Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free range beef cork area

Options
  • 15-08-2014 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

does anyone know of a good reputable supplier of free range beef in the cork region? a place where i can get organ meats etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

mickman wrote: »
    does anyone know of a good reputable supplier of free range beef in the cork region? a place where i can get organ meats etc

99.999% of all Irish beef would be classed as free-range as the feedlot system just does not happen to any significant extent in this part of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

99.999% of all Irish beef would be classed as free-range as the feedlot system just does not happen to any significant extent in this part of the world.

Yeah fair enough .

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

What part of Cork?

What part of Cork?

North cork but I work in Mahon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

North cork but I work in Mahon

North Cork? There is a decent butcher on main street in Mitchelstown.

As other poster said, if it's Irish your good to go. I wouldn't worry about organic/non organic on the beef front. ( i know two organic beef farmers, let's just say it's more of a paper exercise!).

Chicken and pig is a different matter.

Try and get your hands on wild venison

• Advertisement

ford2600 wrote: »
    North Cork? There is a decent butcher on main street in Mitchelstown.

As other poster said, if it's Irish your good to go. I wouldn't worry about organic/non organic on the beef front. ( i know two organic beef farmers, let's just say it's more of a paper exercise!).

Chicken and pig is a different matter.

Try and get your hands on wild venison

Well I'm looking for chicken and pig too. Woodside farm in cork seem to do the pig - Any chicken ones ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Well I'm looking for chicken and pig too. Woodside farm in cork seem to do the pig - Any chicken ones ?

Not that I know of. jackmccarthy in Kanturk deliver free for orders over 100. They sell free range bacon.

Supermarkets sell organic chicken, what exactly that means in reality, I don't know.

A lot of the large wholesalers stick bord bia stickers on non Irish beef, find a local butcher who is supplied by local farrmers.

Mountain lamb direct from farmer is great, I get one every year

ford2600 wrote: »
    Not that I know of. jackmccarthy in Kanturk deliver free for orders over 100. They sell free range bacon.

Supermarkets sell organic chicken, what exactly that means in reality, I don't know.

A lot of the large wholesalers stick bord bia stickers on non Irish beef, find a local butcher who is supplied by local farrmers.

Mountain lamb direct from farmer is great, I get one every year

Yeah I reckon farmers market is the only way

Mahon point seems to have them

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Bresnan's butchers in Douglas Village shopping centre sell beef and lamb from their own farm. You can buy every bit of the animal - bones, organ meat etc.

They do free range chickens as well, but they're a bit pricier than in the supermarkets. AFAIK they don't sell free range pork, but the pork they do sell is local and they get the whole animal into the shop so you can buy whatever cut you want.

Bresnan's butchers in Douglas Village shopping centre sell beef and lamb from their own farm. You can buy every bit of the animal - bones, organ meat etc.

They do free range chickens as well, but they're a bit pricier than in the supermarkets. AFAIK they don't sell free range pork, but the pork they do sell is local and they get the whole animal into the shop so you can buy whatever cut you want.

Good one thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement