Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible Eircom Customer Service

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Little fish

Apologies for the delays with this. I have had to have this investigated and our accounts team have today offered me assurances that the agreed package will be applied within the next three working days and once the €24 package is applied a credit to reflect this the discount lost in the previous bills will be arranged.

I do apologise for the inconvenience this has created for so long however I will treat this case as high priority and I will let you know as soon as the package and the credit for the previous monthly bills has been added (should be Tuesday).

Thank you

AL[/quote]

It's Wednesday now and still no news. Still hoping (dreaming) that one day Eircom will do what they have promised - disappointed doesn't even come close :(

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

Hi Litte fish - have you raised an official complaint on this? The email address is ccm@eircom.ie - I know because I recently raised one myself.

Sinall wrote: »
    Hi Litte fish - have you raised an official complaint on this? The email address is ccm@eircom.ie - I know because I recently raised one myself.

Hi Sinall, funnily enough, Eircom customer services actually raised an official complaint on my behalf a few months ago (as I had raised so many issues with them after the trials of joining) and I was promised 2 x goodwill credits of €25 by the complaints dept. But I only ever received €25 goodwill credit and not the €50 they had promised and also they did not sort out my package like they had promised so I am loathe to waste more of my precious time contacting them as they seem to be just as useless as everyone else.. I have been counting the days since before I was even connected to broadband as to when I can leave Eircom. Good luck with your complaint and don't believe what you are told until to see the physical evidence....

Dear Al, my next bill is due to issue shortly and still nothing is sorted. When you said 'should be Tuesday' I foolishly presumed you meant the next Tuesday after you had written (which was 7 days ago) You obviously meant any ole Tuesday in any ole month - possibly January or February ? If I got paid minimum wage for all the hours I have wasted since making that fateful phone call several months ago to sign up to Eircom I would be a very rich woman. Incompetence doesn't even come close - what a way to treat Customers. Judging by this forum I am unfortunately not alone or even in the minority with the total disregard Eircom has shown me in all dealings with them. Eircom should rename their department Customer Dis-Service as that's exact what they are providing, a total dis service to Customers.

Another bill issued today €55.80. What a total incompetence. Like to see you try to take this one from my account without authorisation when you owe me money.

• Advertisement

I thought perhaps eircom representatives were all out sick or on holiday due to lack of response but, on checking, I see they were active on this site yesterday. How come my posts don't even warrant acknowledgement let alone reply ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I thought perhaps eircom representatives were all out sick or on holiday due to lack of response but, on checking, I see they were active on this site yesterday.  How come my posts don't even warrant acknowledgement let alone reply ?
    Hello Little fish

I have now arranged escalation of your case to higher management as I too believe the package should be on your account by now. As soon as I have further information I will let you know.

Thanks
    Al

Hello Little fish

I have now arranged escalation of your case to higher management as I too believe the package should be on your account by now. As soon as I have further information I will let you know.

Thanks
    Al

Dear Al,

Just thought I'd update you on where I am now. Your complaints dept. Insist that my package should be €55.49 per month. They say the €90 credit I received was to compensate for not getting my package at €24 for 6 months and then €48 thereafter. With an overcharge of €31.49 per month for 6 months and then €7.49 per month thereafter any fool can see that the maths just don't add up. Anyway, I have cancelled my direct debit (as previously advised) as I really do not owe you any money, quite the opposite. I have contacted ComReg and I now have an official reference No. for my complaint, although no news yet. I have also sent a cheque for €6.35 to your data protection Dept. so they can provide me with all my account details including a transcript of the fateful phone call I made back in August ordering my Eircom package. I will, of course, keep you updated on my progress but fear I will never be able to say it was a pleasure dealing with Eircom.

Regards
    Debbie

Advertisement