Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We are all now MU Cows?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Xscreamokidx

Personally I prefer NUI Maynooth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

So dumb. They give out about budgets, cut funding from departments that desperately need it, then spend a tonne of money rebranding the place and changing everything, new logo, new websites, new ID cards. Morons.

Oh for Christ's sake, I see they've updated the library website now to make it just as utterly unusable as the rest. Wonderful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭ConstantJoe

Is there an actual real reason for doing this? Like I suppose really Maynooth students have as much links to NUIG students as they do Trinity students, so the NUI name (beyond senators I guess) to the average student is a bit meaningless. But is there going to be any push for NUIG, UCC, and UCD to change their names too?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

'MU Cows'. Absolutely brilliant.

Also, I have some great stories about the web designers used that I cannot type here, as is against boards.ie rules.

• Advertisement

Also, also, hold onto your hats, crazy kids, for it is the Database Of The Week.

WdzmCc8.png

Twitter logo isn't a transparent png, white background still visible. Bleedin' amateur hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭endacl

banquo wrote: »
    'MU Cows'. Absolutely brilliant.

Better than 'Nuimanuis', surely?

Facebook link literally brings you to Facebook.com.

Facebook is blocked in the Library.

"Events & Exhibitions" has no content in the excerpt, also the headings in those boxes are underlined, which was in fashion in 1999. Hey, while you guys are there can you warn the Clinton administration about 9/11?

• Advertisement

Don't drink and post.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

We [url={http://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/85111802}]discussed[/URL] this last year when it was first announced. MU is the "cool" attract students name. I stand by NUIM. Could be worse though, they could have gone for UM.

"So where do you go?"

"UM?"

Twitter logo isn't a transparent png, white background still visible. Bleedin' amateur hour.
    It's blurry as hell on my linkedin page. Whoever stuck that up there has no clue.

Get me drunk some time and I shall tell you a tale, friends, of my relationship with a certain web design company.

Jesus Effing Christmas Cake all I want to do is get to JSTOR why did they change the site. Whose idea was it to make everything LESS user-friendly? AND HOW DO I FIND JSTOR> FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

mickstupp wrote: »
    Jesus Effing Christmas Cake all I want to do is get to JSTOR why did they change the site. Whose idea was it to make everything LESS user-friendly? AND HOW DO I FIND JSTOR> FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF:mad:

type it into the library search..

Turns out it was easier to just login to the JSTOR site itself.

Those site 'designers' were clearly a bunch of drunk monkeys.

Very often how these things go in a public sector setting are:

1. A bunch of web designers who know what they're doing get hired.

2. They are ignored, as a bunch of people who have no idea what they're doing and have never worked on something like this before "brainstorm" in a committee, usually with terrible results.

3. The results of this nonsense are then passed to the web designers, who are lumbered with the task of building a piece of tripe.

4. Underpaid and hating the job, they don't exactly put their heart and soul into it. Also they're probably doing like 11 other jobs at the same time.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Get me drunk some time and I shall tell you a tale, friends, of my relationship with a certain web design company.

I love drunk banquo. He's so informative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭FatherlyNick

At least it's not Tallaght Institute of Technology.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Facebook is blocked in the Library.

Not in the new parts....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Very often how these things go in a public sector setting are:

1. A bunch of web designers who know what they're doing get hired.

2. They are ignored, as a bunch of people who have no idea what they're doing and have never worked on something like this before "brainstorm" in a committee, usually with terrible results.

3. The results of this nonsense are then passed to the web designers, who are lumbered with the task of building a piece of tripe.

4. Underpaid and hating the job, they don't exactly put their heart and soul into it. Also they're probably doing like 11 other jobs at the same time.

Sounds a bit like this:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/design_hell

That is exactly what happened, guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Was somebody watching South Park when they came up with this name.
    211112_137946646279096_6556119_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭D_s

Well, I mean, they're not wrong.

If it brought them to their own Facebook profile that would be acceptable...

Everybody's fired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

T is already missing from the front sign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Xscreamokidx

T is already missing from the front sign.

Heard it was those f**kers from Trinity :P

Advertisement