Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest biscuits?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Thankfully no one has said Arse Biscuits yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

Walkers Shortbread Fingers for Dunking......Yum :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Those chocolate cookies from Aldi nom nom nom..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

chef wrote: »
    Tim Tams
    A poor man's Penguin.

The Mint Slices the same company make are rather tasty though and on a par with Mint Viscount biscuits IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Only home-made ones. Commercial biscuits taste of marge and flour, and I don't excuse the chocolate, either.

It's entirely dependant on my humour.

I like everything mentioned. Except Dark Chocolate digestives because I've never had them - milk chocolate digestives (McVities) are deadly.

I like things with wafer too. Custard creams are completely underrated. Jam & Cream rings. The little ones you get with a cup of coffee.

All them. ALLLL THEEEEEMMMM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

White Chocolate covered Oreo's ,cannot buy them unless I am willing to eat them all in one go. Jersey creams only because they remind me of when I was younger.

Malted Milks as well.

Coconut Creams.

The best ones were Dunnes Coconut Crumble Creams but the bastards stopped doing them.

I want biscuits now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

Has to be thick tea, with butter can't get them anymore tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Clubmilk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Properly made macadamia nut and white chocolate cookies.

There's also one that M&S do with pistachio nuts.

So good !

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

Clubmilks, Penguins and Tim Tams are not biscuits

Have some respect...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Always liked Toffypops.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

Fox's Chunkies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

northgirl wrote: »
    The thin Belgian waffles with a layer of caramel in the middle although not sure if strictly "biscuits" they are in the biscuit section of Lidl/Aldi/M&S :pac:
    They're Dutch waffles. Belgian waffles are the big fat ones.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Maryland ones are amazing. And hobnobs. And oreos are a long time favourite of mine

I would like all the biscuits now please

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

Ginger snaps/nuts !!! The ones that are extra gingery....and only if there are about 8/10 ...anything less is a waste of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

They're Dutch waffles. Belgian waffles are the big fat ones.

Whatever, they're still NOM :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

"Dunking" is a sign of the same sort of degeneracy that rogered the Aztecs, the Roman Empire and the Bourbon dynasty in pre-revolutionary France, and I will have no truck with it. Biscuitudinally-speaking,, it's generally a toss-up between Milk Chocolate Hob Nobs and Jaffa Cakes. And before anyone brings it up, I don't give a scutterry fcuk whether the Revenue Commissioner considers the latter cakes or biscuits! :pac:

• Advertisement

Pepperidge farm.
    Bleedin' gorgeous, I eat bags of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,963 ✭✭✭✭bnt

northgirl wrote: »
    The thin Belgian waffles with a layer of caramel in the middle although not sure if strictly "biscuits" they are in the biscuit section of Lidl/Aldi/M&S :pac:
    Mmm. They're called stroopwafels (syrup waffles), actually a Dutch invention, but Belgium is close enough. :p

As for the Nicest biscuits, well, it would have to be Nice biscuits,of course. They're called Nice for a reason, y'all. Wait ... oh, you mean Nice, like the city in in the south of France? Whatever, they're still Nice.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Anything other than a plain digestive is immoral decadence.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Been impressed with the Belvitas lately! Especially the ones with the choc chip in them!

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Boland's Chocolate bites ! Only 1 euro .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Not so much dipping in my tea but biting the ends of a twix and using it as a straw is prob my fav thing to do with tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Everlong1

M & S choccie digestives are nice when dipped in tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Just had my tea with hobnobs. I can now confirm they are the best dunking biscuits!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭AdolfHipster

Dunnes Stores chocolate digestives. Close second is chocolate hobnobs. Not even debatable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Guys, guys, guys! No one said a pink wafer yet! Has everyone lost touch with their inner child? They were always the first ones to go from any biscuit tin that contained them when I was a young'un, there'd be a big race to get them and all. The unnatural colour clearly meant they were the best!

Don't worry, I'm not some mental manchild, they're clearly vile; I'd go with a hob nob or something.

Advertisement