Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

build for e500-700

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭cookie24

Sorry Slipslide, I can offer you no advice. Best of luck with the build though.

Hello again,

Finally got the new rig up and running :D

However I am having a few issues :(

1. On start-up a menu appears that I dont understand (pic1). Does anyone know what this is and how to remedy it? You will also notice some of the text is off screen.

2. The hdd appears here but not in 'my computer'. How do I turn it on? (pic 2)

3. When installing something how do you choose what drive to install it on?

Thanks very much. I have tried the internet but it has proven to be not much help thus far.

ETA: disk 2 is a usb key

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

1. Assuming you have windows installed remove the installation disk or usb. Go into the bios and set the drive you installed windows on as the first boot device. There will be an option in there to set the boot priority.

2. To enable the HDD in windows go to start, windows search "disk management", click on create and format disk partitions. The HDD will show up in there. Right click it and format the drive with the default settings. Use quick format. It will show up then.

3. You have to usually select the drive to install it to. Your SSD should be the C drive, and your HDD should be the D drive. Just change the drive letter to whichever one you want to install it on. You might have to select custom or advanced installation to get this option. For the likes of steam/origin you will have to go into their options and select the drives you want to store games on.

Is there any program you can download that will let you choose what drive to use, as needed? Some things I will want going to the SSD and others to the HDD.
    It would be handy if I had the option every time I download something or install something.

You will have the option almost every time. You just have to select custom installation or advanced when installing. It will show the default install location and all you have to do is change the drive letter to the one you want.

Other programs like steam it's just a case of picking the installation drives in the steam options then you will get the choice when installing a game.

• Advertisement

Thanks Bloodbath. After you said that I was all :o

Downloads to the downloads folder or desktop...what drive would they be in?

You can customise all of that. I'd stick the downloads folder onto the HDD.

Everything up and running fine now. Thanks everyone for your help/input, particularly BloodBath.

However should I be concerned about the following. Bought the activation key from ebay:

Advertisement