Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pulled over for speeding by a static guard.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

Paulownia wrote: »
    I was stopped by a guard for passing out at a crossroads about five weeks ago and he told me I would get a fine in the post andtwo penalty points. So far I've heard nothing, my worry is that it got lost in the post. How long is the interval normally between being stopped and getting the letter?

You passed out???:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

TBH if my job involved picking up pieces of people on a regular basis I'm not sure I'd be the most delightful person to deal with on my bad days.

I do wish people would get a grip. Okay guards can sometimes be rude. Big deal, report it if you think it's a sign of something bigger. Suggesting that there is a break-down of trust because you didn't get a pat on the head and a kind word is bordering on the ridiculous.

The majority of people, after picking up one dead kid off the tarmac, would probably need to spend some time at the funny farm, the emergency services are involved in this is on a semi-regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

OP you admitted you were speeding it may not have been 150 but you dont know exactly what speed it was, so there is really two possible outcomes here either you are going to take it on the chin or you are going to be an idiot and cause yourself a lot more aggrgvation than its probably worth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 429 ✭✭Export

Bepolite wrote: »
    TBH if my job involved picking up pieces of people on a regular basis I'm not sure I'd be the most delightful person to deal with on my bad days.

I do wish people would get a grip. Okay guards can sometimes be rude. Big deal, report it if you think it's a sign of something bigger. Suggesting that there is a break-down of trust because you didn't get a pat on the head and a kind word is bordering on the ridiculous.

The majority of people, after picking up one dead kid off the tarmac, would probably need to spend some time at the funny farm, the emergency services are involved in this is on a semi-regular basis.

Gardai should not be bringing bias to the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Shady Tady

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    You may want to consciously slow down. At least the third time you've been caught ....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71237091&postcount=1

Never mind

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82189680&postcount=1

You are quite the rebel ;)

It's the baton he needs not a ticket!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Wait a tick, just realised something - isn't the N7 60kph at the moment increasing to 100kph due to roadworks?

Not near the weighbridge at Rathcoole, that's still 100km/h. The lower speed limit is east of the Citywest junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Not near the weighbridge at Rathcoole, that's still 100km/h. The lower speed limit is east of the Citywest junction.

Incidentally on a slightly unrelated note I have seen the guards in the left lane outbound just past the Newlands Cross lights (On the Golf course side) monitoring that 60kpm outbound on a couple of occasions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Shady Tady wrote: »
    It's the baton he needs not a ticket!

Hopefully it'll not be long before the ban. If we're up at 9 points at this stage OP get a solicitor and take their advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Ah ok. But still admittedly OP was at least 20-30kph over the limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Export wrote: »
    Gardai should not be bringing bias to the table.

Bias? What bias are you referring to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Shady Tady

Bias? What bias are you referring to?

You can't have an opinion on boards if you are in AGS.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

Does anyone know how long it takes for a ticket to be issued from the date you are apprehended, leaving aside the hilarity about my use of english? I would be interested to know if anyone has an idea. Five weeks seems like a long time to wait.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Paulownia wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it takes for a ticket to be issued from the date you are apprehended, ?

Two weeks is normal, but I believe it can take up to a maximum of 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

Paulw wrote: »
    Two weeks is normal, but I believe it can take up to a maximum of 6 months.

Thanks Paul, I will hold my breath so, I was afraid it might have got lost in the post and if I didn't pay the fine I'd be in trouble

Advertisement