Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 3 Matchday thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Ice87 wrote: »
    Who did you leave him out for?

Adebayor, could work out yet but I'm not holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I knew I should have listened to that little voice saying not to capt rooney!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Charlie Austin is going to score today isn't he just to spite me? Or at least break zero points :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

HighClass wrote: »
    Leaving Siggy on the bench already a massive mistake, I am a dope.

I had him as capt and then changed at the last min to rooney!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I knew I should have listened to that little voice saying not to capt rooney!

Happens to the best of us. Swore all week I was leaving it on Ramsey but then this morning came and I thought Rooney surely would have got a goal. Alas!

• Advertisement

On the plus side, no one is actively having a *good* week yet, so I'm not worried. Emphasis on 'yet'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Lemlin wrote: »
    I did warn you that this heartbreak would come.

Yeah benching attacking players is the worst. I always make sure to have one 4.5m dud on the bench from midfield because the alternative of having 8 who can play just leads to far too much self hatred

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

qwabercd wrote: »
    May sound premature, but I think RVP is past his best. I know he's not fit, but he never seems to be any more. His touch has been off for quite some time. Still capable of scoring great goals as shown at the WC, but some of his performances in the WC were awful I thought.

Same goes for Rooney. His touch just isn't there any more. Tried to beat a Burnley player towards the end and just didn't have the pace. Exact same happened him last week. Time to git rid of United players imo.

That game actually went perfectly for me with Jones 3 BPs (tough call over Azpilcueta) and not having Rooney captained. But with Mata injured and Rooney likely to hemorrhage in value I may need to take a few hits for next GW. Even though they have QPR next I still might get rid of both Mata and Rooney.

Edit - Btw not criticising your choice to choose RVP at all. A better option than Rooney really considering he's on penalties and in a more advanced position so more likely to score.
    cant argue with the above. I wildcarded and just went with 1 utd player in RVP the attacking player I feel is most likely to get points. Ill give him another few weeks but agree that its looking like both rvp and roo are in decline.

cant argue with the above. I wildcarded and just went with 1 utd player in RVP the attacking player I feel is most likely to get points. Ill give him another few weeks but agree that its looking like both rvp and roo are in decline.

I think RvP is past it. I reckon there's better value to be had.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Neoulous wrote: »
    Right. Haven't made any transfers yet. But feel my team's not that strong for this week.

De Gea
    Terry Chambers Bruce
    Siggy Fabregas Ramsey Eriksen
    Rooney (C) Sturridge Fletcher

Krul - Wanyama Wisdom Shawcross

I'm tempted by Eriksen -> Silva
    and Chambers -> Dummet (which would be a pre-WC long-term move)

- edit -

In the end only got Dummett in so that I still have 2 FT coming into the 1st international break. Silva could have been a one week punt (considering his next 2 games) but would have forced me to play WC next week. With all the uncertainty around price changes, it remains to be seen whether playing the WC during the 1st int break is the best option this year. Maybe it'll be better for the 2nd int break ...?

- edit 2 -

Oh and went for Siggy (C) in the end. Was not feeling comfy with the early game C. Watch Rooney punish me now...

Dummett fail (especially that it was a long term investment in my mind...) but I would have played Krul hadn't I made this transfer... Siggy (C) doesn't look too bad as of now ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

PARlance wrote: »
    Not a chance. Phil Jones is a bonus magnet.

If I end up using the WC I'll be joining you on this ride up the table. De Gea with the cleanie and a save bonus will do for this week.

Super Philly Jones: The bonus magnet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Joekers

Top of my league with De Gea in goal and siggy captain with everyone around me with no siggy and krul in goal ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Watching QPR v Sunderland to keep an eye on Fletcher as I'd like to keep him given their run of fixtures (I feel like a drug addict who has hit rock bottom). For those of you with QPR/SUN defenders I don't think you will be getting any cleanies, very open game.

Edit: PVA might well get attacking returns, getting plenty of action in the box

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Not having much luck with my defense choices so far this season. Started with Huth and Simpson. Huth injured and Simpson losing his place. Transfer Huth out for Dummett this week. Cant seem to get it right :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Surprised to see the best right back in the universe Zabaleta on the bench today.
    childish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

1-0 Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarnock

Oops **** wrong forum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Just wait until the CL starts, it will be impossible to predict the Man City starting 11

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

bardsley booked

• Registered Users Posts: 39,533 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Bardsley yellow Stoke

• Advertisement

Hows Jovetic sounding?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Swapped Caulker out for Collocini the way the week is going CAulker will score and get a clean sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Hows Jovetic sounding?

He is singing pretty well today, a few bum notes here and there but overall the crowd are enjoying his voice

routledge goal

Edit no assist

HighClass wrote: »
    Leaving Siggy on the bench already a massive mistake, I am a dope.

I don't mean to be rude but if your not going to play him at home to West Brom then when are you going to play him.

Hows Jovetic sounding?

His version of God Save the Queen was astounding.

(sorry)

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Bony please score :(

west ham goal noble

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

west ham goal noble

A goal for our new Irish international.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    A goal for our new Irish international.