Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wiper Blades - I'm Losing My Mind!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Just to give a rough price about oem wipers. Ford dealer quoted €45 for a set of aero's for a mk4 mondeo, and similarly €36 for a mk1 focus. Well worth the bit extra imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭EunanMac

Try the adjustments / cleaning suggested on the thread first, but if I'm keeping a car, one of the very few things I ever buy from a main dealer are wiper blades. They are pricey for what they are, but they do work much better and last longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Just to give a rough price about oem wipers. Ford dealer quoted €45 for a set of aero's for a mk4 mondeo, and similarly €36 for a mk1 focus. Well worth the bit extra imo.

Good lord :eek:

I paid €13 for a set of Bosch in the local motor factors and they are perfect. They would want to be diamond encrusted for me to spend that kind of money on wiper blades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

djimi wrote: »
    Good lord :eek:

I paid €13 for a set of Bosch in the local motor factors and they are perfect. They would want to be diamond encrusted for me to spend that kind of money on wiper blades.

Perfect for how long? The Lidl wipers are better than Bosch rubbish. Main Stealer blades will easily last 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I've had both Flat blades and conventional blades from Lidl and they work great. Aldi's ones not so good in my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

jca wrote: »
    Perfect for how long? The Lidl wipers are better than Bosch rubbish. Main Stealer blades will easily last 2 years.

I actually can't remember the last time I changed them. It was this time last year at least.

Haven't tried Lidl ones. Didn't even know they sold them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

jca wrote: »

I've been using bosch flat blades for years. They don't wear out. I changed the factory blades after 2 years. Got bosch. Lasted another 2 years no issue. They are still perfect really and have them kept aside for emergencies.
    Worst I've seen are the factory fit blades on a 12 passat. Flat blades and they fell apart in less than a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

mickdw wrote: »
    I've been using bosch flat blades for years. They don't wear out. I changed the factory blades after 2 years. Got bosch. Lasted another 2 years no issue. They are still perfect really and have them kept aside for emergencies.
    Worst I've seen are the factory fit blades on a 12 passat. Flat blades and they fell apart in less than a year.

I never used Bosch flat blades so I can't comment but when I had a car that used the old type blades, the Bosch blades were terrible. The Lidl ones were great but didn't last as long as main dealer blades.

Advertisement