Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peg14's study log 2015

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

music exam was all right, happy enough, did all I could really

Head down for next two weeks starting monday with weekends off.
    Not sure how many hours I should be doing a day?
    Made a timetable, lets hope I can stick it to it.
    If I pass the interview (after passing the entrance exam) then I will need to up my mocks by 35 points. Hopefully i'll improve my maths from here to june.

German Oral Friday. I had no idea how important the pic questions were until yesterday.
    Just realised once orals, and music practical complete, there is going to be so much time for studying all the other subjects.
    My maths - I look at the exam papers and think okay this is a lot of effort. I seriously need to up my game other wise I will fail. I'm going to keep telling myself that.

Well study log long time no see

Since then I've really slacked off quite a bit however I'm determined now!!!

Craft exam today went okay I suppose, nothing disastrous. Still life tomorrow, then Life drawing. Should be better, definitely.
    Going asleep now, after Art is finished, gonna be stuck in for the last 3 and half weeks, lots of focus on biology now, and maths.

TIMETABLE for this weekend/next week

Sat and Sun:

Irish
    4 prós
    4 poems
    An Triail

Maths
    Paper 1 revision

Biology
    Senses
    Growth Regulators
    Respiration
    Human Breathing System?/Evolution

German
    Listening

Music
    Melody
    Aural Skills?

Next week

English
    Othello
    Poetry

Irish
    All Essays and Phrases/Seanfhocals

Biology
    REVISION over as many chapters as possible
    Experiments
    Genetics

Maths
    Back to Paper 2 for the week. Learn theorems.

Art
    Georgian Period
    European Art

Music
    Setworks
    Harmonies/Melodies

German
    Vocab
    Listening

1. Deachrachtai ag Daoine Oga
    Spórt

2. Maths Paper 1 questions.

Didn't know much really tired.
    Yesterday got all poems and pros revised and the music Melody so grand with that

just want to add that I'm really enjoying maths study!! is that pure nuts

Actually I want to add my goal grades too. Last year my course was 425 or something but its really dropped in the last 2 years so I son't know what to expect, though it shouldn't rise too much I believe

Ok so here we go yo

Art: B1/B2 (But preferably b1 ;) )
    Happy with Practical. Though, you can never tell how you did, especially with that insanely picky marking scheme. Overall I feel I achieved a b3/b2 in it, so with really hard work with Art History I hope I can secure this mark.

Maths: C2-B3
    On a good day it could be a B, on a not so great day (but good day) it shall be a C. Definitely feel I'm getting more confident in the subject, as its coming more easier to me now with all the practice.

Irish: A2
    Maybe I can get the A1 but I imagine it will be insanely difficult. Oral went really well for me, so here's hoping the written does too!

German: A2/A1
    Anything less and I would honestly be disappointed. OK I didn't get the A in the JC, but I got the B1 the mocks, something like 83% and I made such stupid mistakes so I believe I can do it! This ofcourse depends on how I did in my oral which I hardly remember at this stage!

Music: B1/A2
    A1 will be very hard, it will depend entirely on the day.

Biology: A2/A1
    I believe in myself!! I still have mountains of work left to do though.

Then English. This is my backup subject so, not counting points for this yet.
    I really want around 540, I feel I deserve it tbh I 've been a hard worker!!! ;)

• Advertisement

ugh my study just isnt going that well
    i've decided im gona have to go in for supervised study, I just cant stand being at home
    got reproduction done, some maths Q, bit of art history.
    Going to push myself for weekend , I have to I have no other choice

Should probably update this
    How many days now?
    4 and a half.
    Feeling okay.
    I feel 75% of the way there in every subject - I just need to get it all revised now
    Today did Maths Questions, German Vocab and Listening, just finised Dickison and that's my first time learning her for an exam and I have to stay I'd love if she came up! Prefer her to Frost to be honest. Gonna do comparative now.
    Later I will learn all Paper 2 Irish stuff.

Tomorrow then, its serious business! Gotta wake up at 7am. Going to do Irish Paper 1, Ni Chuilleanain, Maths, German Vocab and Listening and Georgian Era (and michelangelo) Now gonna stop procrastinating!

thought I update this too

English: both papers went fine, definitely did better in my 2nd one which I was delighted with, the first exam has never really been my strong point anyways but I was happy enough with how it went.

Maths: I don't think I failed. Adding up marks in my own head and I assume I got around 50% in both.

Irish: Very happy with both exams. I'm sure it will be marked hard though.

Biology: Yeah I agree it was quite unusual and I made STUPID mistakes but you're always going to make them. Happy enough. Wouldn't do biology again.

Now Art History, Music and German. Not too bad! :)

Finished :D

I guess a recap then
    Art History: Really happy.
    Music: Happy enough!!
    German: Again happy enough.

Nothing went too rotten for me, maybe apart from Maths paper 2 but that was ages ago now so lets just forget about that ;)

Advertisement