Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Own a house in Ireland and not paid NPPR?.. warning.

Options
  • 29-08-2014 6:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭

Talking to my Brother this morning an he says that an almighty row has started with this NPPR or Non Principal Private Residence. Apparently if you own a house but you don't live in it you are up for something like €200 per year... Fair enough.

According to my brother if you haven't paid NPPR over the last 4 years it jumped from €800 to €4200 and if it's not settled by today it jumps to €7000 on Monday.

Now he says no one really knows about this as it was always referred to as a second Home tax or a holiday home tax. But if you only owned one house in Ireland and live/work in else where etc other parts of Ireland, UK and Australia then you could be up for this tax and not know about it. (There are exemptions I think)

From what I can gather the tax is fair enough but it's the penalties set by the council which is a cash grab, many councils failed to give notice that the tax is due or that the penalties are applied until it's too late.

I would say plenty of people on Aus are going be stung by this as they are living/working here to try and keep their house in Ireland by supplement the rent from Aus wages.

Luckily I'm not affected, but it's a warning to others who still own a house back there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Talking to my Brother this morning an he says that an almighty row has started with this NPPR or Non Principal Private Residence. Apparently if you own a house but you don't live in it you are up for something like €200 per year... Fair enough.

It's not Fair Enough - It's totally UNFAIR. If you own a house then it should be nobody's business except yours whether you choose to live in it or not. There was no basis whatsoever for taxing someone just because they don't live in a house that they own. Even the government now accept that because NPPR has now been abolished, albeit it they have imposed the almost equally unjust Local Property Tax on people's family home.

Great isn't it ? - The corrupt politicians in Ireland completely destroy the economy and nationalise all the private debt that ensues onto the backs of the Irish taxpayers. They force you to emigrate out of the country to make a living and then the bar stewards want to tax you because you therefore can't live in your own house anymore ! - Only in Ireland ! You couldn't make it up.
    According to my brother if you haven't paid NPPR over the last 4 years it jumped from €800 to €4200 and if it's not settled by today it jumps to €7000 on Monday.

I am afraid that your brother is talking rubbish ! Threats of ridiculous penalties for non payment of NPPR arrears (if they catch people who have not paid....) are just a scare tactic to get people to pay. In any case the actual penalties are way less than that figures that you quote in your post (see my link below) and, with all due respect, you should really check your facts before posting nonsense like that - You could give someone a heart attack ! :) Don't pay arrears on this unjust tax !

There is NO NPPR for 2014 or from now on - It only applied 2009 - 2013. https://www.nppr.ie/default.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Long Gone wrote: »
    It's not Fair Enough - It's totally UNFAIR. If you own a house then it should be nobody's business except yours whether you choose to live in it or not. There was no basis whatsoever for taxing someone just because they don't live in a house that they own. Even the government now accept that because NPPR has now been abolished, albeit it they have imposed the almost equally unjust Local Property Tax on people's family home.

Great isn't it ? - The corrupt politicians in Ireland completely destroy the economy and nationalise all the private debt that ensues onto the backs of the Irish taxpayers. They force you to emigrate out of the country to make a living and then the bar stewards want to tax you because you therefore can't live in your own house anymore ! - Only in Ireland ! You couldn't make it up.

I am afraid that your brother is talking rubbish ! Threats of ridiculous penalties for non payment of NPPR arrears (if they catch people who have not paid....) are just a scare tactic to get people to pay. In any case the actual penalties are way less than that figures that you quote in your post (see my link below) and, with all due respect, you should really check your facts before posting nonsense like that - You could give someone a heart attack ! :) Don't pay arrears on this unjust tax !

There is NO NPPR for 2014 or from now on - It only applied 2009 - 2013. https://www.nppr.ie/default.aspx

I agree it seems the Irish people are nothing more than tax slaves these days, no one likes to pay tax and I agree taxing people for this that and the other is likely to be the case for many years to come, they simply replace one tax with 2 other taxes.

In regards to the facts I seen in other forums people have paid the penalties up to $4200, also heard reports in the Irish media. The facts are people are paying it that's the facts.

Scare tactics indeed, the tax was only €800 but it have the local council a free hand to slug a couple of thousand for the sake of it.

I would have thought the Revenue would collect tax, how come the councils are collecting this and how can they charge such high penalties?

In regards to the facts I seen in other forums people have paid the penalties up to $4200, also heard reports in the Irish media. The facts are people are paying it that's the facts.

Scare tactics indeed, the tax was only €800 but it have the local council a free hand to slug a couple of thousand for the sake of it.

I would have thought the Revenue would collect tax, how come the councils are collecting this and how can they charge such high penalties?

You have seen "facts" in other forums ? .:) .Irish media ? - Links please.

The maximum penalties for late payment of the NPPR charge are made very clear in the link to the NPPR website that I posted. Assuming that someone has never paid any NPPR the maximum amount of NPPR arrears is 800 Euros. The maximum amount that anyone could be asked to pay would be this, the late payment charge of 120Euros added, and this 920 Euros then increased by a maximum of 50%. i.e. MAXIMUM 1380 Euros

To answer your question "how can they charge such high penalties ?" :

They can't charge them and they're not charging them - Don't believe everything that you read on forums ! (except boards.ie obviously ! . :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭HcksawJimDuggan

I'm afraid the brother is not talking rubbish. The figures quoted for penalties are fairly accurate. €4220 if you pay by 31st August 2014 & €7,230 if paid after.

https://www.nppr.ie/Faq.aspx#fk0

If the amount is not paid, a charge is placed over the property & the property can't be sold without the liability being discharged.

I'm afraid the brother is not talking rubbish. The figures quoted for penalties are fairly accurate. €4220 if you pay by 31st August 2014 & €7,230 if paid after.

https://www.nppr.ie/Faq.aspx#fk0

If the amount is not paid, a charge is placed over the property & the property can't be sold without the liability being discharged.

That's the scare tactics.......

• Advertisement

That link seems to be working alright for me. It's to the same website as your link. Go to the FAQ section & select the table of charges and late payment fee.

Here's a few more links for ya:

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/generationemigration/2014/08/27/emigrant-homeowners-who-havent-paid-nppr-face-fines-up-to-e7230/

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/woman-gets-4000-bill-for-abolished-nppr-tax-she-never-knew-existed-30066375.html

The maximum penalties for late payment of the NPPR charge are made very clear in the link to the NPPR website that I posted. Assuming that someone has never paid any NPPR the maximum amount of NPPR arrears is 800 Euros. The maximum amount that anyone could be asked to pay would be this, the late payment charge of 120Euros added, and this 920 Euros then increased by a maximum of 50%. i.e. MAXIMUM 1380 Euros

To answer your question "how can they charge such high penalties ?" :

They can't charge them and they're not charging them - Don't believe everything that you read on forums ! (except boards.ie obviously ! . :) )

Can't link from my iphone, will be happy to sicken you later tho.

In the mean time a quick google search.
    An annual charge applied from 2009 to 2013 in respect of residential property that was not the owner’s only or main residence in those years. This Non-Principal Private Residence charge or NPPR was introduced by the Local Government (Charges) Act 2009 to go towards funding local authority services. In 2012 and 2013, it was payable along with other property taxes, as follows:

For the year 2012, the Household Charge was payable on the property in addition to the NPPR
    For the year 2013, the Local Property Tax (LPT) was payable in addition to the NPPR
    From 2014 onwards, the NPPR is no longer charged, but outstanding liabilities and payments will still be collected. Read more in this press release.

If you have not paid the NPPR

Up to 31 August 2014

If you were due to pay the NPPR in any (or all) of the years 2009 to 2013 and have not paid the charge due, you will have accumulated late fees and penalties. If you were liable for the full period and have not paid anything, you now owe a total of €4,220.

These late fees ceased to accumulate after 1 March 2014 and the totals due have been frozen for a ‘grace period’, starting on 2 March 2014 and ending on 31 August 2014. During this grace period, no new late penalties will apply to existing NPPR liabilities.

After 31 August 2014

If you do not pay your liabilities in full by 31 August 2014, or agree settlement terms by that deadline, you will incur additional penalties. If you were liable for the full period, you will owe a total of €7,230 when these penalties are applied.

There will not be any further increase after 1 September 2014. However, Section 7 of the Local Government (Charges) Act 2009 provides that if the property is sold without paying off outstanding charges, the new owner could be liable for the outstanding charges. Any such liability would end 12 years after the charge was due.

See Rates below for more details of the basic rate, late fees and penalties.

Who was liable to pay the NPPR?

If you owned residential property on the liability date in any of the years 2009 to 2013, and it was not your only or main residence on that date, you were liable to pay the charge of €200. The first liability date was 31 July 2009. For each year from 2010 to 2013, the liability date was 31 March.

There were some exemptions to the charge, for example, for mobile homes, caravans or granny flats - see Exemptions from the NPPR below.

The charge applied to all residential property that you owned on the liability date, except for your main home. The onus was on you, the homeowner, to come forward and pay the charge to the local authority in the area in which the property is located. For example, if your main residence was in Dublin and you had a holiday home in Wexford, you pay the charge to the local authority in Wexford.

In summary, you paid the NPPR if:

You owned more than one home
    You owned only one home and it was not your principal private residence (for example, your main residence was in rented accommodation)
    You lived abroad and owned residential property in Ireland
    You did not pay the NPPR if:

You owned only one home and it was your principal private residence
    You were renting out a room in your home and qualified for tax relief for renting this room

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/owning_a_home/home_owners/new_local_authority_charges_on_residential_property.html

That link seems to be working alright for me. It's to the same website as your link. Go to the FAQ section & select the table of charges and late payment fee.

Here's a few more links for ya:

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/generationemigration/2014/08/27/emigrant-homeowners-who-havent-paid-nppr-face-fines-up-to-e7230/

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/woman-gets-4000-bill-for-abolished-nppr-tax-she-never-knew-existed-30066375.html

Thanks for the links. I am still convinced that this is scare tactics to try to scare people into paying. Bear in mind that the local authorities are not even aware that the owners of many properties are not living in them as their primary residence, or , as in my case, have been forced to emigrate and are therefore not living in their Irish house. They are trying to scare those people into paying the NPPR. Be not afraid.

That's the scare tactics.......

Afraid its more than scare tactics. Do you honestly think that the solicitor acting for someone buying a house isn't going to request copies of reciepts that NPPR, household charge & LPT have been paid?

Afraid its more than scare tactics. Do you honestly think that the solicitor acting for someone buying a house isn't going to request copies of reciepts that NPPR, household charge & LPT have been paid?

Household charge and LPT are different subjects.

As regards NPPR how will he know that there was ever an NPPR tax payable on the property ? ?

• Advertisement

Who knows. But I'd imagine with all these property taxes they won't be long creating a database of every property in the country with outstanding charges on them.

I'm only highlighting the facts as per law and the consequences of not paying the NPPR may have in the future.

If you wish to cheat the tax system, that's your own business.

Who knows. But I'd imagine with all these property taxes they won't be long creating a database of every property in the country with outstanding charges on them.

I'm only highlighting the facts as per law and the consequences of not paying the NPPR may have in the future.

If you wish to cheat the tax system, that's your own business.

I have always paid my taxes (I pay a lot more in taxes annually then most people earn), but the NPPR tax was a completely unfair and unjust tax for the reasons that I outlined in my earlier post.

They are creating a database for the LPT, but unless someone was stupid enough :rolleyes: to voluntarily tell them that they were non resident in their Irish property when NPPT applied (2009-2013)they have no way of knowing that NPPT could have been deemed to be applicable on the property between 2009 - 2013.

I have always paid my taxes (I pay a lot more in taxes annually then most people earn), but the NPPR tax was a completely unfair and unjust tax for the reasons that I outlined in my earlier post.

With the majority of non reseidents I think its safe to assume that they have rented out their properties in Ireland since they have emigrated. Assuming they are tax compliant and have always paid their taxes (as you have stated above) they will have paid tax on their rental income in those years. When registering for NPPR the individual is required to enter their PPS number. I'd imagine it'll be a simple excercise for Revenue to check tax returns for the years 2009 - 2013 and match up rental income with properties on which NPPR has been returned.

The Irish income tax system is self assessed so unfortunately if you were honest about your rental income I'd imagine somewhere down along the line you will be caught for NPPR.

Granted I'm sure there's plenty of non residents who haven't declared rental income and who haven't paid NPPR that won't be caught but that is TAX EVASION no matter what way you look at it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭sin_city

Don't have to worry about this but I would like to think that I would not pay it.

When are Irish people going to stop bending over and taking it up the ar.se from the government.

Aren't we the people that came up with boycotting FFS

Well people are paying it, taking out loans and putting it on credit cards.

Was even on the Radio

https://vodhls.rasset.ie/manifest/audio/2014/0826/20140826_rteradio1-liveline-liveline_cl10315727_10317701_261_.m3u8

Well people are paying it, taking out loans and putting it on credit cards.

Was even on the Radio

https://vodhls.rasset.ie/manifest/audio/2014/0826/20140826_rteradio1-liveline-liveline_cl10315727_10317701_261_.m3u8

More fool them ! .:)

This unfair, unjust NPPT tax and the jackboot scare tactics that they are using to try to get people to pay it is like something that Cromwell would have come up with....:mad:

With the majority of non reseidents I think its safe to assume that they have rented out their properties in Ireland since they have emigrated. Assuming they are tax compliant and have always paid their taxes (as you have stated above) they will have paid tax on their rental income in those years. When registering for NPPR the individual is required to enter their PPS number. I'd imagine it'll be a simple excercise for Revenue to check tax returns for the years 2009 - 2013 and match up rental income with properties on which NPPR has been returned.

The Irish income tax system is self assessed so unfortunately if you were honest about your rental income I'd imagine somewhere down along the line you will be caught for NPPR.

Granted I'm sure there's plenty of non residents who haven't declared rental income and who haven't paid NPPR that won't be caught but that is TAX EVASION no matter what way you look at it!!

Whose side are you on anyway ? .:)

Firstly I am (whether you believe it or not !) an extremely honest person who tries wherever practicable to play by the rules, but I can tell you that I have no qualms whatsoever about EVADING this completely unjust and unfair NPPT tax. I have already explained in an earlier post why it is both unfair and unjust. How can it be anything other than a travesty to wreck a country's economy, force people to emigrate abroad and then tax them because they can't live in their Irish homes any longer ! - Shure that's mad Ted....

"When registering for NPPT" ? - Why would anyone in their right mind register for it ?

"PPS Number" ? - Never had one of those. I had enough sense to get on a plane out of Ireland as soon as I left university.

As regards tax on rental income, I don't rent my property out - It's looked after by family. In any case if people who have emigrated are renting their property out they are non resident landlords and their tax liability is in their country of residence. Completely different issue to NPPT.

I'm not taking any sides. OP had a query on NPPR. I'm providing the details and pointing out the facts as per the law.

On several of your previous posts you have provided incorrect information (claiming the max they can charge is €1,380 etc. etc.) so all I'm doing is providing the correct information so that the OP is not misled.

The fact that you keep referring to the NPPR as the NPPT and you have never heard of a PPS number suggest that your knowledge of this topic isn't too strong.

Also, you might want to check up on your tax knowledge. Rental income earned in Ireland is taxable in Ireland even for non residents.

http://www.rentalincome.ie/rental-types/non-resident-landlords/

I'm not taking any sides. OP had a query on NPPR. I'm providing the details and pointing out the facts as per the law.

On several of your previous posts you have provided incorrect information (claiming the max they can charge is €1,380 etc. etc.) so all I'm doing is providing the correct information so that the OP is not misled.

The fact that you keep referring to the NPPR as the NPPT and you have never heard of a PPS number suggest that your knowledge of this topic isn't too strong.

Also, you might want to check up on your tax knowledge. Rental income earned in Ireland is taxable in Ireland even for non residents.

http://www.rentalincome.ie/rental-types/non-resident-landlords/

Is that really all you've got ? - I referred to NPPR and linked to the NPPR website in my first post.

I used NPPT elsewhere as in Non Principal Property Tax - Which is how this tax is commonly referred to... Whatever dude - We all know what we are talking about here.

Read my post again - Slowly this time. I said I NEVER HAD a PPS number - Not that I never heard of one. I know EXACTLY what an Irish PPS number is. I have never had one of them because, as I have already said, I had enough sense to get out of the unfair taxing, unjust taxing, moss covered ****hole (Sons Of Anarchy reference !) that Ireland has become in recent years (thanks mainly to the actions of Zanu FF in the eighties and nineties, Haughey, Aherne, Clowan, Lenihan et al - although current mob aren't much better) as soon as I left university.

As regards taxation, of course the Irish government and taxation bean counters will say by default that non residents are liable for tax on their Irish rental income. However, non residents are not liable for tax on rental income paid in Ireland if they reside in a country with which Ireland has a taxation agreement - In that case they can declare and pay tax on their foreign rental earnings in their country of residence. In any case taxation of rental income is a completely seperate subject and a total red herring as regards the subject matter of this thread.

However, non residents are not liable for tax on rental income paid in Ireland if they reside in a country with which Ireland has a taxation agreement - In that case they can declare and pay tax on their foreign rental earnings in their country of residence. In any case taxation of rental income is a completely seperate subject and a total red herring as regards the subject matter of this thread.

Wrong again. Non resident landlords pay Irish tax on Irish rental income. They also declare the income in the country where they reside and get a credit for the Irish tax paid if the country has a double taxation agreement. Where's the link to support your argument that non residents declare it in their country of residence?

You asked how would revenue know if a non resident individual had an NPPR. I stated that by being tax compliant and returning the income in their tax return, revenue would pick up on the NPPR and check to see if the NPPR tax was paid. It forms part of my argument so I don't think it is a seperate subject matter.

• Advertisement

Wrong again. Non resident landlords pay Irish tax on Irish rental income. They also declare the income in the country where they reside and get a credit for the Irish tax paid if the country has a double taxation agreement. Where's the link to support your argument that non residents declare it in their country of residence?

You asked how would revenue know if a non resident individual had an NPPR. I stated that by being tax compliant and returning the income in their tax return, revenue would pick up on the NPPR and check to see if the NPPR tax was paid. It forms part of my argument so I don't think it is a seperate subject matter.

The "wrong again" comment in your post is very amusing as you give a very selective answer after I've blown all your other arguements completely out of the water.

You want a link to proof that non-residents declare tax in their country of residence ?- Individuals tax returns are private and confidential information, not a matter of public record that can be linked to on the internet (as I'm sure you are already aware)...

Why on earth would a non-resident need to get a "tax-credit" for Irish tax paid if he was not paying tax on foreign rental earnings in his country of residence in the first place ?

Rental income IS a seperate subject. You are nievely assuming that all non-residents who own property in Ireland have the properties rented out - That is not universally the case. Even for those that have there will not always be a trail that can (or will) be followed to try to extort NPPR tax from then - REALLY SORRY TO DISAPPOINT YOU....

This is getting boring. Listen, you can pay this Cromwellian NPPR tax if you want to - Feel free. I don't have to and I am not paying one red cent to the jackbooted crooks who are trying to extort this money from Irish non-residents who have been forced to emigrate (at the same time that they are holding lavish "citizenship" ceremonies for foreigners...) due to the corrupt politicians and their cronies destruction of Ireland both socially and economically. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,039 ✭✭✭✭Esel

:)

"PPS Number" ? - Never had one of those. I had enough sense to get on a plane out of Ireland as soon as I left university.
    You may well have had a PPS number assigned to you though, even if you were never employed or in receipt of a social welfare payment here. It depends on your age. I know they were assigned from the 1980's if not before (to children on reaching the age of 16, I think).

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Am I the only one wondering about someone living in a country like Australia where property rates and taxes are unchallenged giving out about having to pay them in another country.
    Even the ATO allows expenses for travelling abroad to check on foreign owned property.

The "wrong again" comment in your post is very amusing as you give a very selective answer after I've blown all your other arguements completely out of the water.

You want a link to proof that non-residents declare tax in their country of residence ?- Individuals tax returns are private and confidential information, not a matter of public record that can be linked to on the internet (as I'm sure you are already aware)...

Why on earth would a non-resident need to get a "tax-credit" for Irish tax paid if he was not paying tax on foreign rental earnings in his country of residence in the first place ?

Rental income IS a seperate subject. You are nievely assuming that all non-residents who own property in Ireland have the properties rented out - That is not universally the case. Even for those that have there will not always be a trail that can (or will) be followed to try to extort NPPR tax from then - REALLY SORRY TO DISAPPOINT YOU....

This is getting boring. Listen, you can pay this Cromwellian NPPR tax if you want to - Feel free. I don't have to and I am not paying one red cent to the jackbooted crooks who are trying to extort this money from Irish non-residents who have been forced to emigrate (at the same time that they are holding lavish "citizenship" ceremonies for foreigners...) due to the corrupt politicians and their cronies destruction of Ireland both socially and economically. End of.

You've blown none of my arguments out of the water. You incorrectly claimed that €800 is the max that can be charged for NPPR. I proved you wrong with the figures of €4,220 & €7,230 from Monday.

You incorrectly claimed that non resident landlords are not liable to Irish income tax on rental income here. I can guarantee this is wrong and have posted a link to support my argument.

I wasn't asking you to share a copy of your income tax return. I was asking you to post a link to support your argument that non residents are not liable to Irish income tax on rental profits earned here.

Nearly all your posts here have been edited AFTER you have been proven wrong which I presume is your attempt at hiding the fact that you know f*** all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Read my post again - Slowly this time. I said I NEVER HAD a PPS number - Not that I never heard of one. I know EXACTLY what an Irish PPS number is. I have never had one of them.

Of course you have a PPSN. It would have been needed for your parent to claim Child Benefit, your school and university would have required it, also the Passport Office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Two questions if anyone can help.

If someone is seconded by employer to work abroad, and let out there PPR,are they caught for the NPPR?

If a brother and sister jointly own a family home, and the brother does not reside in that house as his PPR, is he caught for the NPPR? would seem unfair (not generating a rental income etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Yes to both questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

MouseTail wrote: »
    Yes to both questions.

Thanks. I thought yes to the first one, but maybe no to the second one.

There must be loads of scenarios where a family home passes to the siblings on the death of the parents and isn't sold immediately because some sibling(s) still residing there. So you might have a situation, where a family of, say, 10 children inherit one tenth of the house, but only one sibling remains living in it and any sale is postpone indefinitely, could the other 9 siblings each be liable for the NPPR:confused:

You've blown none of my arguments out of the water. You incorrectly claimed that €800 is the max that can be charged for NPPR. I proved you wrong with the figures of €4,220 & €7,230 from Monday.

You incorrectly claimed that non resident landlords are not liable to Irish income tax on rental income here. I can guarantee this is wrong and have posted a link to support my argument.

I wasn't asking you to share a copy of your income tax return. I was asking you to post a link to support your argument that non residents are not liable to Irish income tax on rental profits earned here.

Nearly all your posts here have been edited AFTER you have been proven wrong which I presume is your attempt at hiding the fact that you know f*** all.

Life is too short to argue with such rude, foul mouthed ignorance so you are now on "IGNORE". Your views mean precisely nothing to me and your ignorant post above says so much more about you than it does about me....:)

I have not edited any of my posts (apart from making additions to them before any further posts were received - The timeline can be checked and will prove what I am saying. I know nothing ? - Yeah right Normal approach from someone who thinks (in their own mind) that they know everything and have no respect for the views of others.:rolleyes:

I did make a mistake and claimed that €800 is the max possible arrears (before the late payment penalty) for NPPR - I should have said 1000 Euros i.e. 200 Euros for each year 2009 to 2013 inclusive. Big deal. :P

You have completely failed to counter or even address the many reasons I have given as to why the NPPR was an unfair, unjust tax (even the government are showing de facto acceptance of this fact as the tax has been abolished) which nobody should feel obliged to facilitate the collection of, or to pay.:eek:

I will not be paying it and (much to your displeasure no doubt...:rolleyes:) the crooks responsible for it haven't a hope in hell of ever proving that they could have claimed that their was a liability for this Cromwellian NPPR tax on my property. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Whose side are you on anyway ? .:)

Firstly I am (whether you believe it or not !) an extremely honest person who tries wherever practicable to play by the rules, but I can tell you that I have no qualms whatsoever about EVADING this completely unjust and unfair NPPT tax. I have already explained in an earlier post why it is both unfair and unjust. How can it be anything other than a travesty to wreck a country's economy, force people to emigrate abroad and then tax them because they can't live in their Irish homes any longer ! - Shure that's mad Ted....

"When registering for NPPT" ? - Why would anyone in their right mind register for it ?

As regards tax on rental income, I don't rent my property out - It's looked after by family. In any case if people who have emigrated are renting their property out they are non resident landlords and their tax liability is in their country of residence. Completely different issue to NPPT.

Who paid the Household Charge on your property? Who pays the LPT?

Advertisement