Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timetable for DT315

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sniffmybutt

Also will I need to get many books

• Registered Users Posts: 10,669 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Also will I need to get many books

No books, just take some notes and most material is on web courses or you will be given it in class.

Thanks for replying to my questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TheBoss11

Do we need a laptop or iPad? Seems as there are no books

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

TheBoss11 wrote: »

There are books - and a small number of them should be avaiable through the library - it may just be a case that you do not require one all the time.

A tablet will pay for itself over the duration of the course purely through savings in not printing out lecture notes. But a laptop or tablet would be a great help, but not necessary as you can use the library computers for alot of that stuff.

However, and this is based upon my experience, if you are getting one or the other for the first time get a laptop, ideally a smallish netbook. I say this as the screen, while large enough to work on, is too small to really get stuck in a vicious youtube loop :D

• Advertisement

TheBoss11 wrote: »

Personal choice but I don't see a need as there was not a lot of note taking needed. Accounting and Quats will require the Maths notes and for other subject's they will say if you need to take it down as 90% is online.
    There are books - and a small number of them should be avaiable through the library - it may just be a case that you do not require one all the time.

I didn't need a single book during first year in 2012/13.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 katie.7

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Your in for around 15h per week, the timetable has had for the last two years 1 day off, usually a Wednesday.

The Link above is for both first and second years. Look at all the info and it says 1A and 1B, use this and you surname to work out the hours. A-O is 1A and M-Z is 1B.

The year is boring but make sure you don't fail any exams and best to do make a effort in Accounting and Quants as you will have them again in 2nd year.

Induction will take place the week beginning the 8 September. Access or Dare students are usually the Thursday/Friday.

Also just an example from the link above Information Technology 1 is listed 4 times, 2 for class A and 2 for class B. This is because each class will be split in half as the labs won't be big enough so attend the first classes to get your preferred choice as it can be the difference of going home or hanging around for hours waiting.

How will I know if I'm in 1A or 1B? My surname is M and it says that 1A is A-O (and M is there) and 1B is M-Z ?? I don't get it??

katie.7 wrote: »
    How will I know if I'm in 1A or 1B? My surname is M and it says that 1A is A-O (and M is there) and 1B is M-Z ?? I don't get it??

Sorry meant A-L and M-Z. My name was with an M and I was 1B so expect your the same.

Genuinely can't wait to start!! Bring on September!

Has anyone registered yet?

• Advertisement

Ye I have

Ye I have

Did you get in through CAO this year? Or are you a mature applicant

through CAO what about you

through CAO what about you

CAO. I done the LC this year. I accepted the course online but havnt registered with the college yet. Did they send you out a letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ciaran511

I read online that letters should be received on the 28th and 29th of this month! Also the school of business will contact you directly about induction times or something (all of this is on the website somewhere)

Doing the same course and I was worried they never sent me out a letter and that I wouldn't be getting in at all!

Ye last Friday they sent out a letter with my student ID and pin to register as well as my DIT email address and username. Yesterday I also got a blue welcome pack with a lot of crap in it like a student diary, a DIT pen, a lollipop and a couple of other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

hey ya

once you accept your place in the CAO the place is yours :)

hey ya

once you accept your place in the CAO the place is yours :)

So registration isn't a problem? Also when do I hear back from SUSI

Is anyone here going to go to that Orientation programme for the first week of September?

Yeah I'm going to go. You don't need to though, it's just to try settle you

• Advertisement

I might just go to it for a few hours each day and then head home because the timetable for it seems like a long week.

I might just go to it for a few hours each day and then head home because the timetable for it seems like a long week.

Might do the same depending on how it goes. Might not attend everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

registration is the next step after you accept your place from the CAO.

It is important but it is online so you cant "miss it". Once you are registered you can get your ID card etc.

one part of online registration is either paying fees or providing your grant application details - thats it. If you are still waiting on the approval of your grant you just provide your grant application details. Your SUSI application is completely independent of any college. You apply and you get approval - and you inform the college if you have approval.

If you can go to your induction. It is worth it. It is a chance to ask any questions etc before the other thousands of students hit the campuses. Some inductions are compulsory - especially for Grangegorman.

Basically for anyone who is still waiting on approval of their grant application you can register and start your classes no hassle.

Do I have to bring anything with me to the orientation week does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 AlTahir

I didn't get a pen with my welcome pack :(

AlTahir wrote: »
    I didn't get a pen with my welcome pack :(

The most important thing is that you got a lollipop

Do I have to bring anything with me to the orientation week does anyone know?

No idea my friend, I'm not bringing anything. Might not even go to half of the days

I just go the email for when our induction is

Advertisement