novice Cross Country
    17/10/2015 |Teachers BHAA XC
    18/10/2015 |Kildare Intermediate XC
    25/10/2015 |Leinster Novice Cross Country
    08/11/2015 |Leinster Intermediate Cross Country
    14/11/2015 |Teachers BHAA XC
    22/11/2015 |AAI Inter County XC
    29/11/2015 (I think)| Kildare Senior Championship
    06/12/2015 |AAI National Novice

Won't be starting sessions till September myself but a decent spread to keep people busy right through till Christmas if they wanted.

Great to see two non championship races at the start of the season to hopefully give people a taster for it.

• Advertisement

I did Liz McDonnell last year - it's a mass participation xc race, really good cause (and course) and lots of fun.

If you're looking for a real test, then it's not really xc (I ran it in flats) and it's a fairly thin field in terms of competition (there'll be plenty of people walking it), but a really enjoyable run. As an introduction to xc, it's a nice day out.

I'll probably be a bit short for it this year, but might try and get to the Star of the Sea XC.

Any news of the proposed xc league / short course champs and all the other stuff that the AI review had in the pipeline? I'm disappointed about Gerry Farnan being dropped, if that is the case, as I was hoping to do it for the first time this year.

Sacksian wrote: »
    Any news of the proposed xc league / short course champs and all the other stuff that the AI review had in the pipeline? I'm disappointed about Gerry Farnan being dropped, if that is the case, as I was hoping to do it for the first time this year.

I think that will all start in 16/17

ANy date for the Autumn Open ? Old gerry farnan. My guess is 18 Oct given Leinsters week after ?

And re the changes in XC the current calendar has Intercounties pre Xmas, I guess RayCun you are right

started a new thread (since yis are all too lazy :p )

Advertisement