Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic??

Options
  • 20-08-2014 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Howdy folks can anyone link me or give me a rundown on what weather to expect for Electric Picnic...or is it still too far out?? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Come back on Monday at the earliest for a reasonable outlook .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Yeah, it's still rather up in the air however it's currently looking like quite a wash out, going by the current models. Cool as well with fresh or strong winds.

I was supposed to go again this year but myself and friends went away to the sun instead in July. If these forecasts hold through, I will be so happy we chose the sun holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

highdef wrote: »
    Yeah, it's still rather up in the air however it's currently looking like quite a wash out, going by the current models. Cool as well with fresh or strong winds.

I was supposed to go again this year but myself and friends went away to the sun instead in July. If these forecasts hold through, I will be so happy we chose the sun holiday!
    Thanks..I think

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭jim-mcdee

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Good news Folks!!! MT CRANIUM : "OUTLOOK ... At this point the outlook has improved for the end of the week and the following weekend, probably because models have slowed the progress of what is expected to become tropical storm Cristobal. That may take quite some time to reach even the central Atlantic if it makes the turn near Florida early next week. Then it may reach Ireland in much weakened form if at all by the middle of the following week."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Agreed....it's now looking like a smashing weekend!!! Which makes more sense as the school term will have just started :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Oh it's all doom and gloom on the news anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Met Eireann are forecasting gale force winds for Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Firmly believe the weather in Ireland is schizophrenic - gale force winds & a beautiful weekend forecast at the same time :D

All we need is a heat-wave and some hail & snow showers to top weekend of.

*going down to buy rain gear & sun screen*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭fits

Dont forget the woolly jumper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭jim-mcdee

A windy, blustery day, with strong to gale force and gusty southwest to westerly winds. There will be a mixture of bright spells and heavy, thundery downpours, with some hail. The showers will be less frequent in the southeast where the best of the sunshine will be. Temperatures ranging 14 degrees (in the northwest) to 19 degrees (southeast). The showers will ease off during the evening and the strong winds will die down.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

At present we are looking at:

Friday: very windy, heavy showers between sunshine
    Saturday: mainly sunny with a few showers. Not as heavy as Friday though
    Sunday: looking sunny and possibly quite warm

As ever, this could all change yet! The tone and language being used by the forecasters doesn't sound that definitive really

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭marxcoo

Currently planning on bringing 25 pairs of socks and a raincoat. Sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 odonnie76

Thinking of going to Electric Picnic 2015 and getting a family camping ticket. Does anyone know if you have to have the kids with you all weekend to get in? The idea is to go ourselves for Friday and Saturday and then kids join us on sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

odonnie76 wrote: »
    Thinking of going to Electric Picnic 2015 and getting a family camping ticket. Does anyone know if you have to have the kids with you all weekend to get in? The idea is to go ourselves for Friday and Saturday and then kids join us on sunday.
    This is the weather forum

• Registered Users Posts: 4 odonnie76

This is the weather forum

Apologies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

odonnie76 wrote: »

Try the Gigs and Events Forum - they have a thread on Electric Picnic 2015

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement