Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Watched Film?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Star Wars is about slavery, racism and teddy bears.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

While it doesn't seem popular, Trainspotting is my most-watched film. Great film, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

byte wrote: »
    While it doesn't seem popular, Trainspotting is my most-watched film. Great film, IMO.

Fine film, just not one of those feel good movies most definitely!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 MaXimum CoNviction

I'm not one to watch films repeatedly, the amount I have watched more than twice would be low enough. But I've probably watched Scarface and The Matrix around ten times each, they're probably not even my favourite films, but I'd usually watch them whenever they're on.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 187187

Kelly's Heroes, must have watched it about 20 times.
    The classic war film with lots of great chemistry between the characters with lots of action and comedy to boot and a bloody great story line.
    World war II it was and they want to rob a bank!
    My favourite movie ever (maybe i'm just a big Clint fan)

Killroy was here.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Might be The Intouchables/Untouchables - the French movie, not the gangster movie. Even if it's not my actually most watched it's definitely one of my favourites of all time and could watch it weekly if I wanted. Found it by luck when stuck for a movie to watch with my brother and looked at the trailer - instantly convinced us to watch. Made me appreciate a movies soundtrack even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭unjedilike

There are several films I rewatch on a yearly basis. The fan favourites like Shawshank, Star Wars, Goodfellas, Fargo, Big Lebowski etc. exist on my list. There are a few more.

Contact.
    I don't know why, I know people who hated it but the way first contact is approached in this film is relatively unique, 'we send you the code, you crack it and have the blueprints for a transporter which you can use to visit us on Vega, just don't over think it'. I'm also a big Zemeckis fan as you'll see in a sec.

Castaway.
    I just love this film from start to finish and have seen it numerous times. Hanks is just phenomenal. Zemeckis directed wonderfully.

Rushmore.
    Jason Schwartzman and Bill Murray were excellent. Not as quirky as Wes Anderson's later flicks.

Inglourious Basterds.
    I was never a huge Tarantino fan. I hated Reservoir dogs when I saw it first (14 years old) but it has grown on me since, Pulp Fiction is very good, Kill Bill wasn't for me but, by jove, in this Christoph Waltz was a revelation. I loved and feared Hans Landa immediately. The tension he brings while laughing and joking about is second to none. Ooh, that's a bingo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Another one here who's watched An American Werewolf in London an obscene amount of times. A conservative guesstimate would be between 3 and 4 dozen times. The Star Wars original trilogy and Jaws would also be up there in the viewing stakes too, so it's mainly movies that had a profound effect on me as a child that got repeat viewings.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,670 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I rarely re-watch films anymore. It seems like a waste when there’s so many films I haven’t seen. I’ve watched almost 300 films so far this year, almost all of them for the first time.

It seems crazy now but as a kid I would watch the same two dozen films over and over again. Sometimes I would rewind and immediately re-watch the same film.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

It's probably close between the Godfather Trilogy and the Lord of the Rings trilogy for me (all special extended editions :o). You can't just watch one of those on their own, so they all get watched!

Godfather 3 isn't as bad as people suggest, it's just nowhere near its predecessors or what it could have been.

Close behind is probably Star Wars, Shawshank, Goodfellas and in recent years Nolan's Batmans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

trainspotting, had forgotten how many times i have watched this movie as a teen until someone mentioned it here, i'd say i was able to speak it word for word back then! such a class movie, "THE VIDEO SHOP?! THE FCUKING VIDEO SHOP TOMMY!!!" :D

goodfellas, cannot pass it if its on the telly, to me its the perfect movie, love, sex and violence. i don't really have lists but i know that its my hands down favourite movie of all time.

all dogs go to heaven :D feckin loved it as a kid and then passed it on to my daughter, there was always lumps in our throats near the end of that one!

Advertisement