Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer Mile World Championships!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Yeah, but the guy who's taking the bottle disappears out of picture (after the first one anyway). Could be pouring it out.......

If you look closely, the guy taking the bottles is pouring the froth into a measuring glass and a second guy appears to be videoing him. I assume this video would be submitted as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

adrian522 wrote: »
    Surely WR's should only be counted at races, you don't see Bolt posting up videos of 100M records from training sessions.

Yeah, I much prefer when there's at least a few outsiders/other runners/bit of a crowd present so that someone could say, 'Oi, that bottle is already opened (and so could be filled with water for all we know)'. The Irish event and some of the Aussie and US ones have a good crowd. Also, if they're planning an assault at WR, they should give close ups of unopened tins or bottles and % of Alc and so on. Don't like these controlled, closed versions myself.

Itziger wrote: »
    Yeah, I much prefer when there's at least a few outsiders/other runners/bit of a crowd present so that someone could say, 'Oi, that bottle is already opened (and so could be filled with water for all we know)'. The Irish event and some of the Aussie and US ones have a good crowd. Also, if they're planning an assault at WR, they should give close ups of unopened tins or bottles and % of Alc and so on. Don't like these controlled, closed versions myself.

A big issue in the US seems to be that they can't hold events on tracks at all, presumably for insurance reasons. That's why the World Championships were held on a stretch of road rather than a track. I'd imagine that's a big reason behind all the time trials. At least in this instance there were 2 participants and seemingly 4-5 observers/referees, unlike in James Nielsen's world record when it was just him and his girlfriend.

menoscemo wrote: »
    A big issue in the US seems to be that they can't hold events on tracks at all, presumably for insurance reasons. That's why the World Championships were held on a stretch of road rather than a track. I'd imagine that's a big reason behind all the time trials. At least in this instance there were 2 participants and seemingly 4-5 observers/referees, unlike in James Nielsen's world record when it was just him and his girlfriend.

I agree, at least in this one there's the boys measuring the after flow as it were. That one with the wife/girlfriend doing it was a complete joke. I can imagine the insurance or authorities might be a problem alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Notwork Error

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Incredible stuff. Just hope they measured those laps accurately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Chivito550 wrote: »

I really question the use of PED in this now ;)

Chivito550 wrote: »

What's very noticeable is how they have their bottle opening technique nailed down. Not a milisecond wasted.
    If the lead lads in the Irish championships (and most of us) had this technique we would shave 20-30 seconds of our times.

We need twisty tops and beermile gloves!!

There was a women's WR at the same event the other night.
    The video shows just how important beer chugging is in comparison to running technique. The winner was clearly not the best runner but easily the best chugger:
    https://www.facebook.com/FloTrack/videos/10153826057449445/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

Beat Meno's time from 2014 no?

;)

Itziger wrote: »
    Beat Meno's time from 2014 no?

;)

Even on my worst ever beermile I still beat Ecoli/Myles :pac: