Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too cold for salads

Options
  • 28-08-2014 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭

I happily munch away on salad over the summer but now that the temperature is dropping, and my workplace is pretty unheated, I want something warming to keep me going.

Currently I'm going for soups with rice added in, but I want to keep up my healthy eating/weight loss. Any ideas for warming, filling, low cal, high fibre lunches?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭NinetyForNone

Do you have access to a fridge and a microwave at work?
    If so make extra dinner the evening before and have it for lunch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

You could still have hot chicken salad or hot steak salad etc with a bit of reheating

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Well, now I just feel silly.

I'm going to blame the smell of sausages from my colleague's breakfast roll for my brain melt.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Na no reason to, I know where you're coming from but if you do eat them you can still keep at it
    I just have meat and veg tbh

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Make chili / bolognaise type stuff with chicken or lean beef / turkey mince. Add bell peppers and a tin of tomatoes and whatever fibrous veg you fancy. Lidl / Aldi do nice bags of frozen veg.

If you dont have access to a microwave you can get one of these bad boys

VAN6614l.jpg

A flashk for food!

• Advertisement
Advertisement