Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help building a pc

Options
  • 24-08-2014 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi, everyone i am looking to start gaming on the pc, and i want to build my own, but I really need some help with the parts, I am looking to spend €500-600 and could maybe go up to around 700 if absolutely necessary, I don't know if i can actually get anything good for that but Its really all i can afford, I don't need any peripherals but if possible i do need the operating system included in that price! also can some one tell me if amd or intel are better or if they are pretty much the same? thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭sw33t_r3v3ng3

You'll be hard pressed to get a gaming pc for 500-700, sorry to say!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Davidf1 wrote: »
    Hi, everyone i am looking to start gaming on the pc, and i want to build my own, but I really need some help with the parts, I am looking to spend €500-600 and could maybe go up to around 700 if absolutely necessary, I don't know if i can actually get anything good for that but Its really all i can afford, I don't need any peripherals but if possible i do need the operating system included in that price! also can some one tell me if amd or intel are better or if they are pretty much the same? thanks :)

post in pc building, one of the lads there will help you out, check out hardwarversand its a german site very good for getting cheap good parts you wont get anyting amazing for 700 quid but ull def get a decent middle of the road pc,

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭sw33t_r3v3ng3

You could always go for a second hand pc for about 400 and throw another 200 at it and have a fairly decent one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

You could always go for a second hand pc for about 400 and throw another 200 at it and have a fairly decent one

Yeah if you knew what you were looking at or buying off someone you knew, it could be the way to go but with all 2nd hand things you ve to be awful careful, but for 700 quid i dont see why he couldnt get something decent and new,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

You'd be better off asking in the PC Building and Upgrading forum, David. Start a new thread using this template. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Davidf1

I started a new thread in pc building and upgrading, thanks for the tip evo2000 and oak76, im new to this haha still trying to get use to the different categorys!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Maybe not what you want to hear, but you'd build eff all for that money, you'd nearly want double that for a decent graphics card setup to last you a year or two...for that money, if I were you Id settle for a PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Stuxnet wrote: »
    Maybe not what you want to hear, but you'd build eff all for that money, you'd nearly want double that for a decent graphics card setup to last you a year or two...for that money, if I were you Id settle for a PS4

you-just-went-full-potato-man-never-go-full-potato.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I don't know what you're drinking, but it's having a very debilitating effect on your judgement :D

€700 won't get you a world beater, but it'll get you better than a console.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

yeah, you could also pick up a really decent secondhand machine for that kind of money too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Shiminay wrote: »
    €700 won't get you a world beater, but it'll get you better than a console.
    OP says he has peripherals so it's certainly doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭minion35

I've built decent PC's for less than €700, just need to shop around and not always go for the top of the range parts. Also things like RAM, Harddrives etc can also be added to in order to save with the build.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You'll be hard pressed to get a gaming pc for 500-700, sorry to say!

tumblr_l3d8a1cp5P1qzm26fo1_500.jpg

:confused:

Why do people comment on things they clearly haven't a clue about.

For €700 you'd buy a PC much faster than the PS4 or Xbox One.

Even if you just wanted parity €400-450 would do it for the tower on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Moved to Pc Building & Upgrading.

Advertisement