Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 3 Captain

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Other
    Siggy

Yolo!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I have it on Rooney now and Silva as a VC, not convinced yet.
    Siggy is out of question as I don't captain "cheap" players.
    Ramsey is third in line.

Rooney or Silva:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Juan Mata
    wonski wrote: »
    What is the reason that so many players hate to captain those who play early on Saturday? Any stats to support this?

It's not based on stats at all! It's just that if Rooney (in this case) returns a 2 pointer I'm left sh1tting myself for the rest of the weekend!

A bit illogical i know, but can't help feeling that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Have a feeling Burnley will put in a performance against United tomorrow and it's turning me off Rooney. Tempted to go with Aguero now that I've gone against everything I previously said and brought him in :o

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

What is the reason that so many players hate to captain those who play early on Saturday? Any stats to support this?

I'm a United fan,we are playing poorly and for the life of me.I can't remember the last time we put in a performance in an early kick-off either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

No doubt Rooney will go on the rampage if I give the captaincy to someone else for the first time this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Juan Mata
    Going with Rooney, think he'll be fired up after being announced as England captain. Also with Di Maria due to play he will get much better service than from the likes of Valencia and Young.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I think its mainly that come 3 o clock on a saturday you are keeping an eye on all the games, your captain, your assists etc. If your captain plays in the early game and does nothing your weekend is effectively over before it begins and you are looking at all the other games thinking i should have went with (insert player with double figures)

Saying that im going with Roomey. Di Maria to give him decent service and he should be im good spirits with England armband.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'm steering well clear of United players.

Told ya

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Axwell wrote: »
    I think its mainly that come 3 o clock on a saturday you are keeping an eye on all the games, your captain, your assists etc. If your captain plays in the early game and does nothing your weekend is effectively over before it begins and you are looking at all the other games thinking i should have went with (insert player with double figures)

Saying that im going with Roomey. Di Maria to give him decent service and he should be im good spirits with England armband.

Now I understand:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Told ya

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Told ya

Phil would have been a great pick ;) I did ask for him to be put as an option :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Told ya

Went with Jovetic over Siggy myself, so the jokes on me :o

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Captain Di Maria ain't looking so bad now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Juan Mata
    HighClass wrote: »
    Captain Di Maria ain't looking so bad now :pac:

How about now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

roryc wrote: »
    How about now :)

Still looking better than Rooney, Aguero or Jovetic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Juan Mata
    Haha true. I'm hoping my punt on Ramsey works out. It was originally on Costa, then I pulled it off him when he was injured and it was between Rooney and Ramsey. Will be happy if he scores somewhere in the middle of the three!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Other
    Rikand wrote: »
    Siggy

Yolo!

Not often a yolo pays off for me but delighted with this one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Daniel Sturridge
    Mata was my Yolo this week. Got a sly 1 point for a clean sheet. Reasonably happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Juan Mata
    Went for Siggy myself on a whim as I didn't trust Rooney to do the business and Costa was reportedly out injured on Thursday when I had to make my choice, so I got lucky there. Proved to be a massive differential in my private league as I shot from 5th place and 25 points behind first place up to 2nd place, just 5 points behind now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I've been doing well since I've made Costa my captain in Week 2 (Rooney in Week 1). Had him as my captain this week with Sigi a very reliable choice as vice captain. Broke the 70 point barrier (which is not something I do regularly) and suddenly I'm top or near the top of my private leagues :)

Advertisement