Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where is everyone buying fifa 15?

• 20-08-2014 9:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭

Looking to get the game as close as possible to release day so im trying to figure out where to get it at the best price. In other wards i really dont wanna have to pay Gamestop 70 to 80 euro! or have to wait a few days or more then a week from some sites.

Hopefully there will be people who have spot good deals online or in stores that they can tell everyone about leading up to the day!.

I wonder will there be early access again this year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

I'll probably grab it from Xtra Vision myself, I know it won't be cheap but I don't paying out for FIFA as I know I'll get the "use" from it

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭darrenking

Looking to get the game as close as possible to release day so im trying to figure out where to get it at the best price. In other wards i really dont wanna have to pay Gamestop 70 to 80 euro! or have to wait a few days or more then a week from some sites.

Hopefully there will be people who have spot good deals online or in stores that they can tell everyone about leading up to the day!.

I wonder will there be early access again this year?

There's a deal on bargain alerts for FIFA 15 and a pair of boxers for 58.50 online can't post the link but just search for it on boards hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

darrenking wrote: »
    There's a deal on bargain alerts for FIFA 15 and a pair of boxers for 58.50 online can't post the link but just search for it on boards hope this helps

Ive seen it alright. Hoping to get the ultimate edition so i dunno?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Anyone know the story with EA Access? If I signed up could I play FIFA 15 on release day or will there be a delay in that coming to the Vault?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yes.....you can absolutely sign up for 5 dollars and play their brand new million dollar game on release. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Anyone know what the story is with gamesnash?

I always pre ordered with them but they haven't had any games up for pre order in months and seemed to have stopped doing new releases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Kirby wrote: »
    Yes.....you can absolutely sign up for 5 dollars and play their brand new million dollar game on release. :rolleyes:

No need for the sarcastic tone. Was a genuine question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

PS Store!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Anyone know the story with EA Access? If I signed up could I play FIFA 15 on release day or will there be a delay in that coming to the Vault?
    With EA Access you'll get to download it a week early and play about 5-6 hours of it during that time (playing the full game during that time, I would presume by what's happened with Madden).

You can then buy it (with 10% discount) and continue progress from that point.

It will probably only come to the Vault next summer.

Not 100% I'll buy this year - but if I do, I'll buy it with EA Access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Panda_Turtle

Seems to be decent value on amazon at the moment £40(€50) or £47 for ultimate team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

How much will it be on ps store, and when will it be released there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Id guess it will be 69.99. Its alway more expensive on psn. But you could go halves with one of your friends for it because you can download to more than one console. You just need to have the account that bought the game set up on both consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Id guess it will be 69.99. Its alway more expensive on psn. But you could go halves with one of your friends for it because you can download to more than one console. You just need to have the account that bought the game set up on both consoles
    I always do this it's a great way of getting brand new games for €35. Must have done it with about 5 or 6 different titles by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

US PSN store will be about 50/60 Euro Id imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Anyone ever order games from the hut before? Do they take long to deliver? looking at the deal for the boxers and fifa, pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Pre-ordered from Amazon myself. £40 (€50-ish) with super saver delivery. Not rushing out to have it on launch day so will probably arrive that following Tuesday/Wednesday.

Will have plenty of college work (Read: Destiny) to occupy myself until then anyway. :pac:

Was just looking up Madden on the US store.
    $59 and with the EA Access discount it falls to $54 which works out at e41... :o

Ill have some of that considering you'll be able to download it Tuesday since the US get the EA games earlier than us.

Is the PS store higher for dollar conversion?
    Obviously im getting an extra discount unavailable on PS(EA access) but even $60 works out below e50 if im not mistaken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I'm getting mine from videogamesplus website. Ordered & will be shipped 23rd Sept & card will only be charged when it ships.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Here are the prices I found.

Amazon.co.uk

£45 (€57) for the standard edition

£52 (€66) for the ultimate edition

Gamestop

€70 for the standard edition

€80 for the ultimate edition

Whats everyone's experience with Amazon for delivery s on games? Is there a chance of getting it on release day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

70e/80e, wtf? Did I miss something?

I usually end up buying the new title on release even though it's always a head wreck with the servers acting up/various bugs. Best to give it a couple of weeks.

vidor wrote: »
    70e/80e, wtf? Did I miss something?

I usually end up buying the new title on release even though it's always a head wreck with the servers acting up/various bugs. Best to give it a couple of weeks.

Ya the ps4 xbox one versions are fecking overpriced. Even worse for the ultimate edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Don't remember paying 70e for the standard edition last year. Won't be going for the ultimate one anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭VeVeX

vidor wrote: »
    Don't remember paying 70e for the standard edition last year. Won't be going for the ultimate one anyway.

Gamestop are rip off merchants. In the UK they are charging the equivalent of €54.

http://www.gamestop.co.uk/Xbox%20One/Games/45746/fifa-15?previousUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamestop.co.uk%2FSearchResult%2FQuickSearch%3Fq%3Dfifa%2B15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The problem is that thousands of people will still walk in and buy it from them....so they have no reason to stop doing it.

Refuse to pay it. It's the only way it will change.

Kirby wrote: »
    The problem is that thousands of people will still walk in and buy it from them....so they have no reason to stop doing it.

Refuse to pay it. It's the only way it will change.

That's why I want to buy from Amazon but at the same time I want the game on the day so I don't know weather it will work!

I am happy to wait for videogamesplus delivery. It works out on current exchange rates approx €48.

Plus it will be shipped on 23rd Sept, two days earlier than Europe so it shouldn't be too long after that I have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

That's why I want to buy from Amazon but at the same time I want the game on the day so I don't know weather it will work!

Has anyone pre ordered a game from amazon before and got it on release day?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭NZ_2014

Has anyone pre ordered a game from amazon before and got it on release day?

For Grand Theft Auto 5 I got it a few days before the Official release date, on the Saturday evening, when it was only officially released on the following Tuesday.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-24109176

Although, I did use Amazon Prime one day shipping, and parcel motel.

You can sign up for a months free trial to amazon prime and get that shipping option.

• Advertisement

Anyone ever pre order from smyths? Free delivery but not sure if they dispatch on the release day or before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I am happy to wait for videogamesplus delivery. It works out on current exchange rates approx €48.

Plus it will be shipped on 23rd Sept, two days earlier than Europe so it shouldn't be too long after that I have it.

Whats the difference between the CDN and US version

FIFA 15 (CDN Version) [15 FUT gold packs] - PS4 $69.99 CDN / €48.00

FIFA 15 Ultimate Team Edition (CDN Version) - PS4 $79.99 CDN / €56.00

FIFA 15 (USA Version) - PS4 $59.99 CDN / €42.00

Also any chances of customs getting hit on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I went with WowHD, €49.59 with free shipping for the PS4 version. Link

TZuyafb.png

Smyths is 5 euro cheaper at 65 euro then gamestop and hmv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Cancelled my pre-order for FIFA from Amazon. Going to buy it on the US PS Store.

Working out at about €46 and you'll have it on the Tuesday as opposed to the Friday. Probably the best deal I've found anyway.

Whats the difference between the CDN and US version

FIFA 15 (CDN Version) [15 FUT gold packs] - PS4 $69.99 CDN / €48.00

FIFA 15 Ultimate Team Edition (CDN Version) - PS4 $79.99 CDN / €56.00

FIFA 15 (USA Version) - PS4 $59.99 CDN / €42.00

Also any chances of customs getting hit on it.

From reading other boardies they haven't been caught for customs & website is 100% with plenty of good reviews on boards.

I can't really see any difference between US & Canadian Version. However, I am thinking of cancelling & just ordering online through my US PS Store Account.

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    Cancelled my pre-order for FIFA from Amazon. Going to buy it on the US PS Store.

Working out at about €46 and you'll have it on the Tuesday as opposed to the Friday. Probably the best deal I've found anyway.

Take it I need to make an American account first right? Is it straight forward?

I've looked into it looks easy enough is it safe though? No chance been caught out?

Actually trying to do it now have everything set up but it won't let me add funds to my account on ps4 using the American address or my PayPal. Any ideas?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You need to buy a psn card on amazon. Like a top up card, your own credit card and paypal have your irish address etc so they wont work.

Axwell wrote: »
    You need to buy a psn card on amazon. Like a top up card, your own credit card and paypal have your irish address etc so they wont work.

So just buy the amount u need for the game redeem it on the store on thats it?

Theres two more things just thinking about though can u buy a $50 and $10 and top up one after the other seeing as its $59.99 ? and what happens with the game being out a couple of days before hand on the us store if i go back and play the game on my own psn login my Irish one will i get it banned for playing a game before its release date online?

So just buy the amount u need for the game redeem it on the store on thats it?

Theres two more things just thinking about though can u buy a $50 and $10 and top up one after the other seeing as its $59.99 ? and what happens with the game being out a couple of days before hand on the us store if i go back and play the game on my own psn login my Irish one will i get it banned for playing a game before its release date online?

Use PC Game Supply website to buy US Store Credit and you would have to use your USA account to play the game online I would imagine.

Play Asia also sell them and dont apply an 'activation charge' like PC supply.

• Advertisement

Pre ordered it there on the US store just now so fingers crossed no hassle!

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭setanta1984

I see the Amazon PS4 pre-order price is £44.86 - I'm not too bothered about having it on launch day or anything, so does anyone know if the price usually goes up on amazon after it's released? Or should I be able to buy it at that price a few weeks after release?

I see the Amazon PS4 pre-order price is £44.86 - I'm not too bothered about having it on launch day or anything, so does anyone know if the price usually goes up on amazon after it's released? Or should I be able to buy it at that price a few weeks after release?

Think from what I've heard in the past a lot can depend on how well game is selling or reviewing.

I've seen the price drop on games that weren't selling well but never go up cause they where!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭breeno

Possibly a silly question but does anybody know if buying it from the us ps store will mean you get the American version of the game? ie American mls branding and commentary etc?

Same commentators on the US version. Cover art only applies to the box, you would be buying a digital version off the psn store so that wouldnt be an issue. Not sure what other branding?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

What is the benefit of the Ultimate version?

What is the benefit of the Ultimate version?

Get I think it's 40 free gold packs one every week. Get Messi on loan for first 5 games in ultimate team. Get few other extra teams kits etc. It's not a massive thing really considering most time I got crap in the packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

I just pre orderd and downloaded mine on the Xbox one

Used a canadian Address and switched region to there.

Costt 48.50€

Any one using the canadian way tehres a tax of 8$.

Tried using american details but wouldnt let me. not much in the difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Buying it as part of the €399 deal with the Xbox One in Gamestop :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone know what the story is with gamesnash?

Would like to know this too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement