Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

38g of Fibre a Day?

Options
  • 15-08-2014 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I've been back logging my food intake a gain and trying to get my diet back on track...But I've noticed that i'm taking in 30-38g of fibre a day.

My sources of fibre are as follows:
    Oats
    Chia/Flax Seed
    Nuts
    Beans(Red/White kidney, Butter Beans, Chickpea's)
    Veg(Onion, Tomatoes, Spinach, Broccoli, Roasted Peppers)
    Grains(Brown Rice, Egg Noodles)

Cheers in advance guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,578 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Do you want to know if it's too much or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Do you want to know if it's too much or what?

Oh yeah sorry...

I was just wondering if the intake is over the top or within a healthy range

Oh yeah sorry...

I was just wondering if the intake is over the top or within a healthy range

It's a touch above the recommended bug you'll know all about it if it's too much for your body :)

If you're not getting bloated, a lot of gas and you're not going to the jacks too much (though if you don't get enough water on board you could go the opposite way), then you're probably ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

It's a touch above the recommended bug you'll know all about it if it's too much for your body :)

If you're not getting bloated, a lot of gas and you're not going to the jacks too much (though if you don't get enough water on board you could go the opposite way), then you're probably ok.

I aim to drink a good bit of water, which is easy enough to do when its warm and training, but winter may be more difficult ha ha

I aim to drink a good bit of water, which is easy enough to do when its warm and training, but winter may be more difficult ha ha

Your digestive system will let you know when you're having too much fibre.

• Advertisement
Advertisement