Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUIM First Years Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭blackkeyes

thelad95 wrote: »
    Sorry but am I the only one here who hasn't a clue about Game of Thrones?

Hah no!
    I was considering importing a friend from DCU to be a member of my team at the tablequiz if the prize is something good though. . But ssshhh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Picasso711 wrote: »
    Enjoy mantra anyways... I am sure you won't be missed....

Lemon.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Picasso711

I do take GoT a lil too serious.. But you should definitely give it a chance... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Picasso711

A lil too serious but you should watch it before you dismiss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

banquo wrote: »
    Person: Oh man, have you not seen GoT? It's got dragons and magic and a midget and–

Me: Stop right there.

Don't be silly...that's Harry Potter/LotR/Eragon etc. Couldn't sum up the interest in it to be honest
    Picasso711 wrote: »
    Enjoy mantra anyways... I am sure you won't be missed....

Hello there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 ItsJustLaura

For our student card, do we need to bring like a passport picture with us for the card or do they take our picture down there?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Mario95

Does anyone know if it will be possible to pay the €100 of student levy on the registration day, or do I have to pay online?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

For our student card, do we need to bring like a passport picture with us for the card or do they take our picture down there?

They take your picture there.

Hey guys do parents usually come to the registration day?

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

thelad95 wrote:

I doubt it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Do we only get a student card when all fees are paid? Regardless of grant?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I saw a guy one year going in with his parents, they waited for him while he got his picture taken and ID printed. Never seen someone so mortified.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Why exactly would someone's parents come to registration? Just boogles the mind

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

If someone is bringing their parents, please let me know in advance so I can attend this spectacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

banquo wrote: »
    If someone is bringing their parents, please let me know in advance so I can attend this spectacle.

can I be your plus one?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

We'll hire a photographer, pay other people in the queue to cheer.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Imagine when they're taking the picture, the mother starts fretting over their child's hair
    "Look at your hair, its such a mess. Ok now don't slump your shoulders, keep ur back straight and don't forget to smile for mammy". Que an embrassed teenager and bewildered looks from the staff and students.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

this is where you begin to know people... I think parents would only hinder that...

So how's everyone feeling about the whole thing? Nervous excitement is how I would describe how I feel....

Who's heading up today? :)

So how's everyone feeling about the whole thing? Nervous excitement is how I would describe how I feel....

Who's heading up today? :)

Getting a train up soon enough, travelling 5 hours to get there is nerve racking in case I forget anything I need :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

We do have shops here, you can buy what you forget. Relax, you'll all be fine.

Do many people usually go to the events during orientation week?

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

Do many people usually go to the events during orientation week?

I'd say anyone that lives on campus or close by would go, sure why not its a good way to make new friends, and most of the events are free

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Pk9712

Is paying fhe student levy of €100 only done online? Or can i just give them€100 tomorrow at registration?

Pk9712 wrote: »
    Is paying fhe student levy of €100 done online? Or can i just give them€100 tomorrow at registration?

I did it online anyway. In the 'enter amount' box, I put in the first installment amount + another 100.

I just paid €100 online. None of my housemates are in yet. Shít craic ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

9bred4 wrote: »
    I just paid €100 online. None of my housemates are in yet. Shít craic ha

gaffer in yours so?

gaffer in yours so?

Flake away bah. Though apparently there was a few in the place but never heard them nor have I seen them since they left.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Ace of Hearts

Have a question re. business as an arts subject. I'm just checking the timetable, right, and I've highlighted the business modules. When I view the timetable, there are 2 modules clashing at each time. Am I right to assume that there are 2 different business classes due to high numbers etc.?

• Advertisement

Whay did ye think of the frat party?

Advertisement