Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc in Project & Programme Management

Options
  • 25-08-2014 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hey,

Looking at doing MSc in Project & Programme Management in UL as online/distance learning.
    I have done the Prince2 practitioner certification and have PMed projects at work.
    I would like to move my career in the project management direction.

It have read through some of the older threads about the course but it has now become fully online.

I would love to get some feedback from anyone that may have recently done/is doing the course at the moment and what was the in-company project like to do, and what did you need to submit as part of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 frankpm

This course looks good and I think you should compare this with having other certifications.

e.g. You already have PRINCE2 which is very good.
    - You would then find Agile and Scrum certifications easy and these also look good in your CV

It would be great to be able to speak to past students and see what they think. If you do, then please let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GerCleary1

Hi did you do the Msc in Project and programme management?
    Thanks
    Geraldine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Stanford

Geraldine are you thinking of doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 willya

No, but it is very must one I consider doing.
    Discussed it with my boss and they suggested holding on a masters and doing management training as the path they preferred.
    I will be doing this masters in the next 2 years though.

I spoke with a coupe of guys in the faculty and they couldn’t have been more helpful. They really are focused on this course and want it to develop.

Also there seems to be a number of companies how put there employees through it as part of there development programmes.

I recommend you make contact with the folks running it. They won’t give you a sales pitch but they’ll tell you if it’s a fit your want your plans are.

Advertisement