Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been stood up?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Yup. Met a guy online, got chatting and eventually agreed to meet up at the Spire at around 2pm in the afternoon.
    2pm came and went, no sign of him. I waited for about an hour before I called him up to ask what was happening.
    He told me in a very unconvincing tone that he was "sick" and couldn't get out of bed. First time he said it, I thought "fair enough" but then, when we arranged to meet a second time, he stood me up again and his phone rang out.
    Men can be cruel. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

I thought I was about to be, she just showed up 1 minutes late. We are still together a year and a half later.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 oak1993

aye i went to croke park yesterday and the mayo and kerry players didn't show up for some reason, not sure what went wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭SONIC2008

Not yet! But I'll be pretty mad when it does happen!

I've never been stood up, but there's at least one occasion where I wish I had been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭SONIC2008

Candie wrote: »
    I've never been stood up, but there's at least one occasion where I wish I had been.

Agree with you 100%. Just a few months out of a relationship that I now wish had never happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

Arranged to meet a guy at a coffee place. Wasn't totally sure where it was, but figured I'd go early and find it. My phone was acting up (touch screen button wasn't entirely working) and sending texts was extremely difficult at the time. Say I arranged to meet him around '3', ten past three came and went, twenty past three etc. I called a friend in a panic about what I should do and also to pass a bit of time so it didn't seem like I was just waiting. I got off the phone to her a few minutes later and continued to wait. I remember thinking he had definitely stood me up, but he seemed genuinely nice (it wasn't our first date either). I sent a text (on my extremely broken phone) which said ''you coming dfvxb' or something of that description. He then called me and asked where I was, I said I in 'X coffee shop' and he assumed I was lying as he was in said coffee shop. Turns out there were two of the same coffee shop on that street and we were both thinking we'd been stood up. We met up a few minutes later and couldn't stop laughing. So funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

Arranged to meet a girl, met online etc.
    Muggins here sitting in the restaurant, table for two and all that, got a text from her saying she was running 10 mins late, grand job, ordered a pint for myself.
    15 mins pass,no sign, 5 more mins later waiter comes over asking if I am waiting for "her name" I said yes... he tells me she called the restaurant to see if I was still there that she was on her way... I finish my pint so all in all about half an hour sitting there.
    I sent her a text to ask if she is coming or not, one word reply NO !
    Not looking like the happiest person in the world I ask the waiter for the bill for the pint, he looks at me and asks if I have just been stood up, "Yes I have" I replied, he looked around and said "don't worry about the pint, it's on me...feckin Wimmin" ! made me laugh even after being stood up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Bafucin

Never been stood up couple of unreal nightmare date stories.

Not a ‘been stood up story’ but you asked for bad stories ...beat this....if you had asked me this at one point I would never have told you it was so ****ing stressful at the time.Six years ago.Met this girl through a mutual friend at a party and we exchanged numbers. She was gorgeous absolutely beautiful but I knew nothing about her. Texted a few times throughout the week and set up a date for the following Saturday. I told her to meet me at a cafe that I had picked out that was decent and near a pub. She got really pissy over text because I wouldn't put her up. I told her I live on the northside then and I don't own a car. Coffee was awkward she kept raising her voice way above normal conversation level everyone kept staring at us. So I was like well lets go to a very LOUD club start tossing back some drinks and I feel this date is smoothing out. She kept going to the bathroom and I finally started to notice she has a coke addiction.... great, whatever I'm drunk. Midnights rolls around she is clearly wanting to turn this date into an all nighter. Walk back to my place and she starts talking crazy **** about her parents and how nobody likes her and she has no friends...yep she is a total cow.. We're in my place and she just gets butt naked and tells me to **** her. I just couldn't..I had this fear she would accuse me of taking advantage and to be honest at this s
    tage I was kind if repulsed by her pretty or no she was a horrible person. so she starts crying and yelling at me then proceeds to pound on my outer walls. I ask her to leave and she was like no! not until you tell me I'm pretty. I ask again please leave or I'm calling the guards. She then says if you call the guards I will go home and kill myself. At this point I'm mostly sober and tell her to get the **** out and i was **** scared because i thought my house mates were going to maybe come back and would maybe kick me out for this. I got her out and into a taxi. I thought phew .....15 mins later the taxi driver rang the bell to tell me he couldn’t get her to settle and he was not a babysitting service. I then was forced to do the most awkward thing ever. I went through her phone and got her Dad’s number called it (it was about 2.30 am by then) and I begged him to get her. While we were waiting she pulls out a vile of coke and was about to **** myself. I have dabbled but I have never had it in my gaff. I knew her Dad was coming soon so I started screaming at her to pull it together. I got her into a half acceptable state. When her Dad came for her he looked at me like I was scum he stared through to my ****ing soul. Instead of taking her straight home he insisted on ‘making sure she was ok’. He came inside and asked if his car would be ok outside. I wanted to ****ing kill him. She behaved exactly the same way with him as she had with me. I thought being her Dad he would tell her to ****ing belt up and stop making a total show of herself. But he just started pleading with her. When they were leaving I could see her crawl in the back of his car and she just lay down on the back seat not sitting up just lying there. While i waited 3 days later I have a noise complaint, one of my neighbours called the guards to complain about me and that I might be beating a woman. Luckily my housemates brushed it off. A week later she texted to ask me to meet up again. I ignore.

The mad thing was when I told a couple of mates who had seen her they were like ‘you should have shagged her once’. But I wouldn’t have been able to bring myself to. I count myself luck I did not sleep with her and that I found out early what a horrible human being she was. She was a total disaster. I saw her about two years later she looked really ill. I am not even going to go into ‘oh she lost her looks’ she looked BAD very ill. I saw a lot of crap around my area and it’s sad. But She came from a better background she could have done much better in life. I actually felt sorry for her then. I know a guy who did date her for a few months his life went to **** with the head****ery. One of her parents passed away and she came into some money , she went through thousands in a year on alcohol drugs and abusing people. Last I heard she was in ST Pats for a while drying out.

The thing is with a bad date any halfway decent date seems like a god send. You only have to put up with bad dates one night. They have to live with their own company 24/7.

Nothing to do with her but about two years later I stopped ‘dabbling ‘ permanently and dropped a lot of fake assholes in my life. I saw the quality of people I hung out with improve drastically. It’s true scum attracts scum. I could never have the people in my life that I appreciate now if I continued with to associate with individuals who didn’t give a ****.

I know the incident sounds like a laugh or something. But when you were there and when she was screaming and pounding on the walls I was actually really disturbed. I have seen people get into physical fights and shout and says crap. She was amped and an emotional **** up. I would have given anything to be elsewhere that night. Even now the thought that I was somehow involved in her life is seriously a scary thought.

I have have very tough standards of decency now ...it's not worth it otherwise.

Advertisement