Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

**Spoilers** Series 8, Episode 3 - "Robot of Sherwood"

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

Coldzone wrote: »
    I'm just rewatching the episode and think I've figured out the gold arrow bit. The Doctor said they were making a matrix of gold to fix the circuitry so when the arrow hit the ship it cut into the circuitry and added the extra boost needed.

Ignoring the chances of the arrow managing to go through the ship and connect with the circuitry, the question remains: Why would the Sheriff hold a competition to give away a gold arrow when gold is the one thing he needs more than anything else, to fix the ship?

J.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

jasonb wrote: »
    Ignoring the chances of the arrow managing to go through the ship and connect with the circuitry, the question remains: Why would the Sheriff hold a competition to give away a gold arrow when gold is the one thing he needs more than anything else, to fix the ship?

J.

Because in some of the stories of Robin Hood, that was the actual prize of the competition.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

J.

Simple, because Mark Gatiss isn't always a good writer, and someone wasn't paying attention when reviewing scripts :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

Angron wrote: »
    Because in some of the stories of Robin Hood, that was the actual prize of the competition.

I didn't actually know that, so that's a good point, and a nice nod to the 'legend' of Robin Hood. It's just a pity that it still clashes so much with the plot, and what the Sheriff and Robots need most.
    J.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I didn't actually know that, so that's a good point, and a nice nod to the 'legend' of Robin Hood. It's just a pity that it still clashes so much with the plot, and what the Sheriff and Robots need most.
    J.

Well the sheriff only offered it as a prize to lure Robin Hood in to arrest him. So he wouldn't have been handing over the arrow.

Even in this episode, he didn't give it away, the Merry Men pinched it.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Well the sheriff only offered it as a prize to lure Robin Hood in to arrest him. So he wouldn't have been handing over the arrow.

Hah hah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Hah hah!

dont you start with the over the top laughing :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Das Kitty wrote: »

Oh yeah, that makes sense, I retract my own dissing of Gatiss so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

yes indeed. I also loved the episode. Love how when Clara (looking absolutely gorgeous in that dress!) she kept gushing all over robin hood only for the doctor to kept repeatedly telling her "he doesn't exist! He's not real!"

Great stuff! Well done Mark Gatiss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Did think Robin's parting 'I'm as real as you are, Doctor' was a heart-warming tribute to both characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Did think Robin's parting 'I'm as real as you are, Doctor' was a heart-warming tribute to both characters.

yes i agree. in terms of the fact that they're both legends in their own respective ways.

Advertisement