Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gelatin powder

Options
  • 04-09-2014 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Looking to pick this up in a brick and mortar store if at all possible, any recommendations?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tesco have it
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=280932920

If you need lots you might get it in asian or polish shops, not that I have seen it there but I would not be surprised as htey often have decent size containers of yeast and other stuff which is expensive in regular supermarkets.

In regular shops it can be in the baking section, and not in the flavoured jelly section.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 jtthom

Thanks rubadub. Do you know if that one can be added to smoothies/coffee/tea/etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

jtthom wrote: »
    Thanks rubadub. Do you know if that one can be added to smoothies/coffee/tea/etc?

Just looks like normal gelatine to me, so if whatever recpie you read saying "powdered gelatine" I would expect it is fine, I am not aware of any different types of powdered stuff (it does come in leaf form too). What are you intending to do with it? never heard of people adding it to tea. I have heard of people making coffee jelly though, as a sort of gimmick for a dessert, it would be suitable for that.

Is it being taken as a supplement? if so I guess it should be fine.

Advertisement