Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LEAP CARD - Updated Summary of Cards/Functionality Available - September 2014

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,588 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Alun wrote: »
    So does that mean that when you set up the card for auto-topup you have to either visit a payzone outlet or tag on at a Luas or IE ticket machine to have that information written to the card? Sorry for all the questions :)

Yes - as that's the only way you can get the information physically onto the card. But once you've done that you don't have to visit a payzone agent again, unless you want to load a period pass onto the card, such as a Dublin Bus 30 day rambler ticket.

To be fair I think your questions are legitimate.

It took me a while to get my head around some aspects, but using Oyster as frequently as I have done over recent years has been a help, given there is much similarity in the two products.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

lxflyer wrote: »
    Yes - as that's the only way you can get the information physically onto the card. But once you've done that you don't have to visit a payzone agent again, unless you want to load a period pass onto the card, such as a Dublin Bus 30 day rambler ticket.

To be fair I think your questions are legitimate.
    Thanks. As with all such things, knowing exactly how they work can assist in figuring out what may have gone wrong when they don't work quite as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,588 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Alun wrote: »
    Thanks. As with all such things, knowing exactly how they work can assist in figuring out what may have gone wrong when they don't work quite as expected.

Also knowing why things don't work as you expect is helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

You can activate auto top up on a Dublin Bus you don't have to go to a "live" terminal.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Stevek101 wrote: »
    You can activate auto top up on a Dublin Bus you don't have to go to a "live" terminal.

Not true, when you first set it up, you have too "activate" it first time on a live terminal. From then on auto topups will work on Dublin Bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,316 ✭✭✭✭Victor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement